26th February 2018, 09:38 AM
sppra

Eligibility for medical courses in Gujarat under state quota?

I cleared my 10th from ISCE board, Abu, Rajasthan and 12th Science B-group and NEET from Gujarat board. Can I apply for medical courses from Gujarat state quota which is 85% or I have to go for all India medical quota which is 15%?

Related Questions:
  1. State quota benefits for admission through GUJCET?
  2. Can a student of Gujrat board appear in MH CET? Any state quota or management quota in MH CET? eligibility? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Eligibility criteria for admission in MBBS course in Gujarat?
  4. Quota in medical seats in Gujarat for state board and CBSE students?
  5. Admission in general quota within Gujarat or in private medical college of Gujarat?
  6. Am I eligible to get domicile if born and studied till 12th at Gujarat and Medical from Karnataka?
  7. Whether a candidate is required to submit Domicile certificate for GUJCET if completed 10th from outside Gujarat?
  8. Is there any special quota for Gujarat State Board candidate in JEE Main and Advanced?
  9. Percentage quota of CBSE appeared student from Gujarat in state engineering colleges through GUJCET?
  10. How much would it cost for admission in BHMS at Baroda Homeopathic College, Vadodara through management quota?
  11. What's the eligibility criteria for defence wards posted in the state of Gujarat?
  12. Reservation quota for CBSE students in Gujarat government engineering college?
  13. Is there NEET admiision under state quota?
  14. Details on Biotechnology & Medical courses in Gujarat?
  15. How much minimum is required in GUJCET to apply for admission?
  16. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat
  17. What is the quota of admission in engineering colleges in Gujarat?
  18. Whether 13 lakhs donation for BHMS at Baroda homeopathic college right?
28th February 2018, 06:20 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for medical courses in Gujarat under state quota?

Only candidates who have domicile of Gujarat are eligible for 85% quota of seats in State medical colleges of Gujarat. If you have domicile certificate of Gujarat then you can apply for state medical colleges.

Candidates from other state are under 15% All India quota in state medical colleges of different state.
28th February 2018, 09:15 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

NEET scorecard is necessary for admission in MBBS and BDS course. The eligibility criteria for NEET exam:

Academic qualification: 12th passed or appearing for board examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

Minimum of 50% marks in board examination is required.

Only students who have domicile of Gujarat are eligible for 85% seats under state quota and rest are under all India quota.
28th February 2018, 11:12 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

It does not matter from where you have done senior secondary board. In order to claim admission under 85% seats in medical colleges of any state, you need to have domicile certificate of that state. It clearly means that you can get admission if you are from Gujarat under 85% quota seats.

The rest 15% are under All India quota under which candidates from different state can get admission in MBBS and BDS course depending upon NEET scorecard.
28th February 2018, 11:49 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to get admission for pursuing Medical course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from a Government recognised board. You have to appear in GUJCET examination which is conducted by Gujarat State entrance examinations board for offering admission in Medical courses. By qualifying the entrance examination, you have to participate in the counselling process according to your examination rank, so, that you will be allotted a seat in a particular college for pursuing Medical course in Gujarat.
28th February 2018, 05:08 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility for medical courses in Gujarat under state quota:

Only those candidates who have qualified NEET exam and belong to state of Gujarat and have domicile certificate can get admission under 85% state quota seats.

Candidates from other state have to apply for All India 15% quota seats.
7th February 2019, 03:12 AM
Unregistered

How many last minimum years to be read in Gujarat to get domicile certificate of Gujarat state quota ( 85%) in NEET exam ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?