30th July 2015, 06:59 PM
neevan M

Eligibility to do MS in Abroad after B.Tech?

Well actually i am in third year mechanical student i want to study ms in abroad after completion of b.tech so tell me the eligibility.

30th July 2015, 07:56 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to do MS in Abroad after B.Tech?

You have to apply following exam to get admission in abroad for doing MS course.

GRE exam stands for Graduate Record exam

TOEFL exam stands for Test of English Foreign Language

There is no specific eligibility criteria for GRE exam.

There is no age limit for GRE exam.

TOEFL exam is conducted to check you English.

Therefore start preparation from now to crack these exam.
30th July 2015, 08:30 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by neevan M View Post
Well actually i am in third year mechanical student i want to study ms in abroad after completion of b.tech so tell me the eligibility.
After completion of Mechanical Engineering you are eligible for M.S course in abroad but you must have valid GRE and TOEFL exam.

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination.

There are no specific eligibility criteria for GRE Test. This examination open for all candidates who are willing to pursue for higher degree in abroad.

TOEFL stands for Test Of English as a Foreign Language.

There is no any eligibility criteria.
30th July 2015, 11:13 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

ELIGIBILITY FOR MS IN Abroad:

Anybody can go for higher studies (masters and doctoral) in Abroad. These are called as graduate programs according to foreign system.

16 years of Previous Education:

Firstly, for mostly all universities, you need to have 16 years of previous education to be eligible for a graduate program in USA (MS in Abroad and PhD)

So qualification of 10+2+ four year degree program; 10+3 year diploma + 3 year degree; 10+2+ 3 year degree (Indian B.Sc)+ 2 year masters (M.Sc) are valid and eligible for US universities.You should have valid test scores when you apply for MS programs.

TEST Required :

1. GRE (Graduate Record Exam)

You can give GRE any time; the scores are valid for next five years from that day.

2. English Proficiency Tests

Our first language isn't English, so most universities expect you to provide your English proficiency by standard tests like TOEFL, IELTS.. You will need your valid test scores to be sent to universities.

There is no minimum score for GRE, however universities will have their own minimum English proficiency requirements. For most universities the minimum TOEFL score is 79 or IELTS 6.5 band. Higher ranking universities would need TOEFL 100+.
TOEFL or IELTS any one test can be taken. .They will consider several things of your educational background to consider you in their program like:

The GRE, TOEFL/IELTS scores

Class performance (your CGPA)

Reputation of your college

Number and quality of projects you did

Your publications and researches

Letter of Recommendations

Rank of Professors and their research activities

Work experience

Extra-curricular activities

your research matches with that if university
31st July 2015, 11:45 AM
john215

Re: Eligibility to do MS in Abroad after B.Tech?

There will be no problem with your MS studies
If you had completed your B.Tech , you can apply anytime for MS through GRE or IELTMS
GRE score is also valid for 5 years so if you apply now also you can join after 5 years
So take care of your health first and prepare well for GRE studies
GRE actually carried of Quantitative Analysis Verbal Ability
You must score more than 300+/340 for standard institutes

And after That in TOEFL 6+/10 is necessary
There is no minimum marks and 10th marks criteria for exam but this effects while selecting or applying for colleges
They decide you are eligible to to take seat in their college or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?