25th September 2010, 09:55 PM
expressraje

Engineering Branches which have high salaries?

Sir, i want to become an engineer. I'm interesting in civil, structural, mechanical engineering. But i want salary about 50,000 after B.E.
Any other fields are there which gives more salary at starting? Excepting related with biology. And how is automobile and electrical-telecommunication engineering ? And what about salary?

26th September 2010, 08:23 AM
ausse

Default Re: Engineering Branches which have high salaries?

it depends upon the college in which you want to get the admission,i prefer you to apply for the IIT or AIEEE exam.it also depends on the company you want to work with.PSU companies have an initial pay scale varying from 14000-50000 plus additional features for fresh B.Tech graduates.but for that you have to qualify their exams.these days students are preffering to qualify IIT or AIEEE in order to avail benefit of the campus selections going in almost all AIEEE or IIT reffered cooleges
26th September 2010, 12:06 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi,
your salary depends upon from which college you are graduating,
for instance people from iits get initial salary of 1 lakh per month,
but for an civil engineer its highly impossible to get 50000 thousand as starting salary if you want to work in India,
after two years of experience you can surely get that salary,
generally people from petrochemical and chemical engineering get very high salary.
all the best
26th September 2010, 11:08 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Engineering Branches which have high salaries?

dear friend,
I would like to inform you that the package of any companies doesn't depend upon branch but it depend upon in which college you are studying.

If you will be the student of any prestigious college like IITs,NITs then surely you will get the more package than other college students.

So, kindly for your bright future take well preparation of IIT-JEE & AIEEE & after securing a good rank in these exam you can take admission in good colleges & by performing good in these college you will be selected by many companies with good packages.

good luck.
9th October 2010, 11:47 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Its strange that you are choosing the branch on the basis of the salary. Mind you that this will surely creat a disaster for you in future

You should NEVER chose a branch on the basis of salary or present salaries reports.

Its a simple funda, if you do your job well you get paid well if not then you will be ignored and you wont earn much

So chose the one which interest you. According to me you should go for civil or mechanical as these are your interests and definately you can earn crores in these fields depending on your talent and hardwork
10th October 2010, 12:47 AM
sachinsharma
Member+

Hi,
the salary was based on your college where from u complete ur btech .namely iit,aieee students get good jobs n higher packages 1 lakh to 1.50 per month.in aieee their are many college but the higher package is in nit colleges n ddu university,nirma college.
Best of luck.
10th October 2010, 01:17 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

dear i want to tell you that every branch has high salary if your institute is good and also your marks obtained in all the semesters are good then you can be placed in any good company which will give high salary more then your expectation
hard work is must for good salary not the branch.all the best
10th October 2010, 08:22 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Salary should not be the only criteria for selecting course to study. You should also have interest in that field. As over a period of time if you do not find the task interesting you will loose the passion to work. Also to get a good salary you should possess the talent for it. The top colleges in like IIT provide good training. If you aiming high in life make sure that you secure admission in one of the top colleges in the country. Also make sure its is in the area of your interest. Work hard towards achieving your goal.
10th October 2010, 11:42 AM
ravi6

dear,

There are all engineering branches provide good salary, it depends upon the knowledge,comm. skill of the employee.

The top or good engineering college is also responsible for good salary.

SO, if you have interest in civil,structural and mechanical engineering then acc. to me you choose structural or mechanical engineering.

They provide you good salary in companies.

REGARDS
ravi6
10th October 2010, 12:36 PM
Nucleusdev

In engineering these branches having highest salary and package
1.nanotechnology
2.petroleum
3.aeronautical
10th October 2010, 01:57 PM
Nucleusdev

Petroleumtech having high package and salary in comparison all branches.its new but best.
10th October 2010, 04:05 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by expressraje View Post
Sir, i want to become an engineer. I'm interesting in civil, structural, mechanical engineering. But i want salary about 50,000 after B.E.
Any other fields are there which gives more salary at starting? Excepting related with biology. And how is automobile and electrical-telecommunication engineering ? And what about salary?
dear friend,
to get high salaried job either you will have to get admission in topmost colleges of india like iit or nit or you will have to pass your degree with a good percentage. since you want to know about the branch which have more salaried job, then i must tell you that aeronautical engineering is the most demanded branch now a days. aeronautical engineers get salary packages above 1 lakh. other branches like mechanical, electrical, chemical, electronics and communication are also good. and automobile engineering is not so good in india because in india there are very few automobile companies. but in foreign it is having great scope.
10th October 2010, 06:29 PM
Sanjiv sharma

I think instead of going for good package you should opt for that branch in which you are most interested. To me civil branch has a lot of scope as today civil engineering works have engulfed whole of India.After doing B.E. u can join any company so as to gain experience so that after 2 to 3 yrs of experience u could join a good company which can give u a high package
10th October 2010, 09:17 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

Job opportunities for civil engineers is very good.

and civil Engineering Branch, which have high salaries in the future.

as you know core engg market are always stay in stable situation.

core engg field are not effected in the time of recession period.

core engg holders like civil engg, they can have good chance in govt sectors as well as in private sectors.

they can join in the given below govt sector

1.rail.

