28th May 2011, 07:11 PM
ramniwas_123

Is Geography a good scoring optional subject in UPSC mains?

Hi I am a computer science student want to opt Geography as subject for the mains. can I do good scoring in this subject even I don't have much background of it.

27th July 2011, 07:08 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Geography a good scoring optional subject in UPSC mains?

hi...its very good that you are preparing for the indian administrative services exam ,becuase it offers you to work in the top job in the countries ,so it is also probably the toughest exam in the country so some serious preperation and smart work is required for this examination.
generally during choosing the subjects it happens with every one that atleast one subject they choose such that they dont have an real back ground in it so its not some thing new .as far as geography is concerned its considered by amny as the safest option for the ias examination ,so you can surely take it.you have to dediccate real good time to it also .you can think of taking an coaching to guide because you dont have background in the subject the coaching can really help you .jains ias academy in delhi is one of the best coaching centres for the geography subject you can try it
28th July 2011, 06:57 PM
Tribhuwankumar1990

yes it is a good scoring subject if you study it regularly as it is a vast subject and need time and good reference material.

as you are a computer science student you should only opt for the subject if you are truly interested in it and you know that you can do well in it.
28th July 2011, 06:58 PM
Tribhuwankumar1990

Wink Re: Is Geography a good scoring optional subject in UPSC mains?

yes it is a good scoring subject if you study it regularly as it is a vast subject and need time and good reference material.

as you are a computer science student you should only opt for the subject if you are truly interested in it and you know that you can do well in it.
15th September 2011, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I tak pol.sci. & geography as my opyional subject as i am humanities student and i am intrested in it ?
15th September 2011, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

Hw shud i strt my preparation on IAS as I am studying class XI ? I lik to tak geograpy and political science
18th October 2011, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

CAN I CHOOSE both subject INDIAN HISTORY AND GEOGRAPHY FOR UPSC EXAM .is it allow?
19th October 2011, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

How is the combination of Geography and Public Administration for optionals ?
24th October 2011, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

Will it be too hectic for an Engineering student to take up Public Administration and Geography as optionals?
30th December 2011, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I take political science and public administration for option
7th March 2012, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

What are the scoring subjects for upsc? I am an apparel technologist so, basically, i don't have background for any of the subjects..... what subjects i should choose????
22nd March 2012, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

is commerce a good scoring subject in upsc
15th June 2012, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

is telugu literature is good option to choose
15th June 2012, 11:23 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is telugu literature is good option to choose

hi...

its very good that you are preparing for the indian administrative services exam ,becuase it offers you to work in the top job in the countries ,so it is also probably the toughest exam in the country so some serious preperation and smart work is required for this examination.
generally during choosing the subjects it happens with every one that atleast one subject they choose such that they dont have an real back ground in it so its not some thing new .as far as geography is concerned its considered by amny as the safest option for the ias examination ,so you can surely take it.you have to dediccate real good time to it also .you can think of taking an coaching to guide because you dont have background in the subject the coaching can really help you .jains ias academy in delhi is one of the best coaching centres for the geography subject you can try it

3rd July 2013, 09:37 PM
tusharika vardhan

is geography and sociology a good combination for upsc?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?