30th December 2014, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study B.Com for 12th Arts student?

Hello
Can I do B.com after 12th Arts?
I am in 12th Arts....but i have completed 10th
ICSE with commerce could you please tell me
can i do B.com now?
waiting for your response

31st December 2014, 02:04 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study B.Com for 12th Arts student?

Yes, you can surely do B.COM after 12th from any stream.

Eligibility:

1. Candidate should have passed 12th from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% from any stream.

Note: The eligibility criteria mentioned above is the minimum criteria, it may vary in different Institutes.

And as you are from Arts stream, you should look for as many colleges as possible for admission.

As most of the top colleges do not prefer Arts student for B.Com course.
31st December 2014, 11:29 AM
Rahul9596

You can study B.Com Bachelor of Commerce after completion of 12th class in Arts stream. B.Com can be studied after 12th class in arts stream, and some other courses such as Bachelor of Computer Applications, Bachelor of Commerce, Banking Management, CA (Chartered Accountant), CS (Company Secretary), CWA courses. The duration of Bachelor of Commerce is 03 years, and B.Com can be pursued after 10+2 educational qualification.

If you are still interested then you may even do further studies of CA to enhance growth of career. With Bachelor of Commerce, you can get knowledge in core areas of Social sciences, Humanities, Science and Technology, Computers, several concepts. Some of the best commerce colleges in India are, St. Xavier’s College, Madras Christian College (CMC), Ramjas college, Shri Ram College of Commerce, LSR Lady Shriram College for Women, Loyola college, Shri Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics. And so you can choose one of the above mentioned colleges after completion of 12th class in Arts Stream.
31st December 2014, 02:55 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue B.Com course after completion of 12th standard with Commerce stream. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent in Commerce stream or those who have completed their 12th standard with Economics or Mathematics as one of the subjects from a recognised board are eligible to pursue B.Com course. Even if you have completed 10th ICSE with Commerce, you must have to study 12th standard with Commerce or Mathematics or Economics as one of the subjects of your 12th standard. Since, you have completed your 12th standard with Arts stream, you are not eligible to pursue B.Com course.
25th May 2016, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

i had completed my 12 with arts stream with economics and maths subject as main subject but now i want to do b com so im eligible to do it or not ?
12th June 2016, 07:31 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Yes, you can eligible for B.com course, any stream candidates who have passed their 10+2 from a recognized board of education can apply for B.Com course. Eligibility criteria may vary from one college to other and some may only take commerce students for B.Com course. But there are many colleges which give admission to any stream students.

Just take care that you have scored 50% marks or above in 10+2. Some may even ask for 60% marks for B.Com Honours. Usually in top commerce colleges, the admission is based on the marks you have obtained in 10+2. Hence, if you have excellent marks in 10+2, then you will have greater chance of getting admission in top college.
17th June 2023, 08:36 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Typically, students who have completed the 12th grade in the Arts stream are eligible to pursue a Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) degree. However, eligibility criteria can vary depending on the specific college, university, or educational institution you are applying to. It's important to check the admission requirements of the particular institutions you are interested in.

In most cases, the basic eligibility criteria for pursuing a B.Com degree after 12th Arts include:

Educational Qualification: Successful completion of 10+2 (12th grade) from a recognized educational board.

Stream Requirement: Generally, students from any stream (Arts, Commerce, or Science) are eligible for admission to B.Com. Some colleges may require you to have studied certain subjects like Mathematics or Economics in your 12th grade, while others may not have such specific subject requirements.

Minimum Marks: Colleges and universities may have minimum percentage or grade requirements for admission to B.Com. The cutoff marks may vary depending on the institution and the competition for admission.

Entrance Exams: Some colleges or universities may conduct entrance exams for admission to their B.Com programs. These exams assess your aptitude, general knowledge, and proficiency in subjects like Mathematics, English, and Accounting. It's important to check if the institutions you are considering have such entrance exams and prepare accordingly.
18th June 2023, 08:54 PM
Ar_pit

Yes, an arts student can take admission to B.com.

The eligibility criteria is as follows-

You must pass have completed class 12th examination from a authorized educational board.

You should have Maths and English as main subjects.

You must have passed class 10th and 12th with minimum score of 50% marks
30th June 2023, 11:48 PM
A Erenbeni Ovung
Banned

Yes, 12th arts students are generally eligible to pursue a Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) degree. B.Com is a popular undergraduate program in commerce and business-related subjects. However, specific eligibility criteria may vary from university to university or country to country. It is advisable to check with the universities or colleges you are interested in for their specific admission requirements.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?