11th April 2018, 02:05 AM
Vikash Kumar 150v

Entrance exams available to study BTech in any Government college for Diploma Civil Engineer?

Sir, I have done my Diploma in Civil Engineering.Now I want to take admission in BTech course from any Government college. So what entrance exams are there for getting admission?

Related Questions:
15th April 2018, 12:32 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exams available to study BTech in any Government college for Diploma Civil Engineer?

To get admission in government colleges you have to appear for LEET ( Lateral Entry Entrance Test ).

Candidates after qualifying for LEET examination will become eligible to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course.

Entrance examination is conducted by state government universities such as Punjab University, APJ Tecnical University, Bihar Education Board.

You are not eligible to get admission in NIT, IIT etc in 2nd year of B.Tech course through Lateral entry.
15th April 2018, 03:23 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exams available to study BTech in any Government college for Diploma Civil Engineer?

The entrance exams available for Diploma candidates are:

1. Joint Entrance Examination for admission in Bachelor of Technology in IITs.

2. Lateral Entry Entrance Test for state level engineering colleges.

LEET will allow you to get admission directly in second year of engineering. You should have minimum of 60% marks in diploma.

You can apply for LPU NEST also.
16th April 2018, 10:38 AM
sha2nk90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikash Kumar 150v View Post
Sir, I have done my Diploma in Civil Engineering.Now I want to take admission in BTech course from any Government college. So what entrance exams are there for getting admission?
Every state conducts a Common Engineering Entrance Examination for granting admission to the various Government and private colleges across the state. The same examination is conducted for the diploma holders as well, But they are given admission direct to the second year of the chosen branch. You should have the diploma certificate with at least 50% marks (General category) to be eligible for appearing into the test.

As you have not given information about your state, so I am unable to tell you about the website and colleges available for the course in your state. All you need to do is to search for your state's technical university and you can easily find all the related information about the course from theie website. If you want me to provide you all the details then please come again with the information of your place of residence.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?