11th March 2011, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

Expected salary after studying from IIMs?

If we get seat in iims how much salary we can espect from the companies

11th March 2011, 01:06 PM
Yogeshdayal

Default Re: Expected salary after studying from IIMs?

The expected salary of the IIMs are above 10 lakhs per month and 1 Crore per annum.

Rs. 1.6 Crores per annum that means Rs. 13 lakhs per month. This is a record salary that is offered to an IIM-C (Kolkata) student.

A Global investment bank from East Asia came forward to pay this huge amount as salary. Campus recruitment has started in the IIMs.
11th March 2011, 02:07 PM
sachin2places

Hello.........It depends not on the company but on your performance.Anyway ,below you can find some useful facts-
+In 2009, IIM Calcutta students, students received job offers from $ 86,785 per year in the average international package. Rs12.7 lakh was the highest pay package offered by a national company.
+In 2009 the national average wage offered to the students of IIMK was INR 10.61 lakhs. The highest wage offered was INR 24 lakhs. The highest salary was offered by international USD 120,000.
+The average wage offered in the nation is Rs 20.16 lakh. For international work, students have received jobs at an average wage of USD 122,000 at IIMA
ALL THE BEST
11th March 2011, 02:08 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Dear,

Approx Rs. 35,000 /- to Rs. 45,000 /- per month at starting.

Good Luck
11th March 2011, 03:43 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

you should not think about the salary before taking admission to any courses. you should take admission according to your interest. also salary is unpredictable. salary will depend on the market condition at that time when you will passed out.

till according to recent market condition i can say you after MBA from IIM you will get a minimum of Rs.700000/- per annum to Rs.1000000/- per annum as a freshers.

the upper limit of salary is totally unpredictable. it may become Rs.1 crore Per annum according to your performance.
11th March 2011, 03:54 PM
krupadesai

IIM students bags the heftiest salary packages. They are best paid among all the management courses in India.

The minimum salary package as per the previous years record is Rs. 6,00,000/- per annum while since last few years maximum salary offered was Rs. 1.44 crores/- per annum. So, the upper limit may deviate further depending on your performance.
11th March 2011, 04:01 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Expected salary after studying from IIMs?

Dear friend IIM is a very good institution in INDIA and its student worked also outside from INDIA .you can got salary very high amount its totally depend on your knowledge if your knowledge is good then you can get till 10000000per annum you got because this is a very good institution in INDIA.
11th March 2011, 04:25 PM
mayank shekhar singh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't think about salary first a fall you take admission in IIM than it will depend on which course you have taken admission .
you should try your best and i am confident that you will get your best salary .
GOOD LUCK
11th March 2011, 05:34 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

There is no fixed salary... it depends on individual ability.
There are many students who get package of 40-50 lakh whereas some get only 10-15 lakh.
11th March 2011, 06:54 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (Salary Average)

The average salary offered within the nation is Rs 20.16 lakh. For the international jobs,
students have received jobs in an average salary of USD 122,000.

Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (Salary Average)

the students received job offers of $86,785 per annum in the average international package. Rs12.7 lakh was the highest pay package offered by a domestic company.

Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode (Salary Average)

the average domestic salary offered to the students of IIMK was INR 10.61 Lakhs. The highest salary offered was INR 24 Lakhs. The highest international salary offered was USD 120,000.

to take admission to these college you have to give CAT exam
23rd March 2011, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

is there any 10th/12th criteria in other iims except iim-a??
5th April 2011, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

what is the criteria for admission in any of the iims
14th April 2011, 03:25 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

you should not think about the salary before taking admission to any courses. you should take admission according to your interest. also salary is unpredictable. salary will depend on the market condition at that time when you will passed out.
till according to recent market condition i can say you after MBA from IIM you will get a minimum of Rs.700000/- per annum to Rs.1000000/- per annum as a freshers.
the upper limit of salary is totally unpredictable. it may become Rs.1 crore Per annum according to your performance.
17th April 2011, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

what are the chances of a successful career after iim?
16th May 2011, 02:15 AM
Unregistered

