7th December 2010, 11:55 AM
pandya keyurchandra

Eligibility criteria, exam pattern, cutoff details of PSU entrance exam?

hey hi ! please give all information about psu examination . eligibility , paper style , cut-off , next exam date , open criteria , and how to get perpare for it .

15th July 2011, 01:37 AM
sonam wangdi

Default Re: Eligibility criteria, exam pattern, cutoff details of PSU entrance exam?

hi friend..
the eligibility criteria for the psu exam differs for the different companies
the pattern and the syllabus fo the psu are the mixture of GATE AND IES exam..

for the HAL company..
some of the requirements..are
=you should have a degree in graduation in engineering field like ECE,EEE,CIVIL,COMPUTER SCIENCE..

for the NTPC company some of the requirements are as follows..
-students belonging to sc,st and pursuing full time degree course in engineering field can apply for it..
eve the third year students are eligible for it..

for HPCL company
for those who have full time graduate in engineering and technology field can apply for it..
age limit is 30 years..

and there are lots other company that provides these exams..
so choose the one you like and can apply for it..
all the best for it..
15th July 2011, 02:13 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria, exam pattern, cutoff details of PSU entrance exam?

eligibility criterion, examination pattern for different PSU examinations are different. but the general eligibility criterion for different PSU examinations are candidate should have graduation in engineering and minimum of throughout 60% marks. last year students are also eligible. besides graduation in engineering there are PSU examination for general B.Sc students also. the age criterion for PSU examination generally candidates should have age between 21 to 27 for general category candidates. but these criterion differ from one Public sector unit to other.

paper style also different for different PSU examination. generally PSU examination have importance on technical part mostly. few PSU examination have only technical question but few PSU examination technical questions as well as general aptitude questions and mathematics. i think if you are trying for PSU examination then you should be prepared for technical part as well as aptitude part.

cut off totally depends on the requirement and also depends on the students performance. few PSU examination does not publish the cut off marks but few examination result give details about the cut off marks.

if you want to prepare for PSU examination you must have very good technical knowledge. so study your subject carefully. try to clear all basic knowledge of your technical subject. competition in PSU examination is very high as the number of post in every PSU examination not so much. so you must be good and you have potential to compete with other.

best of luck.
15th July 2011, 03:23 PM
digvijaygarg

Different PSUs have different eligiblity criteria
Although age requirement by most of them is 21 to 27 years for general candidates
You need to have done graduation with 65% and there should not be any backlog at the time of applying
Exam pattern generally focuses on Technical part along with reasoning ability and quantitative aptitude
Cut off is decided based on the scores of all the students
15th July 2011, 05:00 PM
Sagar Keshari

the eligiblity criteria are student should be of the age twenty one to twenty seven of age. must have passed any engineering course or any graduation course. for engineering there are different exam and for students doing b.sc have different mode of paper.
15th July 2011, 05:46 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear

PSU - public service exam

criteria

* candidate pass graduation

*age 21 to 30 years
5 years relax SC/ST
3 years for OBC

* attempts:-
4 times for general students
7times for OBC
No limits for SC/ST.

syllabus

*quantitative aptitude

*Analytical reasoning

*General english

*General engg

*Technical section
15th July 2011, 07:49 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Eligibility criteria for PSU examination:

candidate should have graduation in engineering and minimum of throughout 60% marks. last year students are also eligible.
Besides graduation in engineering there are PSU examination for general B.Sc students also.
The age criterion for PSU examination generally candidates should have age between 21 to 27 for general category candidates.
But these criterion differ from one Public sector unit to other.

15th July 2011, 11:36 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

criteria for psu exam candidates should be a graduate & in your study level you should take
pcm in your subject.

age limit 18- 20 yrs.
for more details you can visit http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck.........
16th July 2011, 12:57 AM
luckykai007

Hell friend ....

The eligibility criteria for the most of the PSU are that a minimum of the 60% of the marks in the qualifying exam and that also the qualifying exam should have been passed from a recognized university or the board

The age limit is about 21 years to 30 years for the general category

The exam is held in two phase
One is written phase and the other is GD and the interview phase

so best of luck
25th July 2011, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

eligibility criteria (graduation marks percentage and aggregate marks percentage) for sc/st candidates
6th August 2011, 06:36 PM
mukesh bihare

eligibility for sc/st in public sector
18th August 2011, 01:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandya keyurchandra View Post
hey hi ! please give all information about psu examination . eligibility , paper style , cut-off , next exam date , open criteria , and how to get perpare for it .
Dear friend,

Eligibility for psu exam may change from company to company..

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PSU EXAM:

1.You must be Graduate in Mechanical/ Electronics/ Electrical/ Production/Computer Science/ Metallurgy/ Aeronautic Branches of Engineering from any recognized Institution/University.

2. Minimum cut-off % of B.Tech varies for different PSUs
for General Category:60%-70%; Reservation Category:50%-60%.

3.students in final year and last two year passouts are also eligible.

Your age should not be crossed 30 years.

