11th June 2011, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Does Mechanical Engineering course suit girls?

i have completed my intermediate.......now iam in a confusion to take the best group in engg........i have intrested in mech.....i have self confidence that i can do it but some persons discourages me that mech is only for girls is it correct..........?really mech does n't suit for girls........i want the answer plz...........

Related Questions:
  1. Engineering course which is in more demand? Do all the courses suit girls? Which course has 100% job guarantee?
  2. Is Mechanical Engineering field good for girls? -- [New]
  3. What is the future in mechanical engineering for girls students?
  4. Is Mechanical Engineering unsuitable for girls?
  5. Job opportunities in Government sector for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) female student?
  6. Engineering branch best suited for girls? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Will Chemical Engineering give jobs in campus interview? Does the course suit girls? What will be the salary for chemical engineering students?
  8. Do girls easily get jobs in Mechanical Engineering? What is the average salary of a mechanical engineer?
  9. How should I join marine engineering after scoring 80% in B.E 3rd year Mechanical branch
  10. Can girls take up Mechanical Engineering?
  11. Can a Mechanical Engineering B.Tech student apply for Merchant Navy? Will the course suit the Mechanical Engineers?
  12. Which course is more suitable to do M.Tech in mechanical engineering for girls
  13. Best Engineering branch for girls between Mechanical and Compute Science Engineering?
  14. Do girls easily get a job in Mechanical Engineering? What is the average salary offering in this branch of engineering in India?
  15. Which jobs are better for girls in Mechanical Engineering? I am studying mechanical engineering 3rd year
  16. Which type of government jobs is available in TamilNadu for Mechanical Engineering girls?
  17. What is the fees of Narayanamma Engineering College for Women in Mechanical branch for girls
  18. Is Mechanical engineering course good for girls? I am a Mechanical Engineering student and want to join Aviation
24th June 2011, 01:45 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Does Mechanical Engineering course suit girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have completed my intermediate.......now iam in a confusion to take the best group in engg........i have intrested in mech.....i have self confidence that i can do it but some persons discourages me that mech is only for girls is it correct..........?really mech does n't suit for girls........i want the answer plz...........

MECHANICAL ENGINEERING RIGHT COURSE FOR GIRLS???

This is one of the common questions where many girls will have when they select for the mechanical engineering course...

-> Now first of all Mechanical Engineering is preferred for boys alone because there are meant to be lot of physical work to be carried out..

-> But that's not the only job available in the mechanical engineering to work alot physically but there is a large amount of need for that hence it preferred by boys..

-> There are jobs in mechanical engineering which is quite challenging like designing of machines where there wont be any physical work but use of proper idea with the help of computers.. but this kind of job is very little hence you cannot easily get this type of

jobs...

-> As you have mentioned you have self confidence then i guess you can opt for mechanical course because if you can do well right from the first year of the course then for sure you can reach to heights..

-> I finished by B.E by this year.. in our batch we had 4 girls in Mechanical Engineering but now in the present year we have 20 + girls in Mechanical Engineering..

-> One of the best solution for you is to finish B.E/B.Tech Mech and M.Tech in Mech. and apply for Asst. Professor job in college and do the teaching job for first 2 yrs then you can further carry on with Ph.D and research..

-> Always remember this if you are interested more in Mech. then go for it because it's your future which you are going to decide and don't ever regret after taking the course for its being hard to complete.. just put everything in the positive way and move on...
24th June 2011, 05:23 AM
dineshpandiyan

Smile Re: Does Mechanical Engineering course suit girls?

Mechanical Engineering Includes Hardware and Software.

Hardware Field consists of Machining,Manufacturing, Production, Planning

etc, and Software field consists of Designing of 2D &3D components, Drawing

etc. Some Girls jining Software field in Mechanical Engineering. so,Mechanical

Engineering is Suite for Both Boys and Girls.
24th June 2011, 11:06 AM
foreturner
Senior Member+

Default Re: Does Mechanical Engineering course suit girls?

well friend

It is indeed true to a large extent that mechanical engineering is more suited for

Guys and less for girls,

as mechanical engineer one is placed in factory jobs and there is a lot of hectic work

Including shifts.. that means there is night duty for mechanical engineers

Which is not so suited for girls, esp in Indian scenario where there is taboo associated

and respect for women is low... there may be misbehavior etc.

One field you may target as a mechanical engineer is Academics and research

which are considered ideal for women and you will still manage to work with your passion

For that you need to Do M.tech and then if you choice Phd.

These professions have a lot of respect for women candidates.

