12th April 2012, 09:54 PM
alshkaya

Which are the good colleges to do B.Tech in Biotechnology? I am from PCB stream

i want to do b tech in biotechnology but i m from PCB stream pls refer good colleges for that?

Related Questions:
  1. How to do biotechnology after passing 12th with PCB? List of B.Tech and M.Tech colleges?
  2. Which are the best biotechnology institutes in Uttar Pradesh and all over India? Is VIT Vellore good for Biotechnology? Should I choose B.Tech Biotechnology, B.Tech Bioinformatics or B.Tech Biomedical Engineering?
  3. How to opt for Biotechnology course after passing 12th with 50% marks in PCB subjects?
  4. Which is one is better to take between B.Tech Biotechnology and B.Sc Biotechnology? -- [New]
  5. How to opt for Biotechnology course after passing 12th with 50%? Which colleges can I opt?
  6. Cutoff list of all government colleges for Biotechnology?
  7. Is it necessary to take Maths with PCB for Biotechnology? What are the institutes offering the course in B.Tech?
  8. Which courses can I opt for after completion of B.Tech in Biotechnology? Is MS associated with Biotechnology a good choice for me?
  9. Bachelor of Neuroscience, Bachelor of Neurology, Bachelor of Neurobiology and Bachelor of Biotechnology all these courses can be done after 12th PCB?
  10. Is there any entrance exam for BSc/B.Tech biotechnology in Banaras Hindu University
  11. Last 5 years question papers for science? I have completed my MSc and B.Ed
  12. Which engineering college can I get after scoring 56.33% in HSC?
  13. Courses after 12th PCB expect Medical stream?
  14. How can I do biotechnology in genetics?
  15. Genetic engineering B.Tech colleges in India -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Which are the colleges for MS in Biotechnology from abroad
  17. Options after 12th with Medical stream other than MBBS?
  18. B.Tech in Biotechnology in US Colleges? Lateral Entry possible in third year?
8th May 2012, 07:45 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which are the good colleges to do B.Tech in Biotechnology? I am from PCB stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by alshkaya View Post
i want to do b tech in biotechnology but i m from PCB stream pls refer good colleges for that?

There are various recognized Universities offering B.Tech in Biotechnology. In order to pursue the course one must have completed the +2 level of exam from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology. The percentage of marks required varies from University to University.

Amity Institute of Biotechnology

Candidate must have scored a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in X and XII with PCM/PCB. The duration of the program is four years.

SRM University

Candidate must have scored a minimum of 70% aggregate marks in PCM/PCB. The duration of the program is four years.

VIT University

Candidate must have scored a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in PCM/PCB. The duration of the program is four years.

For detail information one may refer to the official website of the concerned University.
25th August 2012, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which are the good colleges to do B.Tech in Biotechnology? I am from PCB stream

i am sanjay kumar suyal from uttarakhand. i got 75.4% in 12th. my subject are pcb. can i take admission in b.tech biotech. plz tell me about govt b.tech colleges in uttarakhand.
25th August 2012, 11:44 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
After passing 12th with physics, chemistry and Biology you are not eligible for B.Tech biotechnology.
You are eligible of B.Sc Biotechnology.

There are many top institute in India offering this course:-
> Indian Institute of Science
> Delhi University
> I.P University
> Patna University
> Anna University

GOOD LUCK!
26th August 2012, 05:04 AM
drjeet
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello..

B.Tech(Biotechnology)- Stands for Bachelor of Technology (Biotechnology)

>> It is 4 year course.

>> Biotechnology is a rewarding and promising career option.

>> Eligibility: Candidates must have completed 12th (Higher secondary examination ).
>> Age should be above 17 years.

