26th July 2018, 01:51 PM

Eligibility to study BDes for 12th Arts student?

Hi friends, I am interested to study BDes course after completing my 12th with Arts stream. I just want to know about my eligibility to study this BDes course. Please let me know about the eligibility criteria asap.

28th July 2018, 05:48 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BDes for 12th Arts student?

To be eligible for Bachelor of Designing course, you should have completed 10+2 from any recognized Board.

You must have secured at least 50% marks in 10+2 to be eligible for pursuing this course.

There will be an entrance exam that will be conducted for admission to this course.

As you are pursuing Bachelor of Design course, so you may choose one of the following specializations.
  • Multimedia Design
  • Jewellery & Metalsmithing
  • Graphic Design
  • Industrial Design
  • Knitwear Design
  • Fashion Design
  • Interior Design
  • Textile Design
  • Ceramic Design
  • Accessory Design
  • Game Design
  • Leather Design
28th July 2018, 11:33 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

B.Des refers to Bachelor of Designing and as the name suggests it is an undergraduate degree course of four years with a career scope in designing industry.

The minimum education required for pursuing the same degree course is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board. Although, some institutes do ask for a minimum of 45-50% marks in their higher secondary school degree for admission in the same degree course.

For pursuing the same degree course from top designing colleges, you need to appear and qualify entrance examinations mentioned below :-

1. National Institute of Design (NID) Examination.

2. AIEED (All India Entrance Examination for Design).

3. CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design).

4. National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Examination.
29th July 2018, 01:00 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> B.Des. Interior Design or Bachelor of Design in Interior Design is an undergraduate Fashion and Interior Designing course.

=> The duration of this course is four years.

=> For this course candidate should have passed 12th class in any stream from a recognized university.

=> As per my knowledge, you are eligible to get admission in this course after completing 12th with Arts.
29th July 2018, 08:58 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym B.Des stands for Bachelor of Design.

Arts stream candidates can apply for National Institute of Fashion Technology entrance examination.

Arts, science or commerce stream candidates are eligible NIFT entrance examination. You must be minimum of 17 years to apply for NIFT entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?