19th July 2018, 10:24 PM
ThanujaAlthapati

Genetics related courses available to study in Graduation for 12th PCM student?

Sir, I have taken PCM stream in my 12th. I want to study Genetics in future. So, I would like to know about the courses to do in my Graduation related to Genetics. Please help me to know about the courses asap. Thank you!

21st July 2018, 10:46 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Genetics related courses available to study in Graduation for 12th PCM student?

Undergraduate courses in Genetics:

Bachelor of Science in Genetics

Bachelor of Science Honours in Genetics

Bachelor of Science in Genetics, microbiology and Chemistry
21st July 2018, 11:41 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Genetics related courses available to study in Graduation for 12th PCM student?

The field of Genetics is rapidly growing day by day. So, it's definitely a good idea to pursue Under Graduate(UG) courses in Genetics.

Candidates who completed class 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects and obtained minimum 55% marks in aggregate , are eligible to do below mentioned UG Genetics courses.

>> Bachelor of Science in Genetics (B.Sc Genetics)

>> Bachelor of Science Honors in Genetics(B.Sc Hons.)

>> Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Genetics, Microbiology and Chemistry

As I have already mentioned that the field of Genetics is rapidly growing in influence and importance, there are various opportunities of B.Sc Genetics completed students. They can get jobs in below mentioned employment areas.

>> Pharmaceutical Industry
>> Hospital
>> School
>> Consulting
>> DNA Forensic Departments
>> Agricultural Firms

So, don't be nervous to choose your career path. Do the course in which you have your own interest. Remember that, " You are the best teacher of yourself".
22nd July 2018, 03:13 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Some of the graduation courses related to genetics which you can study after completing your 12th class education in PCM are listed below:

- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Genetics
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Microbiology
- B.Sc in Forensic science
- B.Sc in Human science
- B.Sc in Chemistry
- B.Tech in Genetic engineering
- B.Tech in Human genetics
- B.Tech in genetics & plant breeding
- B.Sc in anthropology and etc.,

Based on your interest you can study any one of the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?