>> Top Institutes which offer Biotechnology Course in India:
Amity Institute of Biotechnology - Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology

C.M.R Institute of Technology, Bangalore (CMRIT-B) - Bachelor of Technology in Bio Technology

Dr B. R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar (NIT-J) - Bachelor Of Technology In Bio-Technology

Dr. D. Y. Patil Biotechnology and Bioinformatics Institute - Bachelor of Technology in Bio-Technology

IMS Engineering College, Ghaziabad (IMSEC-G) - Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology

Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee - Bachelor of Technology in Bio-technology

Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (IIT KGP) - Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology & Biochemical Engineering

Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT M) - Bachelor of Technology in Bio Technology

National Institute of Technology, Durgapur (NITD) - Bachelor of Technology in Bio-Technology

National Institute of Technology, Raipur (NIT R) - Bachelor Of Technology In Bio-Technology

National Institute of Technology, Warangal (NITW) - Bachelor of Technology in Bio Technology Engineering

S.D.College of Engineering and Technology - Muzaffarnagar - Bachelor of Technology in Bio-Technology

S.R.M Institute of Science and Technology - Bachelor of Technology in Bio Technology

University Institute of Engineering & Technology, Kurukshetra (UIET) - Bachelor of Technology in Bio-Technology

Vaagdevi College of Engineering - Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology

Velammal College of Engineering & Technology - Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology

VIT School of Bio Sciences and Technology, Vellore - Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology

Vivekananda College of Engineering For Women - Bachelor Of Technology In Biotechnology
etc

>> you can apply for following jobs after completing B.tech in Biotechnology.
  • Lab Technician
  • Research Scientist
  • Teacher/Professor
  • Research Associate
  • Science Writer
  • Biotechnologist
  • Sales Representative
  • Quality Control Officer

>> You can earn up to 30,000 per month.

>> Following companies are invites o biotechnology students:
  • IDPL
  • Thapar Group
  • Hindustan Lever
  • Biocon India Ltd.
  • Hindustan Antibiotics
  • Indo American Hybrid Seeds

>> Or you can do M.tech in Biotechnology.

All the best.
13th January 2013, 07:48 PM
pinewood
Senior Member+

hi,,,

the good colleges to do B.Tech in Biotechnology---------

1.Anna University
2.patna univ
3.iisc
4.i.p univ.
5.delhi univ.
6.National Institute of Technology
7.cmr inst. of techno.
8.dr. dy patil biotechno. & bioinformatics inst.
9.uiet

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14th May 2013, 04:56 PM
lipusahoo141
Senior Member+

dear friend,,,,

good colleges to do B.Tech in Biotechnology
----------------------------------------

1.S.D.College of Engineering and Technology
2.Vaagdevi College of Engineering
3.Indian Institute of Technology
4.Indian Institute of Technology
5.S.D.College of Engineering and Technology - Muzaffarnagar -
6.IMS Engineering College, Ghaziabad (IMSEC-G)
7.Velammal College of Engineering & Technology
8.Dr B. R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar (NIT-J)
9.VIT School of Bio Sciences and Technology, Vellore
10.National Institute of Technology, Raipur (NIT R)
11.Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (IIT KGP)
12.Vivekananda College of Engineering For Women
13.Dr. D. Y. Patil Biotechnology and Bioinformatics Institute
14.C.M.R Institute of Technology, Bangalore
15.S.R.M Institute of Science and Technology
16.Vaagdevi College of Engineering
31st May 2013, 09:15 AM
Unregistered

Post Re: Which are the good colleges to do B.Tech in Biotechnology? I am from PCB stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinewood View Post
hi,,,

the good colleges to do B.Tech in Biotechnology---------

1.Anna University
2.patna univ
3.iisc
4.i.p univ.
5.delhi univ.
6.National Institute of Technology
7.cmr inst. of techno.
8.dr. dy patil biotechno. & bioinformatics inst.
9.uiet

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In BIHAR , RAJENDRA AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY (PUSA)-samstipur run programme B.Tech(biotechnology)
and in patna univ run programme B.Sc(biotechnology) not B.Tech(biotechnology)....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?