18th August 2010, 11:39 PM
B.Sarath Chandra

Eligibility for DRDO, ISRO or NTPC exams with less than 60% in B.Tech?

Am quite interested in working with

DRDO, ISRO,or NTPC

am a btech graduate from ECE...department.....
but the problem is that i have got a percentage of 59% in my btech

in M-Tech i got a percentage of 85.............

am i eligible for writing these entrance exams.....

19th August 2010, 02:28 PM
omprakash nagar

Default Re: Eligibility for DRDO, ISRO or NTPC exams with less than 60% in B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Sarath Chandra View Post

DRDO, ISRO,or NTPC

sorry you are not able to give exam of these govt. organised companies because they wants 60% above marks in b.tech.

19th August 2010, 02:55 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for DRDO, ISRO or NTPC exams with less than 60% in B.Tech?

if you are an general then you are not eligible to write these exams,but if you are from backward class then you have some chance beacuse they give an exemption of around 5% for students from backward class

19th August 2010, 06:11 PM
swati123

Sorry friend! Despite your excellent result in M.Tech., you are not elgible to seek employment with any of these premier Indian organisations. While DRDO requires a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate at the Bachelor Degree level in Engineering, ISRO and NTPC require an aggregate minimum of 65%.

19th August 2010, 08:06 PM
jomson varghese

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility for DRDO, ISRO or NTPC exams with less than 60% in B.Tech?

Quote:

DRDO, ISRO,or NTPC

dear friend,
Eligibility criteria of all above companies are min 60%. it is difficult one.but there is a chance for write the exam because of your M tech %.whatever happens you just apply for the entrance exam.however DRDO,ISRO ,NTPC selectors take the final decision.Dont worry about that because 80% chance for written the exam.be cool...........May God bless you
Good luck
wish you all

19th August 2010, 09:37 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear frend,
there is no elegibility criteria for DRDO,ISRO,NTPC exams........so plz dont wory about that..........just start preparing for these exams........
WISH You All The Best!!!!!!!!!

19th August 2010, 10:17 PM
iris

Dear friend,

Though your M.tech results are way better than your B.tech results but those results

can not help you to be eligible for DRDO, NTPC, ISRO examinations. Because they all

want marks above 60% or 65% in B.tech level. so you have try for other competitive

examination.

Best of luck!

19th August 2010, 10:30 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

sorry to say, you are not eligiable DRDO, ISRO or NTPC exams with less than 60% in B.Tech.

as all of above exam minimum 65% marks require to attain the exam.

all the best.........

20th August 2010, 07:06 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

the minimum eligibility for DRDO, ISRO, NTPC. is 60% marks in b.tech.

as your marks in b.tech. is less than 60% so you are not eligible.

but you can apply on the basis for m.tech. for jobs intended foe m.tech. students.

best of luck.

21st August 2010, 09:23 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

hello friend
you are sorry to say but you are not elligible for ntpc and isro because if you enter the isro entrance exam and get secore 70% marks in b.tech so you can apply for isro other wise no chance for you.
more detalis:
www.isro.gov.in

28th August 2010, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,i am in B.E 1st sem in electronics & telecommunication.i am very much interested in doing research on space and universe.can i apply for ISRO or DRDO exams?

29th August 2010, 01:44 AM
subhash5687
Banned

Quote:

DRDO, ISRO,or NTPC

you might be applicable you can search on their official website ddear
best of luck

29th August 2010, 10:25 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Friend
Sorry to say that ,you re not eligible for the any exam that you have mentioned in your question...

At least 60% is must for sitting in the written exam of these companies....

But do not get dishearten ,you can have the hope in another companies such as small companies of software that will help you to get the job after that when you get the job experience then you can apply for any of the good company..

All the best.....

14th September 2010, 01:46 AM
Unregistered

is there any jobs for mtech (cse) for freshers

15th September 2010, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

I am from m.e department i want to be in drdo

24th September 2010, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

sir i am b.tech in cse with 8.5 cgpa from bput university,orissa but there is a 6 year gap beteween 10 2 and b.tech program with 45% mark in 10 2 carrier due to various problem like monetary problem .can i elligible for isro,kindly tell me details about this.

nitish,
bbsr

15th October 2010, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

is msc computer science students eligible for drdo,ntpc, isro exams

15th October 2010, 11:43 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

dear sorry to say that the DRDO, ISRO,or NTPC
all are top power sector companies and they require minimum 60-65% in the b.tech so you are eligible for them try for others log on to the
www.fresherworld.com

15th October 2010, 11:58 PM
aotiwari

Absolutely agreed you have performed extremely well in your Mtech but the eligibility criteria they will understand only (above 60 in btech).
There are some news in employment paper from such organisation regarding recruitment.
Please check it out time to time. or talk to the recruitment team of the organisation directly
They will surely help you.

16th October 2010, 12:33 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

no you are not eligible. the eligibility criterion for ISRO, DRDO and NTPC is you have to get minimum of 60% throughout the career. as you have not 60% marks throughout so you can not get the chance to enter there.

16th October 2010, 12:50 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Eligibility for DRDO, ISRO or NTPC exams with less than 60% in B.Tech?