I am an American Indian graduated from MIT with a BS in Elec Engg and Economics. I have worked for 2 years with a top Management consulting company on an an assignment in Australia. I am thinking of doing an MBA from IIM A (in addition to degree I am more interested in learning about Indian culture, business etc). I have admission to MBA at Harvard but am considering IIM A. Thoughts?
18th May 2011, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

what will be the average salary at IIM K this year (2011)
7th June 2011, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

well guys, why this useless & pathetic thread has come to an end? let me hear some more bullshit bout iims. Well you should consult some one from iim before speaking out your mind. Admission in iim is through very rigorous process so only gud fellows can get through. you should know that it is a government institute and it has some reservation for sc,st &obc.
I will give u a real picture .If you have graduated from the bottom of the classes (last ranker) & are a general category candidate you can expect a package of 18 lacs.
I know coz i am a passout from the very same.
7th June 2011, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

is cat very difficult
9th June 2011, 12:00 AM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

IIM is one of the best educational in institute of india. Average salary , after passing from IIM is about 8 to 10 lakh per year. Some boy also get about 1crore per year.

Best of luck
10th June 2011, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

Can you tell me the detail of the course ?
18th June 2011, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

Now am studying 3rd b.tech.am i able to write cat exam.in which mnth xam wil conducted.when clases wil start and wat is the expendeture.
20th June 2011, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

dude cut the crap .,, it all depends upon how talented ur and it has got nothing to do with the salary u get first getting into such premium institution is one heck of a process there is a lot of filtering involved ... u have to get through group discussions personal interview and ur entire track record right from 10th till ur graduation and even ur work experience is also taken into account .. dude get into cat first and talk abt salary later
26th June 2011, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

what is the criteria for getting admission into iim ahemadabad
10th August 2011, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

can any1 please tell me is it very difficulty to get a good rank in CAT?
15th August 2011, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
You can expect a rise of about 8-20 % from last year salary offered, which is disclosed in the website.

It is not "very" difficult to get into an IIM ( after all people do get in... right ! ... besides, getting good rank in CAT is not the only thing that matters, you need to do well in later stages of essay and interview also, where selection ratio is about 1:10 lots of new IIM have come up where it is easy to get admission ) but then when you take a look at life after you make it in... you feel prep stage for CAT was heaven !

Working for avg 14 (11-18) hours everyday is common.... most people sleep for avg 3-5 hours. But slowly and gradually you get used to this schedule....... and become better in multi tasking and time management !
:D
So actually, IIM is about a change in life style, enhancement in ability to work ( enjoy work with lots of fun ) , and gain in knowledge imparted by the best faculty.
Good Luck, May God bless you.
Regards,
[email protected]
IIM Kozhikode
19th August 2011, 08:03 PM
kotharironak

he as i said i m in sybms i wnt to do an mba in economics and i wnt to knw the scope monetary as well as career wise and i also wish to become and ias officer
24th August 2011, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: Expected salary after studying from IIMs?

12 rupe per month
25th August 2011, 01:05 AM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

Hi dear,

Thanks
25th August 2011, 01:01 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
Expected salary is 18 lakes .
30th August 2011, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

After complete the M.Tech is there any MBA corse in I.I.M.
2nd September 2011, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

it is part time job
15th September 2011, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

CAN ELEC ENG STUDENTS ARE CAPABLE OF DOING MBA-IIM?
15th September 2011, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

IIMA tag will give u what ever u want in you life . just believe in your dream and keep working towards it. hard work have no option.
20th September 2011, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

ls it easy to select in IIMs ?
23rd September 2011, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

can i get salary 10 crore per month? any where
6th October 2011, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

Wink Re: Expected salary after studying from IIMs?

