16th March 2010, 07:45 PM
Khari

Which field is better Biotechnology and Business mangement or bioinformatics?

Hi,
I am a student in my final year of BSc Biotechnology (Westminster university). I am wondering wheather to opt for Msc in biotechnology with business or bioinformatics. I really dont like research work and do not see myself doing it so therefore, i need ur advice as to what option is better in the futurein terms of jobs , pay and so forth bearing in mind that I am off to the states once I am done.
Thankyou

Related Questions:
  1. Should I opt for msc bio informatics after ty biotechnology?
  2. Government Job Opportunities in the field of Biotechnology after completion of M.Tech in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics?
  3. Guidance for pursuing PhD in Bioinformatics/Biotechnology?
  4. What should I choose between Biotechnology, Microbiology and Bioinformatics for Ph.D programme? Which one has better scope?
  5. After passing 12th with 44% can can I give improvement exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What can I do after completion of M.Sc in Bioinformatics? Pursue higher studies MS in abroad or do Ph.D?
  7. Guidance for entry into bioinformatics field?
  8. Career prospects in the field of Bioinformatics? Best colleges for M.Tech (Bioinformatics) in India?
  9. Research institutes in the field of Bioinformatics after studtying PG in Bioinformatics
  10. What should I do to make a career in Bioinformatics after 12th? Which field in Bioinformatics should I prefer?
  11. Is this possible to do Biotechnology after the completion of BCA? Difference between Biotechnology and Bio-Informatics?
  12. Entrance exams for admission in M.Tech. in Bioinformatics or Nano-biotechnology after M.Sc. in Biotechnology
  13. How many subjects are there in Biotech and which are they
  14. Can I study M.Tech in Bioinformatics after completion of B.Tech in Biotechnology?
  15. Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology IBAB reputation and placements
  16. How to do a good course after passing 12th Biology? What is the duration of the course?
  17. Difference between B.Tech Bioinformatics and Biotechnology? -- [New]
  18. Difference between Biotechnology and Bioinformatics?
9th May 2010, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which field is better Biotechnology and Business mangement or bioinformatics?

Hello ,friend
as you not interested in research you may take Msc.business ,other option directly you do the MBA ,you can also do the post graduate courses in clinical research so it will give way towards clinical research services on of the leading sector in next few years.But MBA will be better for you.
hope this will help you
Good luck

Jayesh
9th May 2010, 01:04 AM
jaipatil

Default Re: Which field is better Biotechnology and Business mangement or bioinformatics?

Hello friend you are going to complete Bsc and if you were not interested with research study ,so it will be better that you go to MSc business or MBA will be good option for you. MBA will also help regarding the job.If you are interested for clinical research it will also open for you ,It is also one of the leading sector in upcoming years.
Best luck .

Jayesh
9th May 2010, 03:14 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

hello dear friend it will be better for you to go for bioinformatics as you dont like research it is basically applicative part of biotechnology and technological applications of the same and storage of data with this you need to have computer language knowledge as well as maths knowledge only then you will prove yourself as a knowledgable person in bioinformatics field but dont worry my aim is not to frighten you about the subject but these are important aspects which you have to cover in bioinformatics and regarding biotechnolgy you know very well as you have done your graduation in the same and regarding the agri & biotech business management again it is totall a different concept of marketing and outsourcing and so many things like that in business course ..
so the idea about the entire facts is infront of you whatever you may like go for it.. depends upon your intrests as you seem to me like a very moody person from your words..
good luck and wish you success ..
take care pal...
9th May 2010, 05:29 PM
prakashbioc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
Hi,
I am a student in my final year of BSc Biotechnology (Westminster university). I am wondering wheather to opt for Msc in biotechnology with business or bioinformatics. I really dont like research work and do not see myself doing it so therefore, i need ur advice as to what option is better in the futurein terms of jobs , pay and so forth bearing in mind that I am off to the states once I am done.
Thankyou
Hello,
The Bio-informatics is a research oriented course, even if you go for the company jobs, you may be indulged in some kind of research that includes the Genome analysis, Genetic mapping, Chromosomal epigenetic analysis etc, which you dont like. So better you try to do the Biotechnology with business is better for you which can bring you managerial position in Pharma Product - marketing manager, Vice-president like jobs, that usually pay more.
All the Best !!!!!!!
9th May 2010, 06:30 PM
Senior Member+++