2.PWC.

3.NTPC.

4.DVC.

5.ONGC.

6.BHEL.

etc.

all the best..........
10th October 2010, 11:11 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

choosing of engineering branch should not depend on the salary. yea obviously salary is important. but first you should give your preference to your interest.

yes automobile engineer have a very good salary. even for a civil engineer salary is very high.

but i will clear one think if you become a good engineer then only you can think for a good salary from any branch otherwise it will be very difficult to get job with a minimum salary.
13th October 2010, 12:07 AM
mseetharamster

Salary depends on the engineering college you are studying not on the branch you take.IITians get good average salary,later it depends on the rating of the college in the country.

And salary of branches if you do in any college,varies in the long run.Chemical Engineers get highest payscale than any other engineers.
14th October 2010, 12:57 AM
expart

Job opportunities for mechanical engineers is very good.

as you know core engg market are always stay in stable situation.

core engg field are not effected in the time of recession period.

core engg holders like mechanical engg, they can have good chance in govt sectors as

well as in private sectors.

they can join in the given below govt sector

1.rail.

2.ISRO.

3.NTPC.

4.DVC.

5.ONGC.

6.BHEL.

7.barc.

8.DRDO.

etc.

all the best..........
14th October 2010, 01:49 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Engineering Branches which have high salaries?

Quote:
dear friend,

do not choose your stream on the basis of salary.if you are strong in subject then your salary and growth increse rapidly.in present scenerio software is paying more at starting than core engineering but problem is that you might not get any job satisfaction there.

at starting no companies will pay more than 50000 salary.but after 2 years you can get that if you have the real quality.
good luck.
14th October 2010, 12:36 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Engineering in itself is such a field which in itself is a high salary field.
But since you want to make choice in it also so these are the some option
Aeronautical
petroleum
marine
Automobile,
Plastics engineering
etc.
In aeronautics the salry is starting only from 50,000 in initial stages.
Suppose if you are an AME in airline your starting pay will be 50,000 or more
14th October 2010, 02:21 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello,
It will be better if you opt the branch that interests you rather than choosing it on the basis of salaries.Intially you ve to gain experience then gradually you will reach your desired level.But first choose the branch work hard try to get yield good results in your engg. degree,then automatically you will find your path.Of course there are exceptional case for IITIANS or NITS graduates.They get handsome perks from the start,but don't forget that too come through years of sheer hard work.So,work harder,my friend.
14th October 2010, 05:52 PM
Sachin Narayan

hi,
Its strange that ur running behind money. Man u should believe on ur skills and ur likes i.e what u want to be, what's ur field of interest. Always think of gaining not for earning. Rest each branch is equally competent
thank u
18th October 2010, 12:31 AM
vik111

Thumbs up Re: Engineering Branches which have high salaries?

Dear,

all engineering branches are same. There is no any difference between them.
your package depend on in which college you are doing B.tech.

Placement of all branches differ in each college so don't take tension just try to admission in good college.

all the best
21st October 2010, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

average salary by an civil engineer in apeamcet
31st October 2010, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

tips to qualify aieee.plz inspire me
1st November 2010, 12:02 AM
babydoll

Hi!
All branches are good in the engineering but the best branch for making good salaries are computer science and IT as because this has no limit of work. you can achieve more and more as you can.
1st November 2010, 01:52 PM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

hello friend

all branches of engineering are exceptional but branches like civil,mechalical,electrical this are called evergreen branch.they are not affected by any recession.
after completing your BE from any branch no company will provide you salary of 50,000 pm
for fresher the average salary is 35,000-40,000 pm.
after 2-3 year your salary might increase depending on your performance.

best of luck
1st November 2010, 04:33 PM
nehachopra1301

dear friend
Its not that your branch really matters..............Excellence is the need of the hour.............If you excel in your trade you will definitely get what u desire..........what general trend is to opt for IT,CSE,EE.......these days where as CHE,BE are not appreciated...........but each branch has its own scope.............nd future...............
all the best for life...........
1st November 2010, 06:39 PM
sandy.thedemon

