17th September 2018, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study MA(English Literature) in IGNOU for 38 years old BCom graduate?

Hi friends, I am 38 years of age and a BCom graduate. Now, I am interested to do MA course in English Literature from IGNOU. I would like to know about my eligibility study this MA from IGNOU. Kindly let me know immediately.

30th September 2018, 09:42 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study MA(English Literature) in IGNOU for 38 years old BCom graduate?

The minimum academic qualification required to apply for Master of Arts in English Literature is bachelor's degree in any stream with English as one of the compulsory paper. There is no upper age limit for pursuing this course.

Indira Gandhi National Open University is a UGC and DEC recognized university. July admissions in MA course is over. You can apply for course at age of 38 years.
30th September 2018, 11:48 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to study MA(English Literature) in IGNOU for 38 years old BCom graduate?

There is no upper age limit defined in Indira Gandhi National Open University to pursue Master of Arts course.

Candidate who has done bachelor's degree in commerce at age of 38 years can apply for Master of Arts in Literature if and only if he has studied English during bachelor's degree.
30th September 2018, 05:29 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

The eligibility criteria for Master of Arts course in English Literature:

~~Bachelor's degree in any stream. There is one important criteria that candidate must have studied English in graduation.

~~No upper age limit for MA course from IGNOU.

You are eligible if you satisfy above criteria for examination.
30th September 2018, 11:00 PM
shivangi354

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility to study MA(English Literature) in IGNOU for 38 years old BCom graduate?

Yes you can and its great to know that at such age you are pursuing your passion.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?