1st August 2012, 12:46 PM
heartboy

Minimum percentage percentage in B.Tech to be eligible for CDS? I want to join Indian Airforce

i m currently into my last year of b.tech branch(ece).i want to know dat is there any minimum percentage required in b.tech to be eligible for cds.i want to join indian air force....i also have obc quota..please answer i m in a great fix....

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any minimum percentage requirement for B.Tech? How to join IAF?
  2. Can I join Indian Air Force after BSc(PCM)? What is the minimum percentage required to join Air Force?
  3. Can I be eligible to join Indian AirForce or Indian navy after completing degree in electronics? What is the percentage required to join IAF?
  4. Minimum percentage required in 12th Science to join Airforce Group-X(Technical)? -- [New]
  5. How to prepare for CDS to join the Indian Air Force for B.Tech student?
  6. How can I join Indian Air Force after finishing 12th science? Percentage needed to become a Lieutenant?
  7. How to become IAF fighter pilot after completion of my B.E? I am doing 3rd semester B.E in Mechanical
  8. Minimum percentage required in B.Tech Supplementary to apply for CDS exam?
  9. What is the cutoff percentage required in CDS for B.Tech students?
  10. Minimum percentage required to join the Indian Civil Services?
  11. Minimum percentage required in Btech for Indian Engineering Service exam?
  12. How to do Pilot job after completing BSc degree(MPC)
  13. Is it necessary to appear in CDS exam for applying in SSC exam? Minimum percentage required to apply for SSC exam?
  14. Can I eligible for Air Force through CDS or AFCAT having secured 68% in B.Tech having one backlog in B.Tech 1st semester?
  15. Can I join Air Force after B.Com? How much percentage is required?
  16. Minimum percentage required in btech to do MS in US? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to join merchant navy after completing 12th? What is the basic salary? Fee structure and minimum percentage for admission?
  18. What is the minimum percentage required in B.Tech to do MS in germany? What is the percentage required?
22nd January 2013, 06:49 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Minimum percentage percentage in B.Tech to be eligible for CDS? I want to join Indian Airforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartboy View Post
i m currently into my last year of b.tech branch(ece).i want to know dat is there any minimum percentage required in b.tech to be eligible for cds.i want to join indian air force....i also have obc quota..please answer i m in a great fix....
Yes your eligible for CDS Entrance Examination in ( Airforce Academy ) after Completing B.tech course .. There is No Minimum Percentage of marks required for this Entrance Examination ..

So, Please don't worry regarding Percentage of marks ... The candidate who passed in graduation course are eligible for CDS Entrance Examination ..

CDS Stands for ( Combined Defence Service ) and this Entrance Examination is Conducted by Union Public Service Commission for every twice in a year ..

To appear in this Entrance Examination you should Complete Bachelor degree course in any discipline from recognized university ..

The Applicant who Aspiring to appear in Airforce Wing then the candidate should Complete Bachelor degree course in science stream .. and Physics and Mathematics subject is Mandatory to apply for Airforce Wing ..

So, you have Completed B.tech course, So your definitely eligible for Aiforce Wing ..

To Join in Airforce Wing than your age should be Not less than 19 years and Not more than 23 years .. and No relaxation will applicable for any category candidates .

Only Male candidates are eligible for CDS Entrance Examination ( Airforce Wing ) Female candidates are not eligible for Airforce Wing ..

You should be Physically as well as Mentally Fit according the eligibility criteria ...

So, If your satisfy all this criteria than your eligible for CDS Entrance Examination in Airforce Wing ...

All The Best !!
13th June 2013, 01:25 PM
Paliyal79

Default Re: Minimum percentage percentage in B.Tech to be eligible for CDS? I want to join Indian Airforce

Hi friend
CDS is a exam joining for the defence.it is conducted bythe UPSC There is no limit of percentage applying for the CDS. The candidate must have agraduation degree in any stream.
Age limit of this exam for Air Force wing is 19-23 years.
You can also apply for the AFCAT.
This exam is only for the Air Force wing as a flying Officer.
Here, the minimum 60% marks are required.
Age limit is for this exam is 19-25 years.
8-) ALL THE BEST8-)
13th June 2013, 01:30 PM
Paliyal79

Hi friend
CDS is a exam joining for the defence.it is conducted bythe UPSC There is no limit of percentage applying for the CDS. The candidate must have agraduation degree in any stream.
For more info go to
www.upsc.nic.in
8-) ALL THE BEST8-)
31st August 2013, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

In afct exam minimum 60% are required but in bechlor degree or in 10th or in 12th please anser
1st September 2013, 12:10 AM
umang_28
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service

ELIGIBITY for CDS:

* A candidate should have completed their graduation with atleast 50% from Recognized Universities

* Citizenship of INDIA.