hello dear it would be much far better if you will go for bioinformatics as it has a vast scope
18th May 2010, 01:28 AM
BALWINDER SINGH

Hello,,,
the biotech field is so good and also the bioinformatics foeld is so good.................the bioinformatics field is new field in medical sciences and have the more scope........but for bioinformattics you have the computer lanuges lanuages knowlegdge.........
9th June 2010, 07:16 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

The career prospects in Bioinformatics has been steadily increasing with more
and more use of information technology in the field of molecular biology. Job
prospects are in all sectors of biotechnology, pharmaceutical and biomedical
sciences, in research institutions, hospital and industry. So, i will suggest
you just do, what you like............
22nd June 2010, 02:43 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,
Bio-technology is basically concerned with research and developement.
So for higher studies,you must be indulging with R & D.
Now,as you are not interested in working with R & D field, go for M.Sc with business where you can build your kind of career in future.

You can also opt for an MBA,giving chances of employeement in management companies.

Best of luck.
30th June 2010, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

Hiiii I have completed B.Sc Biotech. Now I got admission in M,Sc bioinformatics in Banasthali Vidyapith and even i got Biotech in Thapar University and now I am Confused wich course Should I go for? Even can you lemme know the companies which hire Bioinformatics Students? I actually dnt want to do Research fully. Plzz suggest me..
Thank you.
20th July 2010, 09:44 PM
sharmila jain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
Hi,
Thankyou
hello..
as a biotechnology student i will suggest you to go for msc in bioinformatics ..this field is really having a good scope ..as you said that you are not interested in research this is the best ..you can just sit infront of the computer and work and design the drugs, primers and many more.. so all the best..
11th August 2010, 08:29 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

i will suggest you to go for msc in bioinformatics
this field is really having a good scope ..
as you said that you are not interested in research this is the best ..
you can just sit infront of the computer and work and design the drugs, primers and many more
15th August 2010, 02:15 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

try for jobs in biotech ,like in psu's in isro
Yes jobs are availabe for biotech engineers as a 'graduate apprentices' you must be a first class degree holder in engineering.
After selection you have to undergo 1 year long training,after that you will appointed as a apprentice in ISRO on the stipend of 5000/- per month.
3rd April 2011, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
hello dear it would be much far better if you will go for bioinformatics as it has a vast scope
There is no scop in Bioinformatics without research as per my observation. May be after few years there is great oppertunity in INDIA but not yet.
13th April 2011, 11:15 AM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Demand of biotechnology is more than that of Business management so i think you should go for biotechnology.........
12th September 2011, 04:43 PM
Stretch

Wink Re: Which field is better Biotechnology and Business mangement or bioinformatics?

I rellay needed to find this info, thank God!
27th June 2012, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

i had done my graduation in bioinformatics (H) .i had given the entrance exams for msc in biotech and system biology and bioinfomatics and i got good rank. but now i m confused what should i do. i wana to make my carrer
3rd August 2013, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

I AM SELECTED FOR BS [BIOTECH] AND FOR BS [BIOINFORMATICS]..PLZ SUGGEST ME WHAT SHOULD I OPT FOR?
I AM MORE INCLINED TOWARDS BIOINFORMATICS.
16th July 2015, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

I have done my graduation in physics honours.But,i want to do my master degree in biological field.Is it possible to do master in bioinformatics or biotechnology? If possible,then what should I go for and which field is better?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?