20th August 2011, 07:46 PM
K.sudharshan

Is GATE exam important for my career after completing MCA?

I completed my M.C.A.,so GATE exam is important for my career to get good job?

21st August 2011, 04:22 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Is GATE exam important for my career after completing MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.sudharshan View Post
No need to think in that way .
Its the candidate's potential to get a good job or not nothing is related to the degrees you do.

if you don't have stuff in you then the degrees done by you are also mere waste even if you don't have degrees with you if you have stuff to complete the given task then you can settle good.

This is all my experiences who crossed your stage recently all are my elder brother friends actually.
while pursuing Engineering they used to make fun of Job holders and don't know the value of money.

at the time of job searching they came to know how tough is to get a job with stuff in your brain.
they made some fake experience certificates and many fraud things but they couldn't survive in the industry till they concentrated on their skills.
then they understood fake certificates, fake experiences all are real waste if you have guts to prove your self then no one can stop you.

then they started to learn the important programming languages right from C Language.
to CCNP
Core web designing etc.,
so all you need to have is stuff not the certificates or anything as I said the example of my friends who completed their engineering the same case with you.

if you have skills no need to do M.Tech degree also right away get into job market because the late you do the late it becomes to get a job in the proportionate manner the competition level also increases.

so being a fresher now is good than completing as fresher after 2 years if your company requires you as Master in technology then you think about M.tech

this is my suggestion if you don't like it please do ignore it.

Regards

~AdityA~
21st August 2011, 04:55 PM
Bagodi

Smile Re: Is GATE exam important for my career after completing MCA?

21st August 2011, 08:19 PM
sg1991

Default Re: Is GATE exam important for my career after completing MCA?

Yes, GATE exam is important for you.
And after completing MCA you are eligible for GATE exam.
It depends on you whether you want to do M.E./M.Tech. or not.
M.Tech. degree is beneficial for a very high career.
M.Tech. degree will give you a chance to work in certain industries where only M.Tech. holders sre eligible.
If you do M.Tech. from IIT you will get a high package which you cannot get after MCA.
21st August 2011, 08:48 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

GATE exam is for getting admission to various colleges in India for M.tech... M.tech is a masters degree of 2 years.

And you have already done masters by doing MCA, so why do you need another masters degree, my friend.

After doing MCA, you will get jobs in many good IT or software companies like Microsoft, IBM, CTS, HCL, Wipro etc and so on....

So please don't do M.tech for more 2 years...instead find some job, because MCA is not a simple degree....the degree is very much valuable.

My suggestion is GATE is no more for your career...find job on MCA basis.

Best wishes..........
21st August 2011, 11:03 PM
jain4u

hello,
I think you should realize what you want to do in future, career wise. If you want to gain more knowledge and then enter into the cooperative world or have an urge to teach others what you have got these years.
After clearing gate, you can pursue for Mtech then if your interest grows then you can go for Doctorate Degree which is needed for joining a good central university.

And if you had made your mind for jobs and your MCA is from a good place then investing your time for Mtech wont be a good option. No doubt after passing from IIT you will have a great opportunity in co-operative world.
21st August 2011, 11:35 PM
saugata2008

Look dear , it is totally up to you that in which way you want to take your carrier .If you want to go in teaching line or want to get the doctorate degree ,this is the way .
But according to my knowledge with the MCA you can go in software fields .There are so many companies like Microsoft, IBM, CTS, HCL, Wipro etc who recruits MCA fresher.
So go what ever you want but in my opinion MCA is sufficient to get a job.
Thank you
21st August 2011, 11:59 PM
Sehwag6

Gate stands for graduation aptitude test in engineering. It is the entrance exam for m.tech/me. If you do m.tech means you write gate exam otherwise dont need. For gate eligibility is b.tech or any master degree. All the best
22nd August 2011, 01:31 AM
NEIL6

Friend

GATE exam is for getting admission in the top colleges of india to get master degree. You

have already completed your MCA which is also a master degree and is of great value

degree. There are many sectors in which you will get job easily when you have your

master degree with you. So, in my point of view, you must look out for a job instead of giving

Gate exam for another master degree.

With best wishes!
22nd August 2011, 02:42 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
No, My friend it is not necessary to go for GATE exam..
As you have done MCA , so why you wants to go for M.tech..
Gate is an entrance exam for M.tech.. Which is different from your field...
MCA is a demanding course.. You can get a very good job in a good software company after completion of MCA.. Because as the IT market is booming now, So, They hire large number of students from technical colleges..
So, First fix your goal, then go for it..
Do not go for any further courses, just go for the job..
To get a job in a good software company you have improve your soft skills..
So, work on that...
I am sure you will definitely get a job...
All the best.
22nd August 2011, 11:20 PM
revathyj

Dear friend, to my point of view it's not important.because u already did master degree...so concentrate on your job.My best wishes. But if u have interest means, surely you can write, by writing this you just check about your ability,thats it.
22nd August 2011, 11:37 PM
rana2011
Banned

Yes,GATE exam important for my career after completing MCA?

If you have skills no need to do M.Tech degree also right away get into job market because the late you do the late it becomes to get a job in the proportionate manner the competition level also increases.

Being a fresher now is good than completing as fresher after 2 years if your company requires you as Master in technology then you think about M.tech

Thanks!!
22nd August 2011, 11:43 PM
vrendra.pratap

Smile Re: Is GATE exam important for my career after completing MCA?

Mr Sudarshan,if u want to earn money then no need of GATE exam but if u want to go in teaching era then u must have M.Tech degree so u have to opt this exam this degree will help u for your growth in career.virendra
23rd August 2011, 03:28 AM
keertipurwar
Junior Member+

no it is not necessary. but for better future its require
23rd August 2011, 11:32 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

No. GATE exam is not important for your career after completing MCA.

the important things after completing MCA is getting a good jobs.

hope you will be get a campus placement after MCA if you can do MCA from good institute.

but see, if you are interested to work as a lecturer or want to join in research field then you must do m.tech. and for that purpose M.Tech will compulsory.

and so you have give GATE exam, and you have to get good percentile in GATE.

all the best........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?