15th January 2011, 06:30 PM
gaurav95

Which field is the best for getting through IAS exam? What to do after 12th in order to become an IAS?

which field is best for me if i want to do IAS....and what should I do after 12th for the same

17th January 2011, 06:13 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which field is the best for getting through IAS exam? What to do after 12th in order to become an IAS?

You need to first of all complete your graduation. There is no restriction on the stream chosen. You can select based on your area of interest. Since you want to appear for the IAS exam you must start preparing right away, Make sure to purchase general awareness books.
31st January 2011, 12:08 PM
mychandru024

Default Re: Which field is the best for getting through IAS exam? What to do after 12th in order to become an IAS?

There is no best field for IAS, BUT you should have a degree thats all. You should be thorough about curren affairs...
16th March 2011, 07:29 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Actually the best field in right from your schooling is

you should have special interest on

these subjects..

General Knowledge

Moral Science

Social Studies.

specially history Civics and Economics

should be your special subjects and also fav subjects..

in 11th try to select some arts subjects..

In graduation try to select

economics related or
financial accounting

or also you can take some subjects like Psychology

make good selection

all the best

~aditya~
6th April 2011, 03:16 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

The academic qualification required for IAS is a graduation degree in any stream from any recognized university.

So take anything after 12th and complete your graduation....
you will be eligible for IAS.

Try to keep a good depth in current affairs, G.K etc.

You need to prepare for IAS in the middle of your graduation course.
7th April 2011, 05:54 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

You can choose any stream as per your interest for IAS exam.
IAS exams are conducted by UPSC and there is not any restrictions related to your field of study.
Yes you can go for or choose subjects in which you are good with thorough knowledge and subjects for which ,study material also available easily.
Sharp your GK and current affairs knowlegde.

For UPSC IAS exam,you must have Graduation degree from a recognized university and your age should be 21 to 30 years.
So complete your Graduation.............

For more details,please refer to the website:
www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
*Kapila*
16th April 2011, 08:25 PM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

IAS exams are conducted by UPSC and there is not any restrictions related to your field of study.
Yes you can go for or choose subjects in which you are good with thorough knowledge and subjects for which ,study material also available easily.

For UPSC IAS exam,you must have Graduation degree from a recognized university and your age should be 21 to 30 years.

www.upsc.gov.in
good luck
3rd May 2011, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

honours is compulsury for ias?
25th May 2011, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12th with science side , but i want to become IAS officer , so, plz tell me which subject i have to take in graguation.
29th May 2011, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

i got 90% in 12th board and i want to be an ias.so i thought if i do my grduatin with economics hnrs,it will help me more.plz tell me,am i right or wrong?
14th July 2011, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for IAS after completing my graduation through electronics and telecommunication branch. if yes which field will be best for me in IAS?
15th September 2011, 11:00 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

You need to first of all complete your graduation. There is no restriction on the stream chosen. You can select based on your area of interest. Since you want to appear for the IAS exam you must start preparing right away, Make sure to purchase general awareness books.
15th September 2011, 11:08 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

www.upsc.gov.in
1st October 2011, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

What if, Incase one doesnot clear the IAS ewam? Which field he should go for then?
13th May 2013, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

sir tell me which subject is better for ias prepration whether sci or arts ?i have given isc exam
with maths
15th June 2013, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

I wanted to do ias by completing the graduation in commerce
9th June 2014, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation by sanskrit stream ... so can I apply for ias exam....If yes which books should I refer to compete in the exam...?????
21st June 2014, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

I want to do IAS but i m confused between science and humanities.
everyone adviced me to take science ,but some people say humanities can make your labour for preparation for ias easy
advice me to choose the correct stream..
29th April 2018, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, l appears 12th exam 2018 but I can not good score in 12th below 60per. so which field I choose for future career.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?