16th June 2011, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to appear for IAS with 10+2? Which subjects to be studied for IAS?

which all subjects should i study for ias exam. Is it possible to appear for IAS after 12th?

Related Questions:
  1. Which are the subjects to be studied for IAS exam?
  2. Is it better to choose subjects other than i had in graduation for IAS preparations?
  3. Which two subjects are best suited for IAS preparations for an electrical engineering student?
  4. What are the subjects of IAS? How should I prepare for IAS?
  5. Is it better to do PG course after finishing UG?
  6. In IAS can those subjects which were not studied in graduation be selected?
  7. Procedure to become an IAS? What subjects to choose for IAS Exam?
  8. Which are the best two scoring subjects in IAS exam?
  9. How to prepare myself for IAS exam? How many subjects do I have to opt for IAS exam?
  10. How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? Which are the subjects that would help?
  11. How to join IAS exam after passing B.Tech? Which subjects should I choose as optional subject?
  12. Which subjects can a dental graduate opt in IAS exam? How should a dental graduate make the selection for subjects for cracking IAS exam?
  13. How to prepare for IAS? Subjects to study?
  14. Can I become an IAS Officer having BA background? What are the suitable subjects in BA to become IAS Officer? -- [New]
  15. ICSE or CBSE Board, which will help me to become an IAS Officer? Subjects to follow in IAS examination?
  16. If i opt for Arts then which subjects should I choose in IAS?
  17. How to take up IAS coaching along with degree? Which institute in Hyderabad provides coaching for both degree and IAS simultaneously?
  18. How to prepare to become an IAS officer and which subjects to be chosen? I am a class 12th student from science -- [Most Discussed]
16th June 2011, 09:45 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to appear for IAS with 10+2? Which subjects to be studied for IAS?

HI
NO IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO GIVE EXAM AFTER 12TH.
FOR EXAM CRITERIA:---

CANDIDATE MUST PASS GRADUATION
AGE-21 TO 30 YEARS

SUBJECT CHOOSE BY YOURSELF ACCORDING TO YOUR SUITABLE.........

FURTHER CLARIFICATION:---

http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th June 2011, 09:47 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to appear for IAS with 10+2? Which subjects to be studied for IAS?

HI

AGE-21 TO 30 YEARS

16th June 2011, 09:56 PM
venkatgct

Talking Re: Is it possible to appear for IAS with 10+2? Which subjects to be studied for IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which all subjects should i study for ias exam. Is it possible to appear for IAS after 12th?
friend,

It is not possible to appear for the civil services (IAS) exam after 12th. u will hav to be a graduate to appear for the exam.

a graduation degree from any recognised university will do good.

it is necessary u understand all the regulations for the IAS exam.... i hav given the following link which contains all the info:

http://www.onestopias.com/regulation.asp

regards..
16th June 2011, 10:28 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
No, Its Not possible To appear For IAS examination After completing Intermediate examination, You have to study Bachelor degree course, if your aim is to become a IAS Officer.

So, you must be Graduate in any discipline from a recognised University. So you can study any subject or course according to your Interest.

Who conducts IAS examination

UPSC Conducts IAS examination and the examination are also Known as Civil services examination.

Eligiblity Criteria -

You need to required Graduate degree course.

Final Year appearing Candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

Your age should between 21 to 30 years.

The Notification was published in the employment Newspaper OR in the official website of UPSC, The examination was held 2 times in a year and the examination held in two stages, Firstly You have to appear for Preliminery exam and Then Main exam.

You have to clear both the examination along with Interview, Only then you will become a IAS Officer. Eligible candidates can apply for This examination Online OR you can also purchase the application form from the designated post offices near by your city. General candidates will gets 4 chances to crack this examination and no age relaxation will be given to general candidates. And for complete details Regarding examination pattern, then please visit the official website of UPSC.
17th June 2011, 12:12 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

Is it possible to appear in IAS examination after completing 10+2 exam.

