24th June 2018, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

Entrance exams available to study BSc(Optometry) for 12th Science student?

Dear Sir/Madam, I am interested to study BSc in Optometry course. Right now, I am studying in 12th standard with Science stream. I would like to know about the entrance exams through which I can secure admission in this Graduation course. Please tell me immediately.

25th June 2018, 05:35 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exams available to study BSc(Optometry) for 12th Science student?

The entrance test usually covers questions on physics, chemistry, biology and general health. The candidate has to score above the cutoff marks insisted by the college to get admission.

Entrance exams:

KGMU BSc Optometry Entrance Exam

AIIMS BSc Optometry Entrance Exam

JIPMER
25th June 2018, 10:20 PM
xJhinukx

Default Re: Entrance exams available to study BSc(Optometry) for 12th Science student?

For studying Bsc in optometry, Minimum Qualification Required is 10th and 12th completed from a recognized educational Board.
About admission procedure, counseling will be done after qualification of a relevant entrance examination. Various colleges and institutes offer a B.Sc. optometry, such as -
AIIMS , Delhi
Presidency college, Mumbai
St xaviers college in Kolkata and Mumbai
Christ university, Bangalore
Hindu college, Delhi
All these institutes arrange entrance exams before admission, which is conducted either by the concerned institution or at the state or national level. A cut-off score is set for the examination and students clearing that are eligible for the counseling process. Each different institute has a different entrance exam and a different cutoff.
25th June 2018, 11:08 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

B.Sc. Optometry or Bachelor of Science in Optometry or Ophthalmic Optics is an undergraduate Optometric course. The duration of this course is three years.

In order to get admission in this course candidate should have passed 12th class in science stream from a recognized board. Some reputed colleges and institutes also conduct entrance examination to get admission to their B. Sc. (Optometry) degree course.

MAJOR ENTRANCE EXAM: AIIMS, JNU, DU, CMC, etc.

COURSE FEE: INR 2 to 6 Lacs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?