Quote:

DRDO, ISRO,or NTPC

dear friend,

in those orginization they all needed B.Tech and M.Tech through out 60%.

so probably you are ineligible.

good luck.

16th October 2010, 03:03 AM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Going by your B.TECH percentage,its not possible for you to apply in these organisations,as per most of the previous criterias i have come across for them.
But sometimes there are vacancies as one i saw in NTPC for experienced candidates,the educational qualification was just degree from a recognised engineering college.But for that you have to gain good relevant experience and one better thing is your marks in MTECH is outstanding.So may be in future you can get some chance to apply in these companies.

16th October 2010, 10:18 AM
poplu13
Senior Member+

sorry Friend !

in most PSU,Govt sectors(state and Central) all the require is minimum 60 % marks as their minimum qualification and you dont have that qualification...so yuo will not be eligible to give such exams..but need not worry there various other companies which do not ask for 60 % marks...so you need not be disheartend...you are doing good in M..tech...so research line or Professor line has a good opportunity for you..

good luck !

16th October 2010, 03:11 PM
arpit awasthi

what to do to join isro or nasa after 10+2.
please tell me sir

16th October 2010, 05:38 PM
mohit brh

Dear friend,
for getting job in private sector or public sector you will have to score minimum 60% but if you do not have this marks than sorry you are not eligible for any PSU.

thanku

6th November 2010, 11:01 PM
ayushpyara

Default Re: Eligibility for DRDO, ISRO or NTPC exams with more than 60% in B.Tech?

actually i am having more than 60% in my be but i have two year backs in b.e and one year gap after my 12th !!!!can i apply for exams like drdo and isro???is there any other psu's jobs for my type of criteria ???

15th November 2010, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

What's the maximum age limit for DRDO entrance exam?

16th November 2010, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

any relaxation for sc student in drdo.

26th January 2011, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

am a b.tech graduate from ECE department and i got 59.5% and am a sc candidate will i get job in NTPC,ISRO,DRDO

28th January 2011, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

sir,is there any chance for those students who are doing b.e from c.s.e branch

2nd February 2011, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

good morning sir i have 45%in B.tech ihave Sc reservation i eligibilefor drdo,isro,ntpc

11th February 2011, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

relaxation in elegibility is a case of past.
now good jobs has stop considering that part ( relaxed by 5% for SC/ST/OBC).
HARD TRUTH IS
You must have atleast 65 % in b.tech otherwise you are waste according to these PSU's

11th February 2011, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

HARD TRUTH IS
You must have atleast 65 % in b.tech otherwise you are waste according to these PSU's

11th February 2011, 12:32 AM
manojshukla

HARD TRUTH IS

18th February 2011, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 64.14 marks in my B.tech with specialization electrical and electronics. can i apply for examination in NTPC

24th February 2011, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

my be agg 56% can i eligible for ntpc& i belong to the sc category

26th February 2011, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a sc student with an agrigate of 62% am i applicable o all psu and also ell me the chances of getting job in those and scale details of those psu .thank u sir

13th April 2011, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

SIR
as i hv done AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGG.(MECH) AND B.SC(MATHS) and i am keen interesated to work with DRDO n ISRO so kindly tell me if i am eligible to join. kindly revert me back as sooon as possible. waiting for ur positive reply.
thanking u
your's sincerely
Anuradha

1st May 2011, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

sir
i am doing b.tech 3rd year ece , which entrance exams are eligible for 3rd year students?
just how to know exam pattern....

8th May 2011, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

ranbir
sir i m eligible to give DRDO, NTPC, ISRO entrance exam i got 55% in 10th,57% in 12 and 60% in b tech computer science engineering.

12th May 2011, 01:12 AM
Unregistered

Can i take admission into NIT rourkela B.tech course. Through OdisaJEE Rank Card.

15th May 2011, 11:23 PM
ashishshekhar

Hi dear,
Though your M.tech results are way better than your B.tech results but those results

can not help you to be eligible for DRDO, NTPC, ISRO examinations. Because they all

want marks above 60% or 65% in B.tech level. so you have try for other competitive

examination.

Thanks

19th June 2011, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

am a BE graduate from ECE...department.....
but the problem is that i have got a percentage of 62% in my BE

5th July 2011, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,I want to prepare for DRDO exam very seriously,so please tell me the books i need to prepare.......?Are those boooks available in the market?

29th July 2011, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddusajj View Post
if you are an general then you are not eligible to write these exams,but if you are from backward class then you have some chance beacuse they give an exemption of around 5% for students from backward class
OBC Criteria is also 60%
sc/st ang Phc 55%

30th August 2011, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

how can engineering students can be prepared DRDO.NPTC exams..

31st August 2011, 12:09 AM
cool.cristae

Hi dear,

examination.

Thanks

31st August 2011, 02:48 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You want to get a job in any of those above mention organisation..
But my friend to apply for any of those above mentioned organisations , one must have 60% aggregate through out the career..

As you don't have 60% aggregate in your graduation then you are not eligible to apply for any of those organisations..
it will be better for you to try for those companies which has no such criteria..
All the best..

2nd September 2011, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

can a agri.engineer apply for isro

24th September 2011, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

is M.tech needed for DRDO???
I am a b.e in ece with 77 percentage as aggregate.....
can i know to which tests m eligeble??????

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?