14th April 2018, 03:29 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to apply in Mathematics Olympiad for 8th student?

Hello, I want to apply in Mathematics Olympiad. I am studying in 8th standard. Can I know the process for applying in Mathematics Olympiad? Please let me know as soon as possible.

16th April 2018, 11:33 AM
sha2nk90

Default Re: Procedure to apply in Mathematics Olympiad for 8th student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I want to apply in Mathematics Olympiad. I am studying in 8th standard. Can I know the process for applying in Mathematics Olympiad? Please let me know as soon as possible.
The Mathematics Olympiad is conducted by SOF (Scienece Olympiad Foundation) from class 1 to class 12. All related information and Prospectus for the same is being sent to schools registered under SOF. If you are interested then please ask your school authority whether they are registered to SOF or not. As a individual you can not appear in the test, so your school need to be registered with SOF.

If your school is not registered with SOF, they may request for prospectus by sending an e-mail at [email protected]/or by phone call. There should be at least 10 students in your school interested to take the test then SOF shall send the prospectus to the school. And then you may appear for the test.

If your school is already registered then you just need to wait, once SOF notify for the test, your school administration will let you know about the same.

For class 3-12, this test is conducted in two level. Qualifiers of 1st level move ahead for the 2nd level. There are total 35 questions (Objective type) in both the level separately. There are following 4 section in the test :

1. Logical Reasoning
2. Mathematical Reasoning
3. Everyday Mathematics
4. Achievers Section

Each section contains different number of questions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?