11th September 2015, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility for IITJAM 2016 for M.Sc in Physics?

I completed my graduation In 2012 of ugc recognized university in physics as a honours subject.My overall percentage marks 64-/-.Am I eligible for iit jam 2016 for admission in m.sc of physics? Please give me answer .I dont know there have any age limit.

11th September 2015, 01:51 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for IITJAM 2016 for M.Sc in Physics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my graduation In 2012 of ugc recognized university in physics as a honours subject.My overall percentage marks 64-/-.Am I eligible for iit jam 2016 for admission in m.sc of physics? Please give me answer .I dont know there have any age limit.
You have completed B.Sc in Physics from a recognized university so you are eligible for IIT JAM 2016 exam.

That's because the minimum educational qualification required for IIT JAM 2016 exam is graduation degree. IIT JAM exam doesn't require any kind of percentage marks in graduation degree.

Your age should be above 17 years.
11th September 2015, 02:50 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IIT JAM is conducted for admission into M.Sc courses in IISC or different Indian Institute of Technology. It is the entrance examination for admission in master's degree in different disciplines like:

>>Physics.

>>Chemistry.

>>Mathematics.

>>Geology.

>>Biotechnology and computer applications.

For IISC Bangalore, for general and OBC category, first class in bachelor's degree is required to apply for the JAM. For SC/ST category it is only 50% aggregate or second class.

For Indian Institute of Technology, aggregate of 55% marks in bachelor's degree is required to apply for the exam.

So, you are eligible for the IIT JAM 2016 after having overall percentage of 64% in bachelor's degree in Physics.
11th September 2015, 08:13 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for IITJAM 2016 for M.Sc in Physics:-

The candidate should have passed Bachelor's degree with Physics as a subject for at least two years/ four semesters and Mathematics for at least one year/ two semesters.

The candidate should have secured at least 55% aggregate marks without rounding off for General/OBC (NCL) Category candidates and at least 50% aggregate marks without rounding off for SC/ST and PwD Category candidates in the qualifying degree .
11th September 2015, 08:41 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

IIT JAM is conducted by the IIT. This exam gives you opportunity to pursue master's degree in science from IIT or IISC.

For M.Sc in Physics from IIT, you need to clear the written test for the M.Sc. Only those candidates whose percentage of marks in bachelor's degree is equal to 55 % or more than it then you can apply for the IIT JAM exam.

With 64% marks in bachelor's degree, you are eligible to apply for the IIT JAM.
11th September 2015, 11:46 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

IIT JAM is the Joint Admission Test.It is conducted for admission in M.sc and Ph.D course in IITs and IISc.No Age Limit Restriction.
You have completed under-graduate course with Physics subject.So , You are eligible to apply for JAM as per eligibility criteria.

Eligibility
You must have passed B.sc with Maths & Physics subjects with atleast 55% from recognized university.
- No Age Limit

Important Dates
- Starting Online Application : 02/09/2015
- Last Date of Application : 14/10/2015
- Admit-Cards Downloads From : 31/12/2015
- JAM Exam : 07/02/2016
- Result Date : 23/03/2016

Paper Pattern
Paper comprises three sections.
- Total Marks : 100
- Total Questions : 60
- Section A : 30 Questions carrying 1 mark & 2 mark
- Section B : 10 Questions ( Carrying 2 Marks)
- Section C : 20 Questions
- Nagative marking system 1/3 for 1 mark questions and 2/3 Nagative marking system for 2 mark questions

Exam Fees
General/OBC : Rs.1500/-
SC/ST : Rs.750/-
13th September 2015, 08:48 PM
JSD.

Indian institutes of technology it self conduct the IIT -JAM entrance test.Basically this test is conducted for the admission in the professional master degree and philosophy courses. You can get the admission in MSc Ph.D course after clearing this exam in IITs.

It is must to have a bachelor degree in any stream to be eligible for this exam.If you score more then 60% marks in aggregate then it will be much better for you in this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?