7th August 2015, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

Is Mechanical Engineering field good for girls?

Hello sir,

My name is S. Swathika. I have completed my 12th exams with 95% marks. I don't know which branch can i take in engineering field. I have very good interest in doing mechanical engineering. But my parents fear in safety problems as there won't be girls in mechanical engineering stream.

Related Questions:
7th August 2015, 09:50 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Mechanical Engineering field good for girls?

Yes, what you mentioned is right about that majority of girls fear that Mechanical Engineering is not suitable for girls but, it is not a right thing. I agree that Mechanical Engineering is most suitable for boys but, now a days even girls are joining with interest. If we have interest, we can easily learn anything and do anything. So, don't think that Mechanical Engineering is not suitable for girls. If you are really interested to do Mechanical Engineering, I suggest you to opt for that branch in Engineering course.
7th August 2015, 09:57 PM
mahetuty
Member+

In now a days girls are working in different kind of fiels like space, atomic plants, research in bio etc., At old age only girls are not involve in these kind of fields. But now girls are boys are equal in educational systems and also working field. So If you interest more in mechanical engineering otherwise you don't worry about your safety. Do your best in studies after getting a good job. But, i suggest you commonly Coumputer science and also IT or ECE is the best suitable for girls. But, If you interest more, Don't choose other.
7th August 2015, 11:02 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There is no such issue in case of Mechanical Engineering for female candidates. You can take this stream of engineering without any hesitation as it is one of the best streams of engineering due:

~~Availability of government and private jobs.

~~Wider higher study options.

Never select the branch of engineering in which you do not have any interest. Lots of girls take this stream, so there is nothing to worry about. Make your parents aware of this things so that they can allow you to pursue this course.
31st May 2020, 10:27 PM
Arpitdongre

Yes why not..
This branch welcome all of us without biasing in gender.
There are plenty and equal opportunity for both genders
You will get job according to your hard work,and this is not related with gender.
Good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?