2nd March 2016, 12:25 AM
Solem r shimray

Easiest way to become an Indian Army Officer?

I really wanna be an Indian army. How can i achieve my goal? What is the easiest way to become an Indian Army? How will i be able to become an army officer?

2nd March 2016, 04:56 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Easiest way to become an Indian Army Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solem r shimray View Post
I really wanna be an Indian army. How can i achieve my goal? What is the easiest way to become an Indian Army? How will i be able to become an army officer?
Indian Army can be joined even at 10+2 level through NDA Exam.

For appearing in NDA Exam, you must possess following criteria:
  • Only Unmarried Male candidates are eligible.
  • Age Limit: DOB of candidate must lie between 2 July 1997 and 1 July 2000.
  • 10+2 passed/appearing from a recognized board.

Note that, if you don't have Physics and Mathematics in 10+2, then you are allowed to apply for Army wing of NDA only.

If you have been already graduated from an institute approved by Government of India, then you can join Indian Army through CDS Exam.

But you must have secured at least 60% marks in your graduation to apply for this.

However, reserved category candidates get a relaxation of 5% in percentage.

Some of the prominent books for NDA and CDS Exam preparation are:

Pathfinder for NDA & NA Entrance Examination Conducted by UPSC (English) 7th Edition (Paperback)
Author: Experts Compilation
Publisher: Arihant
Price: Rs.550

Handbook of Mathematics - A Multipurpose Quick Revision Resource {PB} (English) (Class 11th and 12th)
Author: Arihant Experts
Publisher: Arihant Publications(I)
Price: Rs.120

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination (English) (Paperback)
Author: Tripathi, Brijesh|Author; Rawat, Satyajeet|Author; Goyal, Neetika|Author;
Released: 2012
Publisher: Arihant Publications
Price: Rs. 495

Pathfinder Cds Examination Conducted By Upsc (English) 3 Edition (Paperback)
Released: 2015
Publisher: Arihant
Price: Rs.460
2nd March 2016, 07:10 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solem r shimray View Post
There is nothing which is easy when it comes to joining in Indian army and becoming an officer in it. Joining in Indian Army is a great honor being a citizen and the procedure to join in this force is by applying for the entrance exam based on the qualification which you possess.

You haven't mentioned your qualification in order to suggest the entrance exam which you can apply for joining in as Indian Army officer. Whereas the minimum qualification which is needed for applying for joining in Indian army through entrance exam are:

# You should have a citizenship in India.

# Age limit needed is 16 1/2 - 19 1/2 years.

# Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education.

# Most of all, candidate appearing should be physically fit.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the NDA Exam (National Defence Academy) which is one of the defence service exam conducted by UPSC. If you want to know more regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd March 2016, 07:15 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# You have not mentioned about your educational qualification in the query. So it is not possible to give best advice in this regard.

# By the way, there are major three ways, by which one can join Indian Army which are:

* National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination
* Open Recruitment Rallies conducted by Indian Army from time to time
* Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination:

# Eligibility criteria for National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination:

* Educational qualification must be 10+2 in any stream
* Must above the age of 16.5 years.
* Must below the age of 19 years.
* Must be citizen of India.
* Must not be married.
* Only Males are eligible for National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination.
* Must be physically and medically fit in all respect.

# Eligibility criteria for Open Recruitment Rallies conducted by Indian Army from time to time:

* Such open recruitment rallies are conducted for following posts/positions:

= Soldier General Duty (GD)
= Soldier Clerk
= Soldier Tradesmen

* Required age limit in such open recruitment rallies:

= 17-21 years for Soldier General Duty (GD)
= 17-21 years for Soldier Clerk
= 17-23 years for Soldier Tradesmen

* Required educational qualification:

= 10+2 in any stream for Soldier General Duty (GD)
= 10+2 with 45% marks in any stream for Soldier Clerk
= 10+2 in any stream for Soldier Tradesmen

# Eligibility criteria for Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination:

* Must be Indian citizen.
* Must have the educational qualification of graduation in any discipline.
* Must be unmarried.
* Must bear the moral character.

* Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination is conducted for following branches of Indian defence forces:

= Naval Academy (NA)
= Air Force Academy (AFA)
= Indian Military Academy (IMA)
= Officer Training Academy (OTA)

* Required age limit for Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination:

= 19-22 years for Naval Academy (NA)
= 19-23 years for Air Force Academy (AFA)
= 19-24 years for Indian Military Academy (IMA)
= 19-25 years for Officer Training Academy (OTA)
2nd March 2016, 07:58 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Easiest way to become an Indian Army Officer?

In order to enter in to the Indian army there are two examinations which are available they are NDA and CDS examination,NDA is the National Defense Academy and CDS is the Combined Defense Services

NDA(National Defense Academy)

This examination is generally take after the completion of the 12th class of study with in 19 years of age limit this examination is to be take and only male candidates who are un married are eligible and Through this examination candidates can enter in to the Army and should possess 12th from a recognized institute or university or study.

CDS (Combined Defense Services)

This examination is generally take after the completion of the Degree and only male candidates are eligible to enter in to the This technical army field and can possess degree in any of the course from any of the recognized board of study

These are the two examinations which are available to enter in to the Indian army and you can take up these examinations according to your eligibility criteria and apply for it.
2nd March 2016, 08:24 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

You can apply for indian army and may have chances to become a army officer. You can apply either through NDA or CDSE.

NDA Eligibility
- You must be indian citizen.
- Only male candidates can apply.
- You must have passed (10+2) in any stream from a recognized board.
- Your age must be between 16.5 to 19 years.

CDSE Eligibility
- You must be indian citizen.
- You must have passed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Your age must be between 19 to 24 years.

Selection
- Writtten Exam
- Physical Test
- Interview

Become a Army Officer
Once you inducted in the Army as Lieutenant you can move on to the following given position with the ability and experience of your services.

Army Officer Ranks
- Lieutenant
- Caption
- Major
- Lt. Colonel
- Colonel
- Brigadier
- Major General
- Lt. General
- General (Chief of the Army Staff)
3rd March 2016, 12:00 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

To become an Army Officer you must have a minimum qualification of 12th class. After your 12th you can apply for the NDA (National Defense Academy) exam and through this exam you can take entry in Army Sector.
And if you want an officer rank in Army than you must have a qualification of graduation. After your graduation you can apply for the CDS (Combined Defense Services) exam, and through this exam you can take entry in Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air force and Officer Training officer.
Apart from this you can also apply for the UES (University Entry Scheme) to get entry in Indian Army.
You have to be first appear in written exam and than you can go for the 5 days training period. Here you will go through all types of training like Group Discussion , Group Task, Picture Perception and others. This training goes upto 5 days and after successfully completed of this training period candidate will go for the physical and medical test.
6th September 2017, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

Sir i'm an indian army( soldier gd),i want to apply an army officer course, my educational qualification is 10 2 (science) so what will be needed for my goals?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?