GENERALLY suited Fields for Female candidates

Computer Science

Information technology

Electronics

etc.
24th June 2011, 01:27 PM

this is an interesting topic and nice blog, women are just side by side with men so if they the potential and physically tough to do a hardworking job they must do what they want to be in the life. many Mechanics Jobs has been offered that have no boundary of male and females but capabilities to prove themselves in the field.
24th June 2011, 01:30 PM

Sure, why not? There is definately an overwhelming number of males in a civil engineering course compared to the number of girls- but this does not affect the ability for a girl to become a civil engineer or to be able to complete the course. You should be very proud of your daughter.
24th June 2011, 02:29 PM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

In Mechnical much task is physical.if you are ready for pysical work then you should apply for Mechnical engineering.

Mainly mechnical engineering is not preffered by girls because they does't want physical work.

It is not necessary that you will work in company after completion of B.Tech you can take admission in M.Tech and you can apply for assistent professor.

Todays girls are intrested in mechnical branch.

you are intrested in Mechnical Engineering so you should take admission in you intrested branch because you can get good success in your intrested branch.

Mechnical is not only for boys ,it is for all students.
24th June 2011, 02:42 PM
04rust

yes it can suit a girl. just the fact is that it is less choosen by a girl.
but if you have interest in it, then its the best stream one can choose.
the demand for mechanical engineers have always prevailed.so dont ythink that u are a girl or any thing....just go for Mechanical..
All the best
24th June 2011, 04:52 PM
sourindra

In mechanical field you need to lot of physical hard work. So, its depends on you. If you have the capability then you can go for this course.
24th June 2011, 05:24 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
See, don't listen others, do whatever you want.. Never underestimate yourself..
I think that Now a days there is no difference between boys and girls..
yes it is true that Mechanical stream is a very hard working stream, where you have to do lots of physical work...
you can get a job in maintainance department, or in designing department in a company where you have to be carried out lots of physical work...
but if you have interest in mechanical stream then you can go for it.. Now a days lots of girls are taking admission in mechanical stream..
so, if you have the confidence then go for it..
all the best..
26th June 2011, 02:33 PM
amitranjan.nitt

Dude no branch is only for boys or girls except mining.
So if you like machines,engines,transmissions etc then you should choose mechanical engineering don't listen to others listen only to your souls and whatever it says because your soul'll never take you to wrong path.Go for what you like.
Usually girls don't like mechanical engineering because of mechanical work in it so people say that this branch is not for girls BUT this is not true.

ALL THE BEST...
8th July 2011, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

placements after b.tech
10th September 2011, 05:07 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

mechanical is the course which is strictly related to the machines.
suiting of this course to the girls is quite strange thing.
means the mechanical engineering course includes the hard working practicals and the courses like strength of the material , machine designing , engineering drawing which requires lot of hard work.

i am not saying that girls cant do hard work but it is difficult.
very few mechanical engineering girls are pass out from engineering colleges like nit's or iit's.

the best suitable and non hard working branch for the girls is computer science and engineering.

thanks and best luck
11th September 2011, 03:58 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Generally,the Mechanical Engineering branch is preferred by boys as lot of physical labor is required in this field..but some girls do take up mechanical engineering and make a good career out of it as it is not only a game of physical but also mental strength..

construction of machines requires physical strength but designing them and working out their proper mechanisms requires a lot of brains so you can excel out there..

if you have the determination in you and you are confident of yourself then you should definitely go for this branch..

even if you are not able to succeed in the branch then you always have the option to change your branch by the end of the first year as in the first year..the course for all the streams is same..so do try it out once..

follow your interest..all the best..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
12th September 2011, 10:15 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
I want to tell you that mechenical engineering is really not good for girls.Its not suitable for girls.So its better to choose any other option.Mechenical engineering is a core branch and also there is so much field work with this branch.So dont choose this option.There are many other options are present and also the other branch will give you many good future opportunities.

The several fields which suitable for you are

COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGINEERING

INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY

ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION

ELECTRONICS AND INSTRUMENTATION

So choose any one of them.

All the best.
30th October 2011, 11:45 AM
pratik k

Yes even a girl can do mechanical engineering,
mechanical engineering is an evergreen branch that involves quiet a bit of physical work,
but despite that you even learn about ic engine, turbines, heat transmissions etc which
is quiet intresting, girls generally dont take mechanical engineering because they are not intersted in doing it and coz it involves physical work....................
but now time has changed, even there are many women pilots working in the airforce,

so i suggest don't listen to what people say, coz its ur future , listen to urself
however if you find the course tough there's always a second chance you can graduate in (mech eng) and go for an M.B.A.

there are even other branches of engrng that have good scope like ec, cs, it, eee etc

so whatever it is follow your hearts desire,

ALL THE BEST :-)
7th June 2013, 12:16 AM
ramaprabhasmudhunuri

Quote:
sir,did mechanical have good carrier or civil engineering have good carrier but i have interest in both.Is mechanical having good future to girls?
15th June 2014, 02:43 AM
Unregistered

im so confused
I want to do mechanical but my parents are forcing me
they want me to do electronics
I don't no wt to do
im not dat great a fan of mech but still I find it better than others
wth shud I do?
please help
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?