2nd June 2012, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects should I choose for IAS Preliminary and Main Exam being a candidate having completed Graduation in Architecture?

which subjets i have to select for preparing IAS
hi sir, this is santosh from vizag, andhra pradesh..... i have completed my gaduation recently......the problem is i did degree in architecture so which subjects i have to select for prelims and mains.....? can u give me ur valuable advice.......regarding this........

Related Questions:
  1. Which subjects I can choose for IAS Preliminary Exam and Main Exam having completed BE in ECE?
  2. What subject should I take for graduation for becoming IAS when I study in IGCSE board? -- [New]
  3. Review regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?
  4. Optional subjects in the IAS preliminary exam -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Which optional subjects should I choose in IAS mains exam? I am doing my graduation in BSc Nursing
  6. How to choose Arts subjects for IAS Pre and Mains exam? I have completed graduation in computer science engineering
  7. Which UPSC optional subject is best for me? I have B.Com degree from DU
  8. Is it better to choose subjects other than i had in graduation for IAS preparations?
  9. How should I prepare for IAS exam? Which are the main subjects that I have to study?
  10. How should I go through Preliminary and Main Exam of MPSC? Which subjects to be solved in Preliminary and Main Exam?
  11. Information regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which Optional subjects should I choose for this Exam? How to prepare for this Exam? Which Books to prepare for this Exam?
  12. Which optional subjects to opt for main exam?
  13. Which stream would be easy after 12th to become an IPS officer?
  14. What are the optional subjects should I choose for IAS? I have completed graduation from Manipur
  15. Which subjects to choose for IAS? I am a Biotechnology student
  16. Which two subjects are best suited for IAS preparations for an electrical engineering student?
  17. B.Com graduate of 25 years old is eligible for BPSC?
  18. What are the main terms for IAS?
5th June 2012, 09:01 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose for IAS Preliminary and Main Exam being a candidate having completed Graduation in Architecture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which subjets i have to select for preparing IAS
hi sir, this is santosh from vizag, andhra pradesh..... i have completed my gaduation recently......the problem is i did degree in architecture so which subjects i have to select for prelims and mains.....? can u give me ur valuable advice.......regarding this........
Selection of Optional Subjects entirely depends upon the candidate appearing for the Civil Service Examination and one can select any subjects irrespective of there stream in the bachelors degree program. However, in the Preliminary Stage of the Civil Service Examination, there is no provision for optional paper. This stage comprise of General Studies and Civil Service Aptitude Test and both these papers are compulsory for candidates from any stream. The commission lets the candidates select two optional subjects in the Main Exam apart from the compulsory papers. Since you have done Architecture, one of your optional subject could be Mathematics, though it is not compulsory, you might find it easier than other subjects. Instead of Mathematics you may select any subject along with the other one which you find easier as well as scoring. The complete list of optional subjects has been provided below and depending upon your interest, expertise and preparation, you may select any two subjects:
Agriculture Mathematics, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mechanical Engineering Botany, Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics, Commerce,Political Science ,Economics ,Psychology, Electrical Engineering, Public Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian,History, Zoology,Law.

As per the Union Public Service Commission's guidelines, following combination of optional subjects are not allowed:

Political Science & International Relations and Public Administration
Management and Public Administration
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science
Any two branches of engineering
Commerce and Management
Anthropology and Sociology
Maths and Statistics
Agriculture and Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science

For more information, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
26th June 2012, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose for IAS Preliminary and Main Exam being a candidate having completed Graduation in Architecture?

can i choose same subject for mains and prelims of ias???
26th June 2012, 09:38 PM
kutti.29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i choose same subject for mains and prelims of ias???

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

PATTERN AND OPTIONAL SUBJECT FOR IAS EXAM

THE MAIN SUBJECT FOR IAS EXAM

General Studies
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology
Anthropology
Arabic
Assamese
Bengali
Chinese
English
German
Gujarati
Hindi
Kannada
Kashmiri
Konkani
Malayalam
Manipuri
Marathi
Nepali
Oriya
Pali
Persian
Punjabi
Russian
Sanskrit
Sindhi
Tamil
Telugu
Urdu
Management

For more details you can visit www.upsc.gov.in

6th February 2013, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

what subjects i can choose in preliminary and main exam after completing b.com accounting and finance?
14th August 2017, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

Can provide me information about UPSC Exams for architects? After how many years this exam can be given?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?