3rd February 2018, 03:53 PM
chinmay kolkata

Does 12th marks affect in getting good and high profile government jobs?

Does marks of 12th matters for government jobs like UPSC, SSC and others? My 12th marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are 66% in all the three. So, let me know if my 12th marks will affect my in near future in getting government jobs or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Which course should I opt after 12th to get high profile private jobs?
  2. Which field is the best after completing B.Tech EEE?
  3. Does 12th marks play any role in campus placement or in getting a government job?
  4. Am I eligible to get a job after completion of B.Tech if I have scored less than 60% marks in 12th?
  5. What is the importance of 12th marks for studying in abroad?
  6. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available for B.Sc(Chemistry) students?
  7. How should i prepare for joining government jobs after Matriculation?
  8. Whether gap of 5 years between 10th and 12th will affect my job chances or not?
  9. Age criteria for Government jobs after MBA with 59% marks?
  10. Low percentage in 12th: How to get good Government Jobs and Prepare for Higher Studies? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. What are the job opportunities after completion of BCA? I am doing it from Kumaon University
  12. Is it possible for me to get an government computer job right after completion of higher secondary and know the basic software's like Tally and MS-Office?
  13. How will it affect my profile for doing MS in Computer Engineering after doing B.Tech in 5 years instead of 4 years?
  14. What is the scope in governemnt jobs after BCA? Are there any good options available?
  15. Guidelines to get a Central government job after B.Sc degree?
  16. How can I get a good job after completing MBA with good marks? I've got 67% in 10th, 78% in 12th and 56% marks in B.Com undergraduate
  17. How much salary is given to a B.Com Holder who scores less than 75%?
  18. How to avail scholarship to study abroad?
9th February 2018, 01:52 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does 12th marks affect in getting good and high profile government jobs?

Marks secured in 12th will not affect in getting good government jobs. In interview stage of some jobs, interviewer may asked about your low marks. Apart from interview, there will be no issue of less marks in 12th.

To get government job, a candidate needs to crack various stages of competitive examination conducted for job.
9th February 2018, 02:34 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does 12th marks affect in getting good and high profile government jobs?

If you got less than 60 percent in 12th board and being in general category it will affect your career.
As because in some of the examination it is compulsory to have 60 percent in 12th board to be eligible for that.
But if you are under reserved category then no need to worry.
As per you have mentioned that you got 66 percent in PCM then overall percentage obtained will be more than that so no need to worry.
You will not face any type of difficulty while form filling.
9th February 2018, 08:46 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Union Public Service Commission and Staff Selection Commission has nothing to do with marks of higher secondary. It will be just considered as your academic performance at 12th level.

In UPSC, SSC exams, you have to clear different stages of their exams. Candidates with 40% in 12th can clear these exams. It depends upon your level of dedication, determination and hard labour for these exam not on 12th percentage of marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?