26th June 2012, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for Indian Air Force being a candidate having scored 62% in HSC?

Sir i am just passed higher secondary exam with 62 percent .how can i apply indian airforce.

8th July 2012, 02:57 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for Indian Air Force being a candidate having scored 62% in HSC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i am just passed higher secondary exam with 62 percent .how can i apply indian airforce.
If you have completed your Intermediate examination with maths and Physics as a compulsory subjects then you are eligible to apply for NDA(National Defence Academy Examination) to join Indian Air force wings. It is good to see that you are interested to Join Indian Air force.

If you have completed your Intermediate examination, then please apply for NDA Examination. This examination is conducted twice by UPSC for the recruitment of Army wings, Naval wings and Air force wings.

Only Unmarried male candidates between the age of 16.5 to 19 years are eligible for NDA Examination. Final year appearing candidates may also apply.

But for this year Both NDA Examination notification were out and the last date of apply for the examination was already over. If you are Interested to Join Indian Air force then please apply for this examination next year.

Eligible candidates may fill the application form of NDA online only because no offline application facility is provided by UPSC.

You must be medically and Physically fit in all the respects to apply for NDA Examination. If you have completed your Intermediate examination with Maths and Physics as a compulsory subjects, then you are eligible for NDA Examination and join Indian Air force. For more information please visit the official website:

http://upsc.gov.in
8th July 2012, 05:02 AM
drjeet
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to apply for Indian Air Force being a candidate having scored 62% in HSC?

Dear Friend,
If you want to take admission in Indian air force you must qualify AIR FORCE COMMON ADMISSION TEST (AFCAT)

In Indian Air force following branch available and eligibility is separate for particular branch:

A.> Flying Branch (Men):
Qualification:Graduates (Three Yrs degree course in any discipline from a recognized University who have attained minimum 60 % marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have Math’s and Physics at 10+2 level or BE/B.Tech degree Four year course from a recognized University with minimum 60 % marks in aggregate in all papers put together.

IAF Physical Standards:Height and Weight : Minimum height : 162.5 cms with correlated weight, Leg Length : Min – 99 cms. Max – 120 cms. Thigh Length : Max – 64 cms. Sitting Height : Min – 81.5 cms. Max – 96 cms.
Vision : (a) Minimum Visual Acuity 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other, correctable to 6/6 only for hypermetropia.

B.>Technical Branch (Men)
Educational Qualifications:
(a)Aeronautical Engineer ( Electronics ): Candidates applying for AE (L) branch would be eligible if they have undergone a minimum of four year degree qualification
(b)Aeronautical Engineer ( Mechanical ):Candidates applying for AE (M) branch would be eligible if they have undergone a minimum of four year degree qualification

(C)UES – Entry :

Syllabus OF AFCAT examination:
Each Question Paper will have questions from the following topics:-
(a) General Awareness – History, Sports, Geography, Environment,
Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc.
(b) Verbal Ability in English – Comprehension, Error Detection,
Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.
(c) Numerical Ability – Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit
& loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple interest.
(d) Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.

All the Best.
8th July 2012, 11:12 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

The candidate having completed 12th standard is eligible to apply for Indian Air Force through appearing NDA(National Defence Academy) entrance exam conducted by UPSC twice every year.

There is no percentage of marks required for application to Indian Air Force of NDA. SO if you have either appear for the final 12th exam or pass from a recognised Board, you will be eligible to apply for the same.

Apart from this criteria you must be an unmarried Indian male candidate within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental health.

The NDA can be applied through on line only by paying requisite fees for examination.

The selection is through written exam followed by Personal Interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to the official website of UPSC i.e. http://www.upsc.gov.in
8th July 2012, 11:37 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Since you have given your class 12 exam therefore now you are eligible to give the NDA Entrance Exam to join air force.

NDA Eligibility Criteria:

>>You should be minimum 12 pass out

>>Your age should be between 16.5-19 years

>>You should be an unmarried citizen of india

NDA Exam Pattern:

Physical Requirements:

Reference Books:

Author: Datason RP

Author: Sachchida Nand Jha

Author: Jain Gupta

Official Website: http://www.upsc.gov.in
8th July 2012, 02:48 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i am just passed higher secondary exam with 62 percent .how can i apply Indian Air force.

Exam to give after XII to join Indian Air force

Having passed senior secondary exam hence you are eligible to write National Defense Academy Entrance exam commonly known to us as N.D.A which is conducted by union public service commission twice every year as NDA-1 and NDA-2.

But for this exam one is required to be eligible for this exam.hence the eligibility criteria is given below......

Eligibility for NDA

~~You should have passed 12th standard from State board or recognized school.

~~There is no percentage limit mentioned for this exam.

~~If you are appearing in 12th then you can also apply.

~~Your age must be between 16.5 to 19 year.

~~Students having P.C.M as their branch can apply for all the defense services.

~~students having non P.C.M can also apply but for Indian army only.

hence for Indian air force you should be having non medical branch that is pcm subjects in XII.

selection procedure

1) Written Test.

2) Personal Interview.

3)medical

for more details visit::http://www.upsc.gov.in/

hope this helped...........

with regards
roknits
27th August 2012, 03:51 AM
Unregistered

sir how much percentage will have in hsc<commerce> for giving exam in airforce..
28th October 2012, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

I got only 52% in h.s. Can i apply for IFS?
25th February 2013, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

I am have for 12th now. I m very interset in india air force . M having P.C.M as my subject but scored less in Physcis . Can i apply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?