19th March 2020, 02:00 PM
Krishna Kumar .g

Educational and joining criteria for Flying Officer in Indian Air Force?

How can I join as a Flying Officer in Indian Air Force after completing 3 years of Diploma course in Computer Science Engineering? Do I need to write any entrance or do I need to do any further courses for Flying branch?

31st March 2020, 07:52 PM
stutiswet2

Default Re: Educational and joining criteria for Flying Officer in Indian Air Force?

For joining Flying branch of Indian Air Force, you can apply for anyone of the following exams:
  1. AFCAT
  2. CDSE
But for both of the above exams, you should have completed graduation in Science field. Since, you are currently undergoing Diploma in Computer Science, so right now you cannot apply for above exams.
After Diploma, you can take lateral entry admission in graduation (B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc.) and then in final year, you can apply for CDSE or AFCAT exam.
CDSE is conducted by UPSC and it will land you to Air Force Academy after qualifying Written Test and SSB.
While AFCAT is conducted by Indian Air Force itself. Here, you will have to clear Written Test followed by other relevant tests.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?