28th July 2015, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility for KCET 2016 as an OCI card holder?

I have studied over 12 years in a Karnataka CBSE affiliated school. As of August 2015 I will be 17 years of age. I was born in America and have USA citizenship and an OCI card.
Will I be eligible to write the KCET in the year 2016? Will I have to write COMEDK instead? Both parents have also lived in Karnataka for 12 years but they both have American citizenship as well. They are also OCI card holders.
Also my mother tongue in Kannada, however I have not learnt it as a language in school. Will I have to write the KEA?

28th July 2015, 08:21 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for KCET 2016 as an OCI card holder?

Eligibility for KCET exam:

Distance or open university certificate are not eligible for KCET exam.

The candidate must be living of Karnataka state or having a mother tongue as Kanada or seven year academic background in institute of Karnataka.

The candidate must be age of 17 years.

You are not eligible for KCET exam.
28th July 2015, 10:11 AM
john215

Re: Eligibility for KCET 2016 as an OCI card holder?

KCET stands "Karnataka Common Entrance Test" 2016 will be conduct as a state level entrance exam for admission of Karnataka and wards Jammu and Kashmir migrants candidates to various UG courses on government seats offered by a many government , aided and private institutions in Karnataka.

The KCET 2016 will offer the government share of seats in Medical, Dental , Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani, Engineering, Technology, Architecture, B.Sc( Agriculture) and more

Eligibility :----------

Candidates got their qualifying certificate from any open school or University or not eligible to KCET 2016
The candidates must be living of Karnataka State or having a mother tongue as Kannada or having seven years academic background in institutions located in Karnataka
The candidates must be of age 17 years as on or before 31st December 2016
23rd January 2016, 11:19 AM
shiroptimist

As per KEA rules, You are not eligible for appearing for CET 2016. CET is applicable only for Indian Citizens + other criteria (such as Domicile of Karnatka)
25th January 2016, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
My daughter is a Norwegian Citizen and has a PIO card. She is now doing her 12th standard in Tamil Nadu . She has studied for more than 8 years in Karnataka . I request you to kindly let me know if she is eligible for KCET 2016 for Medical entrance Exam.
Thank you
Joan
12th March 2016, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is UScitizen and has OCI card. Studied from LKG to 12 th standard in Karnataka. Parents are Indian citizens and staying in Bangalore. Is my daughter is eligible for KCET exam 2017. Kindly let me know
9th May 2017, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

Can an OCI student who studies from UKG to 12th in Karnataka CBSE school.Is he or she eligible to write and claim an engineering seat thruough KCET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?