5th October 2012, 06:41 PM

Eligibility criteria and qualification for the post of lecturer in universities?

What's the eligibility criteria and qualifications for the post of lecture in universities????

Related Questions:
  1. What's the eligibility criteria for the post of lecturer in engineering colleges?
  2. What do I have to do after passing NET exam in economics subject
  3. Am I eligible for lecturer post if I have done Post graduation through correspondence mode? -- [New]
  4. Is B.Ed necessary for Lectureship in Kerala?
  5. What's the eligibility criteria for the post of lecturer in Government Polytechnic college? What's the applying procedure?
  6. What is the eligibility to become a lecturer in government polytechnic college?
  7. Required Eligibility criteria to apply for the position of Lecturer in a Government College?
  8. How to get selected after giving the NET exam?
  9. Am i eligible for CTET exam? I have secured 60%
  10. Can I get a good job opportunity in physical education like Lectureship? How to appear for NET?
  11. Does I have to secured 7.5 CGPA in B.Tech to appear in GRE? Eligibility criteria of GRE?
  12. Job opportunities are available in private or government colleges?
  13. What's qualification required for the lecturer post in degree colleges?
  14. Eligibility for post of Lecturer in government polytechnic college? Procedure to apply?
  15. Eligibility for Lecturer Post in any Government Recognized University? Is PHD necessary? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college? Procedure to apply?
  17. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college and Procedure to apply?
  18. What's the eligibility criteria and qualifications for the post of degree lecturer? I'm in M.Sc(bio technology) final year
5th April 2013, 08:57 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria and qualification for the post of lecturer in universities?

hi.

You need to have following qualifications to apply for the post of lecturer.
i) You need to have a post graduate degree in the desired field.
ii) You must pass the UGC NET eaminations. The eligibility for appearing for NET exam is that you need to have a minimum 55% for Gen/OBC and 50%for SC/ST candidate in post graduate.
iii) There is no aeg bound for lecturer post.
iv) you need to have a PhD qualification to become lecturer in any university.

All the best.................
5th April 2013, 10:45 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria and qualification for the post of lecturer in universities?

If you want to become a lecturer in colleges than you need to posses the below minimum qualifications:

Post Graduate Degree in the subject you want to teach

AND

UGC NET qualification in that subject

Or

PHD

If you posses the above qualifications than you can teach in degree colleges

But if you want to teach in engineering colleg than you should have the below qualifications:

BE/BTECH
and
ME/Mtech
7th April 2013, 10:54 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
What's the eligibility criteria and qualifications for the post of lecture in universities????

If you want join as a full time lecturer in any govt or central govt college then you must have NET/SET score .If you have completed PHD degree then also you are applicable for lectureship post .

As entry level your designation is Assistant professor .

If you can join as a part time or contractual post , then the maximum qualification required is masters degree .

The educational qualification required for private engineering college in M-Tech degree. MCA or M.SC degree holder candidate can not applicable for lectureship in Private engineering college as per AICTE rule .

So if you have degree by above mentioned then you can directly apply to the university when they released notification .

8th April 2013, 10:44 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Barbie,

For joining the universities as a Lecturer, you will have to appear for NET/SET examination.

NET examination is conducted by UGC(University Grants Commission) every year for the posts of JRF(Junior Research Fellowship) and Lectureship.

The eligibility criteria required for the Lectureship are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of post-graduation with 55% marks from any accredited university.

* 50% marks required for SC/ST contenders.

* Age limit:- No age bar for Lectureship.

* Nationality:- Indian.
9th April 2013, 09:17 AM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

To take the position of Lectureship, opponents will have to crack National Eligibility Test, that is organized by University Grants Commission every year for two times in June and December months.

The educational qualifications regarding with Lectureship(NET) exam are below mentioned:-

# Opponents must have finished their master degree in any curriculum from any approved institution.

# 55% marks and 50% marks needed for Open and OBC opponents and SC/ST opponents in master degree.

The age criteria regarding with Lectureship(NET) exam is below mentioned:-

# There is no age criteria needed for this position.

* Citizenship:- Opponents must be Indian.

Thanks.
9th April 2013, 09:17 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Its nice to hear that you want to become a lecturer in the universities.

The National Eligibility Test is conducted every year two times by the University Grants Commission [UGC].

Through this exam, the candidates can join the following posts :

a) Lecturer

b) Junior Research Fellowship Program

The University Grants Commission has set some eligibility criteria for candidates who want to appear in the NET.

These Eligibility Criteria are :

* The candidate must have completed post graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

* The candidate must have a minimum of 55% marks in post graduation.

* There is age limit only for the post of JRF in the NET Exam so you need not to worry about the age limit for the post of lecturer in the NET Exam.

* The candidate must be an Indian Citizen.

* Candidates in the final year of Post graduation are also eligible.

The NET Exam is conducted as per the below mentioned pattern :

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
19th April 2013, 09:42 PM
aklk224

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility criteria and qualification for the post of lecturer in universities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi barbiemadona,

If you want to get lecture Post in Universities you Must have Post Graduation Degree with 55% marks from any accredited university

Good Knowledge in Subject
Good Communication Skills

All the Best
7th December 2013, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

it is necessary or not that graduation and post graduation subject wiil be same
9th December 2013, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

BE degree holder can be eligible for NET exam or not?
18th January 2014, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

if i have submitted phd thesis and have not qualified net then also will be i eligible for the post of assistant professor?
13th February 2014, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

Is marks obtained in B.A. is also considered for lecturership? I Got 49.4% in B.A. If I score more than 55% in MA and clears the NET, can I become lecturer? Please reply.
14th February 2014, 10:49 AM
SATYAVATHI KOTTURU
Member+

to join as lecturer in any college
1.You should have your post graduation degree.
2.you should attempt NET exam conducted by Central government or SET conducted by AP government to be eligible.
3.After getting the rank in any one of the exams above you can apply for the jobs in any college............ALL THE BEST
24th February 2014, 10:56 PM
dhirendra_2005

Sir, I scored 49.43% in B.A. Is marks scored in B.A. also considered for lecturership? If I score more than 55% in MA and clears the NET, can I become lecturer? Please reply.

Thanking you...
19th March 2014, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Please tell me the pattern of net exam.In june 2014 NET will be on objective or narrative pattern.

Dr M K Pandey Banaras U P
1st April 2014, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

sir,I scored 49.33 in B.A and 54.88 in M.A,I an Sc cast student, can I apply for lecturer? Please reply....
Jadav Devendra Gujarat
31st July 2015, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

If I have 51% for MA and have qualified SET can i teach in Engg college as humanities lecturer.I am an OBC candidate. I possess BEd and M Phil
4th September 2016, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

It is necessary or not that graduation and post graduation subject wiil be same for lecturer in economics in any universities
19th September 2017, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

I completed my Bachelor degree in computer science, now which course i want to study to become a lecturer shall i do my second degree in correspondence
19th September 2017, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

I completed bachelor degree in computer science, now what degree i want to study to be lecturer shall i do my second degree in correspondence please reply me fast
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?