No, you can not appear in the IAS examination after completing 10+2 exam. IAS examination is conducted by UPSC in every year. This exam is conducted in two stage Preliminary exam and Main exam.. After successful selection in the Preliminary exam you will be call for the main exam. To appear in this exam you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification :- To appear in the IAS exam you should pass the graduation in any stream from a recognize University. Final year graduation student are also eligible to apply IAS examination.

Age Limit :- The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this exam.
The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

So, you can appear in the IAS examination after completing graduation degree. You can choose any stream in the graduation.

For deatils information regarding IAS examination please see the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
17th June 2011, 01:46 AM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

You can't appear for IAS exam just after completing your 10+2 exam.
To appear for IAS exam you need to be a graduate in any stream with age between 21 to 30 years.
So right now you are not eligible to apply for IAS exam.
From age point of view also you are too small to appear for it.
But you have decided to become IAS officer at right time .
You can start preparing for it from right now as it will help you a lot.
You can even refer previous year question papers which are easily made available in Book-Stalls.
Also you appear for IAS exam only 4 times so preparing from now will help you in saving your chances to attempt for IAS exams.
Besides that I would also like to inform you that first it is required to give prelims exam & then you will be required to appear for the main exam.
It is conducted by UPSC every year once.
Exam forms are available both online & offline.
This year exam was on 12th June 2011.
The advertisemnent for it is published mostly in February on many dailies also in Employment newspaper & official website.

Official Website:UPSC
8th October 2011, 08:22 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

No!!!!!!, you can not appear in this exam till the completion for your graduation.
for appear in this examination you must have to complete your graduation in any stream from a recognized university.
the age limit for this exam, is 21-30,.
there are 5 years of relaxations is applicable for SC\ST candidates.
also 3 years of age relaxation for OBC (non-creamy layer).
this examination is conducted by UPSC every years.
3rd November 2011, 10:22 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

HI

AGE-21 TO 30 YEARS

7th November 2011, 11:01 PM
sant8055

No,It's not at all possible to become an IAS after completion of your Inter!! Because the min.eligibility for IAS exam is having a degree from a recognized university!!!

Please check the below mentioned details then you will have an idea about the IAS exam eligibility and its exam pattern!!

Eligibility criteria for IAS::

You must be a citizen of India.
Age limits for IAS:
- You must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:
upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes(BC's)
You must complete your Graduation Degree(No restriction in Min.Percent)
Number of attempts::
- General candidates: four attempts.
- Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates: No restriction.
- Other Backward Classes: seven attempts.

There are three stages in order to get IAS which is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) Every year:

1.Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT)
2.Main Exams
3.Interview
25th December 2011, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it possible to appear for IAS with 10 2? Which subjects to be studied for IAS?

i want to qualify kAS exam which streame i should
11th March 2012, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it possible to appear for IAS with 10 2? Which subjects to be studied for IAS?

I am doing B.sc in interior designing can i appear for the exam
30th August 2012, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

WHERE ARE STADY IAS FROM BHOAL AND WHICH COLLAGE
31st August 2012, 01:58 AM
Syedsam01
Member+

Dear aspirant,
Sorry to inform you that after 10 2, you are not fulfils the educational qualificational eligibility criteria which is Graduation in any stream from a recognised University, the last year students of graduation can also appears for Prelims and eligible on provisional bases.
And the minimum age is 21 years for all.
So best of luck.
27th June 2013, 09:08 PM
suceela

yes. you can. the criteria for appearing the IAS exam is
1) you shoud have a degree(no matter what the degree is. it can be arts, medicine, engineering)
2)your age must be 21 or above
3)you should be well versed in english or tamil
29th October 2013, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

BA me kaun sa subject lena hoga please reply
30th March 2015, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

I have to apply IAS exam on 2016, how can i apply? please convey it to me right now
26th May 2016, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

what stould I study after the completion of my course bsc nursing for becoming ias officer ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?