Quote:
can i get salary 10 crore per month? any where
yes dude u can get. for this u must have some creative ideas and some money around 50000000/- to start a business.
6th October 2011, 06:22 PM
shrijan00

the upper limit of salary is totally unpredictable. it may become Rs.1 crore Per annum according to your performance.Since as your experience increases your pay scale will also increase.
8th October 2011, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

is it true that one student of iim are take job of 12 crore per annum
14th October 2011, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

can anyone please tell wat are the various stages we have to undergo before gettin admission in any IIM?
14th October 2011, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
is it true that one student of iim are take job of 12 crore per annum
are there any specific government jobs for MBAs in india?
14th October 2011, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

are there specific government jobs for MBAs in india?
2nd November 2011, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

is it hard to get selected in the iim???????
11th November 2011, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

how to crack iit jee with 1 yr in hand
15th November 2011, 02:05 PM
dravid999

hi dear,

thanks
17th November 2011, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Most people that read about IIM salaries, and so many of you that are quoting salaries have no idea what the whole picture. You cannot tell anyone what the AVERAGE salary from this IIM or that IIM is, because it depends on so many factors which makes different candidates incomparable. First of all, and most importantly is PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE. No fresher who just did has an undergraduate degree and then decided to do his IIM MBA is likely to get an offer of 20 lakhs, or 30 lakhs, or 1 CRORE like some IIMs advertise their offers to be. Notice how they do not mention the previous work experience of the people with such offers.
In fact, if you have no work experience you can't possibly expect to earn anything more than 10-15 lakhs. And so many candidates earn even lesser, 6-8 lakhs, with local companies. An MBA definitely adds value, but it is all in proportion to one's previous work experience and demonstrated future potential.

Secondly, no doubt there have been offers of 1 crore , but not only are those offers very few and far in between, they are made by international banks for a position ABROAD, in locations such as Singapore or London, AND those candidates have some prior work experience AND they are usually in the field of investment banking, which anyway is known for its extremely high salaries. No doubt you have to be very good to bag those offers, but also remember that abroad, an offer of $150-$200,000 in an investment banking role after having completed an MBA, AND having had 2-3 years of work experience is NORMAL. And that $200,000 is translated into 1 crore.

So people should understand all this and know what normal offers are like, and WHY some offers are so high, and know that no company will just start dishing out 20 or 30 lakhs for you JUST because you have an IIM MBA.
6th December 2011, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

what type of work experience?
8th December 2011, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

Question Re: Expected salary after studying from IIMs?

Quote:
well guys, why this useless & pathetic thread has come to an end? let me hear some more bullshit bout iims. Well you should consult some one from iim before speaking out your mind. Admission in iim is through very rigorous process so only gud fellows can get through. you should know that it is a government institute and it has some reservation for sc,st &obc.
I will give u a real picture .If you have graduated from the bottom of the classes (last ranker) & are a general category candidate you can expect a package of 18 lacs.
I know coz i am a passout from the very same.

if i m a last ranker of the class and if i m a st category student, wt salary can i expect? Y s the caste matters in placement ?
10th December 2011, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

predominantly the wage rate definately depends upon individuals performance but sometimes some figures are fake so one should believe in his karm rather than worrying about salary . salary may difer from person to person but the std salary for an IIM graduate is definately above 10 lacs as it is not an ordinary course
11th December 2011, 08:15 PM
akashcg02

Quote:
A student of India’s premier business school, Indian Institute of Management at Ahmedabad (IIM-A) has recorded the highest-ever international of $360,000 (around Rs 1.44 crore).

The highest international annual salary of Rs 1.44 crore was offered by a company in finance marketing sector to a Post Graduate Programme (PGP) student.

IIM-A Average domestic salary is Rs 17.85 lakh
IIM-A Highest domestic salary is in the range of Rs 50 lakh and Rs 70 lakh.

IIM-A was established in 1961 as an autonomous Institution by the Government of India in collaboration with the Government of Gujarat and the Indian Industr
10th January 2012, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

how much salary will give .i.i.b.m.when we complete my course and join the job?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?