There is relaxation of 5 yrs. for SC / ST, 3 yrs for OBC & 10 yrs for physically handicapped candidates.

all the best.
22nd August 2011, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

im studying Mechanical Engg and in my 2nd year. i want to crack any of the PSU and get into one. now..could you help me about the way I should start my preparation and the way I make it real. Help me please. Waiting for your answer.
23rd August 2011, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

hi,i m a b.tech final year student .i want to crack PSU exam .plz give me information abt the syllabus of this exam....
6th September 2011, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

i am having 59.98% aggregate in my b.tech, but according to the university rule my degree is of 60.83%. So,please kindly tell me if i am eligible for which PSU companies.
16th September 2011, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

can final year degree student appear for psu?
17th September 2011, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

can u tell me that , the students of the stream ECE can apply for NTPC exam?
18th September 2011, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

i have secured more than 70% in both 10th and graduation but my 12th score is 58%...am i eligible for psu..if yes then please name those companies
24th September 2011, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

i have secured 55% in 10th standard....and in 12th nd graduation level more then 60%.....am i eligible for psu............
28th September 2011, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

respected sir, i am a student of petrochemical and petroleum refinery engineering, from calcutta university.i have completed my B.Sc on chemistry.sir am i eligible for PSU exams?
29th October 2011, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir can u tell me how many psu companies for which metallurgy student can apply.
31st October 2011, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

i have 70% in 10th ,70% in i.sc and 60% in b.tech(eee). i am eligible or not for psu
31st October 2011, 10:22 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Respected sir,
criteria
*age 21 to 30 years
5 years relax SC/ST
3 years for OBC

attempts:-
7times for OBC
No limits for SC/ST.

syllabus

*quantitative aptitude

*Analytical reasoning

*General english

*General engg
OK,
31st October 2011, 10:26 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Respected sir,
criteria
*age 21 to 30 years
5 years relax SC/ST
3 years for OBC

attempts:-
7times for OBC
No limits for SC/ST.

syllabus

*quantitative aptitude

*Analytical reasoning

*General english

*General engg
OK,
6th March 2012, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

i am B.E.(mech) student i am having only 52% agregate marks till 7 sem. i am eligible for any psu exam companies
20th January 2013, 09:02 AM
Unregistered

I want to know that under which technical paper the ceramic engineering students appear in SAIL entrance exam.
19th March 2013, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

please tell me how min.no.of marks are required in gate for psu for sc catagory.email [email protected]
24th July 2013, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

My overall percentage is 64.89
Should I eligible for power grid
1st September 2013, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

I want to know the best comptative book for crack psu exam please reply hurry....
2nd September 2013, 05:59 PM
EFDRTG

The Eligibility criteria for PSUs vary from company to company.

List of companies with their Eligibility criteria for Management trainee / Engineer / Engineering Graduates / Executive Trainees.

HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited )

Eligibility:

Graduate in Mechanical/ Electronics/ Electrical/ Production/Computer Science/ Metallurgy/ Aeronautic Branches of Engineering from any recognized Institution/University. General/ OBC candidates should have secured 65% marks and SC/ST candidates should have secured a minimum of 55% Marks. in the aggregate (average of marks scored for all the Semesters/ Years) Or corresponding CGPA Ratings / Gradations in their Engineering Degree Examinations. Engineering Graduates in the Aeronautical Branch with minimum aggregate 60% marks (for General/OBC) and 50% for SC/ST would be eligible to apply. Applications should be submitted strictly ‘ONLINE’ by logging to HAL Website after recruitment notification

NTPC

Eligibility:

Students belonging to SC/ST/Physically Challenged categories (Visually Handicapped / Hearing Handicapped / Orthopaedically Handicapped ) and pursuing full time degree course in Engineering in the disciplines of Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Computer Science, Electronics / Telecommunication from a college / university institute recognized by the Govt.Of India and should be in the Third Year are eligible to apply for the exam.

HPCL Recruitment of Officer Trainees- Engineering Disciplines

Eligibility

Qualifications:

Full time Graduates in Engineering / Technology in Civil, Chemical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical and Electronics & Telecommunications Discipline from a recognised Indian University / Institute. Max Age Limit.SC/ST: 30 years (as on 16th Jan, 2009), after allowing age relaxation as per Govt. Directives. OBC: 28 years (as on 16th Jan, 2009) , after allowing age relaxation as per Govt. Directives SC/ST candidates scoring minimum 50% (in aggregate) and OBC Candidates scoring minimum 60% (in aggregate) in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply. Those candidates who will be appearing for their Final Year Examination by July, 2009 can also apply. SC/ST candidates scoring minimum 50% (in aggregate) and OBC Candidates scoring minimum 60% (in aggregate) till the last semester (as of 16th Jan’09) are eligible to apply. However, their eligibility for the selection will be subject to their obtaining minimum 60 % (For SC/ST-minimum 50 %) in aggregate in qualifying degree. Written Test/ Interview: Candidates fulfilling all of the above criteria will be eligible for appearing for Written Test (objective type consisting of two parts – General Aptitude and Academic Knowledge). The candidates will be called for the Personal Interview as per the policy of the Corporation.

Bhel (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited)

Qualification:

Full time Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline (Mechanical / Electrical / Electrical & Electronics) from a recognized Institute, with minimum 60% marks in aggregate. Age: Upper Age Limit (as on 01.01.2010): 30 years

PSU’s Entrance Exam Question Paper mainly consists of two major sections:

Technical Section: Subject specialization of related stream
Non-Technical Section: General Awareness, Current Affairs, English Language, Reasoning & Aptitude.
Hence to crack PSU competitive exam, candidate should prepare for both technical and non-technical sections, where 50% to 70% questions are from technical and remaining questions from non-technical sections.
17th October 2013, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

Is there only 4 tries in psu or 4 try in each company....ans..fast..
17th January 2014, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

sir i have scored 47 % in 10 class but more than 70 % throughout b.tech....am i eligible??
26th April 2014, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

hi....my branch IN...is there separate recruitment for my branch or it is combined with ECE??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?