HEllo
there are 3 must haves to get good salary from engineering
1.College and University: you must have done your cenginnering from a good reputed college and university like IIT, NIT, NIRMA, ANNA uni, etc
2. your branch: in todays scenario chemical, civil, petrolium, and nanotechnology pays more than any other branch pays you.
3. your GPA: you must have more than 7 GPA in your enginnering without Backlogs (if possible)
IF you have these than you wil surely have more than 1 lack pm.
Good LUCK.
2nd November 2010, 08:43 PM
Gaurav.jain88

Almost every Branch provide good salary.
But it depands on the institution from where you complete your engineer institutions like IITs, NITs, BITs, IIITs, IT-BHU etc.
You should carry good acedemic record throughout the education. So you will be eligible to be a part of MNC after engineering.
And dont worry if you not selected in above institution in other colleges company organizes campus from where you can join. As you get experiance your salary will enhance.

So good luck......................
8th November 2010, 08:36 PM
avinash kr.
Banned

electronics branch is best and in which you get a good job of high salary but not get 50,000 it is more . so i advise you to do mba after b.tech . thanking you.. best of luck....
25th December 2010, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

what are the scopes for electronics msc graduates???
27th December 2010, 02:14 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Engineering Branches which have high salaries?

Hello dear,
your salary package is not depend upon the branch.
your salary package depend on:-
your innovative mind,
your tecnical skill ,
on your current knowledge ,
your softskill,
your command over english ,
on your logic

not on your engineering branch.
you can join any branch in every branch there is lots of money only thing is that keep above mentioned quality in yourself then package will run behind you ........

I ASSURE YOU

GOOD LUCK..
30th December 2010, 06:11 PM
Sk.Subhani

Quote:

Dear friend never choose a branch based on salary. You should choose a such a branch in which you can excel and can perform well.

Salary should not be a primary criteria because, if you are extraordinary then every company wants to hire you with a good salary package.

Just think of yourself which branch best suits your interest and tailors your goals.

Right now at this stage you should not think of salary. Just get into the field of engineering where you can enjoy the work whether it may be civil, automobile, structural, mechanical or electrical.

All the Best!
10th January 2011, 09:38 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Engineering Branches which have high salaries?

Quote:
Dear friend,
It is dependend on company to company,all stream are good for proffessional prospective...
CSE,IT and ECE has a very good market demand and job scope where as Civil,Mechanical,automobile those are very valueable core engineering stream...
24th February 2011, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

pls tell the starting salary ranges of all engineers
28th March 2011, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

why iitian choose civil engineering as there subject now a day
28th March 2011, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

why iitian choose civil engineering as there subject now a day
29th March 2011, 01:16 AM
amlendu
Senior Member++

Hi,
Its strange that you are choosing the branch on the basis of the salary. Mind you that this will surely creat a disaster for you in future

You should NEVER chose a branch on the basis of salary or present salaries reports.

Its a simple funda, if you do your job well you get paid well if not then you will be ignored and you wont earn much

So chose the one which interest you. According to me you should go for civil or mechanical as these are your interests and definately you can earn crores in these fields depending on your talent and hardwork
Thank
9th April 2011, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

what is the salary of mechanical, electrical, chemical engineer
11th May 2011, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

in psu which is highest paid
15th May 2011, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

what will be my aieee 2011 rank with 145 mark
17th May 2011, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

which has more salary is it E&C or software engineers in india
21st May 2011, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

Whicl field better between civil & mechinical?
22nd May 2011, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

mechanical or civil....which has more salary...in future????
25th May 2011, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

mechanical
27th May 2011, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

what are the average packages after doing civil engineering in iit
30th May 2011, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

In rpet which branches can give higher salary about 50000 per month after b.tech
31st May 2011, 06:28 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

DO not run after salaries,

it is really a bad target you have set for yourself.

this way you are going to get yourself in trouble by

studying a wrong branch. it is possible that you may fail in clearing your course.

also remember you have to spend your life doing you work and hence it must be related

to your interest so that you can do well and prosper in your career.

still let me tell you salaries depend to a large extent on the

college you study from, like from IIT's or ISM or BHU you get higher salaries

also NIT's.... try choosing a branch you like.
31st May 2011, 08:21 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
Hii,
It doen not depend on the salary its depend on the knowledge and your job where you got job all fields are equal if you a knowledge then you got good job and good salary..

ankur
4th June 2011, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

i am a electrical and electronics engineering student....after my completion of course how i get a job?whice salary i will get?or if i am doing any other aditional courses?then which type of aditinal course i wll study?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?