8th October 2018, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply for UGC-NET for MA(English) postgraduate with 45% marks?

Hello Sir/Madam, I have completed my MA with English Honours and scored 45% marks. I want to apply for UGC-NET. So, am I eligible for UGC-NET or not? Kindly let me know about the eligibility criteria immediately.

12th October 2018, 11:29 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for UGC-NET for MA(English) postgraduate with 45% marks?

Having completed your MA ( Master of Arts ) in English honours degree course with 45% marks, you are not eligible for appearing in UGC-NET ( National Eligibility Test ) as the minimum percentage of marks required in marks degree course for appearing in UGC-NET is 55% ( or 50% in case of SC/ST or PH category candidates ) from a recognized university.

For more detailed information regarding UGC-NET, you can refer to the link www.nta.ac.in.

13th October 2018, 06:14 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for UGC-NET for MA(English) postgraduate with 45% marks?

No, you are not eligible to apply for UGC-NET.

NET (National Eligibility Test) examination is conducted by UGC (University Grant Commission) twice every year for the post of JRF and Lectureship.

The eligibility criteria for this examination is candidate must have passed Post-Graduation with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university. Candidate age must be 21 to 28 years for JRF and no limit for Lectureship. Relaxation are available for reserved category.

For more information, you can visit their official website.

13th October 2018, 07:39 PM
Aatma Parivaar
Senior Member+

NET (National Eligibility Test) examination is conducted by UGC (University Grant Commission) twice every year for the post of JRF and Lectureship.

Eligibility Criteria for this examination is:

1. Candidate must have passed Post-Graduation with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university.

2. Candidate age must be 21 to 28 years for JRF and no limit for Lectureship.

3. Relaxation are available for reserved category.

So, you are not eligible to apply for this examination.

For more information, you can visit their official website.

13th October 2018, 08:32 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and it is held by NTA ( National Testing Agency ) on the behalf of UGC for recruitment of assistant professor and offering JRFs ( Junior Research Fellowship ) across various Central Universities.

The minimum education required for appearing in NET is a master's degree with at least 55% marks in that subject which is opted as a paper for appearing in NET. In case of SC/ST or PH category candidates, the minimum percentage of marks required in master's degree is 50%.

So, having completed your MA in English degree course with 45% marks, you are not eligible for appearing in NET.

For more detailed information regarding NET eligibility, you can visit the website www.nta.ac.in.

14th October 2018, 04:16 AM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, but you are not eligible to apply for UGC-NET with 45% aggregate in MA (English).

Eligibility to apply for UGC-NET are as follows:-
Candidate must have completed Master's degree in any discipline with minimum 55% aggregate (50% aggregate for reserved category) from a recognised university.

14th October 2018, 04:30 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

UGC NET stands for University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test. The minimum percentage of marks required in master's degree to apply for NET exam is 55% for general candidates and 50% for reserved category candidates.

You are not eligible for NET exam with 45% marks in master's degree.

15th October 2018, 07:21 PM
pushpendra-25

As per the official notification, the minimum educational qualification required for UGC NET is post graduation with 55% marks from recognized university. There is 5% marks relaxation for the reserved category candidates.
As you do not fulfill the eligibility criteria, you can not apply for the UGC NET exam.

15th October 2018, 08:31 PM
sarika1993

You are not eligible for UGC-NET with 45% only at master's level.

UGC-NET Eligibility
- You must have passed master's degree with at least 55% with relevant subject from a recognized university.
- Maximum Age Limit is 28 years for JRF and No age limit for Lecturership.

UGC-NET Exam Pattern
- Paper I : 60 questions out of 50 are to be attempted, 75 Minutes
- Paper II : 50 compulsory questions, 75 Minutes
- Paper III : 75 compulsory questions, 150 Minutes

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?