12th April 2018, 04:53 AM
Unregistered

Qualification required to study PhD(English)? Fee expenses of this course?

Hello Sir, I am studying M.A. in English course. I am interested to do PhD program. So, I would like to know which qualification is required for studying PhD course in English? And please let me know about the fee expenses of this course. Thank you!

Related Questions:
14th April 2018, 08:01 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualification required to study PhD(English)? Fee expenses of this course?

The basic requirement is masters degree or an equivalent degree in the relevant discipline. The cutoff percentage is very from Institute institute and some of the reputed institutes also conduct entrance exams such as NET, SLET. Some of the college is required at least to research publications for the phd programs. Bachelor of Education 2 year degree course is not compulsory pursue PhD program but yes M.Phil in English is advisable to you.
15th April 2018, 11:18 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualification required to study PhD(English)? Fee expenses of this course?

=> Ph.D. or D.Phil. English or Doctor of Philosophy in English is Doctorate degree English course.

=> The duration of this course is three years.

=> For this course candidate must have passed Master degree with at least 60% from a recognized university.

=> Also the admission of candidate will be done on the basis of entrance examination like National Eligibility Test’ (NET).

FEE STRUCTURE

=> Indian / SAARC Nationals = 60000
(Rs. Per Annum)

=> NRI Fee = $2,000
(Rs. Per Annum)

=> Foreign Nationals = $2,000
($ per Annum)
16th April 2018, 11:29 AM
sha2nk90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I am studying M.A. in English course. I am interested to do PhD program. So, I would like to know which qualification is required for studying PhD course in English? And please let me know about the fee expenses of this course. Thank you!
P.hd (Doctor Of Philosophy) In English is a course which after completion provides various jobs In English and it's related fields. This course is subjective in nature and involves a deep research work. In this course you need to study the literatures of writers from various countries. The course duration is 2 years to 5 years. (A Experienced candidate sometimes completes the P.hd degree in 2 years.)

Eligibility Criteria:
>> You need to have a Master's degree to pusure the P.hd program. Since you have a M.A. Degree, you are eligible for the course.

>> The admission is offered a month prior to start of the first semester of the course. An interview is taken generally for the course but sometime it is done after you qualify the written test.

>> Some Prestigious college grants you admission if you qualify the NET (National Eligibility Test) for lectureship conducted by UGC (University Grants Commission).

Syllabus covered:
There are 4 Written papers. Each paper has it's practical papers.
Paper 1
Research Methodology

Paper 2
English Language and Literature

Paper 3
Translation and Books

Paper 4
Dissertation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?