Age limite:

* For Indian Military Academy : 19-24 Years
* For Air Force Academy : 19-23 Years
* For Naval Academy : 19-22 Years
* For Officers’ Training Academy :19-25 Years

Books

CDS Previous Years Papers (Solved)
by
Rph Editorial Board

CDS Exam Guide
by
Rph Editorial Board

Study Package For CDS
by
Atul Bhardwaj

Popular Master Guide Cds - 2010
by
R. Gupta's

All the best

1st September 2013, 12:22 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

CDS : Combined Defence Services Examination.

This examination is Conducted by UPSC For the Recruitment of these Academy:

>> Indian Military Academy
>> Officers Training Academy
>> Naval Academy
>> Air Force Academy

>> If you have completed your Graduate degree course with maths and Physics as a compulsory subjects or Completed your Engineering course then you are eligible for all these Academy.

But to apply for CDS Examination, you must have attained the age of 19 to 25 Years.

The Notification of CDS Examination will be Published Twice in a year.

The last date of apply for Next year CDS (I) Examination was already Over.

If you have completed your Graduation, then please wait for Next year CDS (II) Examination Notification, The Notification will be Published on 02/June/2012.

Eligible candidates may fill the CDS Application form Online, So Graduation is the Minimum Eligiblity To apply for CDS and if you need more Information then please check official website:

All the best..................
1st September 2013, 12:53 AM
PK99310

hello friend

Hi friend

For more info go to

www.upsc.nic.in

best of luck
1st September 2013, 02:27 PM
EFDRTG

Percentage is not the criteria in CDS exam. If you are appling for air force then minimum percentage is 60%. For army and navy you just have to have a degree thats all.
1st September 2013, 05:40 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year to join Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy after Graduation Degree.

There is no percentage of marks criteria required in Graduation Degree or B.Tech. to be eligible to apply for CDS.

The eligible candidate aspiring to join Indian Air Force Academy of CDS, must be an unmarried Indian Male having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or B.Tech. or pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 23 years with good Physical and Mental health.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st September 2013, 06:29 PM
KULWINDER.KK

Thumbs up Re: Minimum percentage percentage in B.Tech to be eligible for CDS? I want to join Indian Airforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartboy View Post
hey...

Yes it is gud you wants to be a great indian air officer..

You should have atleast 55% overall percentage in course but
60% i.e first division in maths and physics

its better to have 70-80% , because it increases chance...more

regards
kulwinder
1st September 2013, 10:32 PM
nishi513

HI FRIEND
## If you want to join in Indian Airforce after the completion of B.TECH,you must clear the CDS examination
## CDS(Combined Defence Services) examination is conducted by UPSC to recruit the various vacancies under Indian Military Academy,Indian Navy Academy,Indian Airforce Academy and Officers Training Academy
## And the minimum educational qualification required to apply for IAF is degree(with physics,mathematics subjects at 10+2 level) or engineering degree
## Age limit to apply for IAF is 19-23 years and the candidate must be physically & medically fit as per Defence regulations
## Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for IAF
## For further details please visit www.upsc.gov.in

** ALL THE BEST **
3rd September 2013, 03:30 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

To be very honest it is the general question of almost every candidate that what is the % required or how much marks I need to secure in order to become eligible for the examination.

Please try to secure as much as possible .Now coming to UPSC examinations ,the best thing about it is that it only requires only passing % or marks in the qualifying exam.

So do not worry ,you just need to secure passing marks in B.tech for becoming eligible for the CDS exam .

CDS stands for the Combined defense Services .This entrance exam is conducted by the UPSC twice every year.

Let us discuss the eligibility criteria :

After completing bachelor's degree in technology you will be eligible for the all the academies under the CDS as bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university is needed .

For INA ,bachelor's degree in engineering or technology is required and for the AFA ,mathematics at 10+2 along with physics is compulsory.

The age limits are :

>>IMA:19-24 years

>>INA:19-22 years

>>IAF:19-23 years

>>OTA :19-25 years.

Both the unmarried male and female candidates can apply for the exam.

You need to be physically fit .

Examination pattern:

Some of the best books for the preparation:

For any more details you can visit www.upsc.gov.in

Hope the information helps you as much as you expect .For any other assistance please do not forget to leave a message here .We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Enjoy your life and all the best for your career.

aashisranjan784
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?