10th June 2013, 02:15 PM
ambati.sravani

Which entrance should be preferred by B.Tech student?

which entrance should be prefered by a b.tech student
this is sravani persuing b.tech of 3rd year with percentage of 70
i was little bit confused that
wat to prefer as an entrance xam for my future

18th August 2013, 11:09 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.
Default Re: Which entrance should be preferred by B.Tech student?

Dear aspirants,
Since you are doing engineering bachelor degree it is better to continue in engineering field i.e.,master programmes in engineering,so that you may get more knowlege in one field that leads to get more opportunities.So I am suggesting you to write GATE to enter into MTech programme.
But engineering students can go in other fields also.So you have chances to write MBA,MSCE,MCA.Also you can write the exams like IES,CIVILS,GROUPS,BANK exams for jobs.
19th August 2013, 09:18 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After B.Tech. Degree, one can take up entrance examinations like CDS/IES/Civil Service Exam/GATE etc. according to his/her choice and interest.

If one is interested for higher studies like M.Tech., he/she should apply and appear for GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) conducted by IIT and Indian Institute of Science for admission to M.Tech. courses in IITs, NITs etc.

If interested for Defence Services, he/she should apply and appear for CDS(Combined Defence Service) conducted by UPSC - The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years.

If interested for Govt. job, he/she should apply and appear for IES(Indian Engineering Service) conducted by UPSC every year - The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed B.Tech. Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

If interested to become IAS/IPS/IFS/IRS etc., he/she should apply and appear for Civil Service Exam conducted every year by UPSC - The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

After B.Tech. you can also appear for Bank P.O exam generally conducted by SBI and IBPS.
19th August 2013, 01:04 PM
hunter kick

70% is a real good total ...you have a great potential
here are some featured entrance exams for b.tech student, but i still suggest to go through counseling:
1. if you a army interested candidate you can go for CDS in final year.
2. still want to carry on higher studies you can give GATE entrance exam.
3. you can give IES exams to become a reputed engineer of the country.
4. interest in civil services then you can give IAS, PCS AND MANY
FOR MORE DETAILS AND UPDATES ON THESE EXAMS YOU CAN GO FOR http://upsc.gov.in
19th August 2013, 04:17 PM
kunal kumar 444

Arrow Re: Which entrance should be preferred by B.Tech student?

HELLO FRIENDS....
you are doing engineering bachelor degree it is better to continue in engineering field..
After B.Tech. Degree, one can take up entrance examinations like CDS/IES/Civil Service Exam/GATE etc. according to his/her choice and interest.

But engineering students can go in other fields also.So you have chances to write MBA,MSCE,MCA.Also you can write the exams like IES,CIVILS,GROUPS,BANK exams for jobs.

If interested for Defence Services, he/she should apply and appear for CDS(Combined Defence Service) conducted by UPSC - The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years.

If interested for Govt. job, he/she should apply and appear for IES(Indian Engineering Service) conducted by UPSC every year - The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed B.Tech. Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

After B.Tech. you can also appear for Bank P.O exam generally conducted by SBI and IBPS.

19th August 2013, 06:47 PM
mwr

You are 3rd year engineering student so you have many path infront of you.

If you wanted to do higher studies then write GATE exam which is conducted by the IITs & Indian Institute of Science for admission to
M.tech in various IITs,NITs & government universities across INDIA. You can also go for MBA.For doing MBA you have to sit for entrance exam like CAT,MAT etc.

#If you wanted to go for job then write IES,CDS,IPS,IAS,PSU exam.

#After b.tech you can also give IBPS,Banking P.O to join banking sector.

Best of luck..
19th August 2013, 06:48 PM
mwr

You are 3rd year engineering student so you have many path infront of you.

If you wanted to do higher studies then write GATE exam which is conducted by the IITs & Indian Institute of Science for admission to
M.tech in various IITs,NITs & government universities across INDIA. You can also go for MBA.For doing MBA you have to sit for entrance exam like CAT,MAT etc.

#If you wanted to go for job then write IES,CDS,IPS,IAS,PSU exam.

#After b.tech you can also give IBPS,Banking P.O to join banking sector.

Best of luck..
19th August 2013, 07:00 PM
swamy55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambati.sravani View Post
EAMCET is best entrance test for b.tech
19th August 2013, 07:02 PM
swamy55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambati.sravani View Post
EAMCET is the best entrance test for b.tech.
19th August 2013, 09:08 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

This a general confusion among engineering students that which path they should choose for their career and due to which they try themselves in different exams but could not get success and feels frustrated.

To be very honest,you must fix a goal for your career from the very first year of engineering and then labour according to your career goal.

There are lots of entrance examinations at bachelor's degree level in technology but you cannot aim to give them all .All the entrance exams are equally preferable .It totally depends upon you which exam is according to your career goal and aimbition of your life.

Here are possible exams for you :

1.Graduate aptitude test in engineering:

>>Candidates who are interested in working in PSUs like NTPC,BEHL,SAIL,GAIL,ONGC,IOCL etc give this exam or for pursuing master 's degree in technology from IIT.

2.UPSC entrance exams:

>>Civil services exams

>>Indian Forest services

>>Indian Engineering services

>>Combined defense services

>>Central Police armed forces

3.Banking exams

>>IBPS common written exam

>>SBI entrance exam

4.Staff selection commission common graduate level exams

5.Railways entrance exams conducted by the RRB

6.DMRC entrance exam and many more.

Note: Sorry friend ,you must select the entrance exam depending upon your strength and career goal ,I cannot suggest you which is the preferable .From my point of view ,all are best .

Hope the information helps you.If you have any more query you can leave your message here.

All the best.

aashisranjan784
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?