26th October 2014, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

Is there any chance for me to join Indian Army after 12th at the age of 19 years?

Respected sir,
my name is ashish & i am in 12 standard in non medical . So when i will pass 12 class i will be above 19 yrs of age and i want to join indian army as an officer .so i want to ask that is there any chance for me to join indian army as an officer?

31st October 2014, 11:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any chance for me to join Indian Army after 12th at the age of 19 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir,
my name is ashish & i am in 12 standard in non medical . So when i will pass 12 class i will be above 19 yrs of age and i want to join indian army as an officer .so i want to ask that is there any chance for me to join indian army as an officer?
Your age now 19 years old so you are not eligible for Indian Army through NDA exam.

NDA examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.This exam is conducted for recruitment in - Army wing,Navy wing,Air force Wing.

The minimum required qualification for NDA exam is 12th standard. If you have taken 12th subject is mathematics and Physics subject in 12th standard then you are eligible for all above wings.

The candidate age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidate. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. You must have Citizenship of India.

But after completion of graduation degree you can apply in Indian Army through CDS exam.
23rd April 2016, 11:13 PM
sah.alok932

Default Re: Is there any chance for me to join Indian Army after 12th at the age of 19 years?

There are very few options to join Indian Army at an age of 19 years.
The age limit is very low with a chance to join Indian Army

National Defence Academy,known for applying in Indian Army for class 10+2 students have age limit as-
Age Limit-16.5 years to 19.5 years,When the course of NDA is due to commence.
Now it takes one almost year for process of selection of candidates for NDA,as there are stages of selection process
1)At first Written Exam
2)Followed by Service Selection Board 5 days Interview
3)Finishes with the Medical Test.
Hence it becomes important to apply for NDA at an early age of atleast 1 year in advance to fullfill the maximum age requirement number.

NDA is the only entry for students of Intermediate level,after which Graduation is the next stage woth CDSE.
24th September 2019, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

I am Deepak. I am 18 years old. I am from NSS. Can i join army
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?