8th March 2018, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study Computer Application in Graduation for 12th Arts student?

Hello, I am from Arts background. I will give my 12th WBCHSE Board exam with Arts stream this year. I want to study Computer Application in Graduation. I would like to know that as I am an Arts student then I have a chance for study Computer Application in Bachelor’s degree?

15th April 2018, 04:53 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Computer Application in Graduation for 12th Arts student?

No, you are not eligible to study Graduation in Computer Applications after completion of your 12th standard with Arts stream. To be eligible to pursue Graduation in Computer Applications, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Non-Medical Science stream from a Government recognised board. Admissions in this course are done through merit basis of 12th standard board examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university.
15th April 2018, 11:36 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Computer Application in Graduation for 12th Arts student?

Sorry, to say that you are not eligible to pursue graduation in Computer Applications course after completion of your 12th standard with Arts stream. To be eligible to pursue Computer Applications course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Science stream or Mathematics subject from a Government recognised board. So, being a 12th standard Arts stream student, you are not eligible to study Computer Applications course.
16th April 2018, 11:50 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot study Bachelors degree course in Computer Application after the completion of class 12th with Arts stream as you have not studied Mathematics in class 12th.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th examination from a recognized Board with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for BCA course.
Candidates must have studied Mathematics as a subject in class 12th.
17th April 2018, 07:09 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is a high possibility to pursue Computer Application in Graduation for 12th Arts candidates. Computer Application in Graduation course basically would be "Bachelor of Computer Application" (BCA) course. The basic educational qualification required is as follows,

>> Candidates must have completed their 12th Class in 10+2 pattern from a recognized university.

>> Yes, you can pursue on the basis of 12th with Arts stream from a recognized board.

>> You are required to appear in BCA Entrance Examination's that are conducted by concerned colleges/ universities for getting admission into this course.

>> Hence, you are certainly eligible to pursue Bachelor's in Computer Application course and I suggest you to prepare well for BCA Entrance Examinations as the selection is basically done on the basis of the merit marks.
19th April 2018, 08:11 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Since you are interested to pursue your bachelor degree in Computer Application i.e; BCA degree course for which the minimum education required is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a recognized board.

So, being a student of Class 12th in Arts stream you are certainly eligible for BCA degree course once you complete your higher secondary school degree with 50% marks. Further, few colleges do ask for Mathematics as a main subjects at Class 12th level education for admission in their colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?