15th July 2012, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer after doing diploma course in Civil Engineering?

Iam doing diploma course in civil engineering .I want to be a I.A.S.Officer.How can i be ?

Related Questions:
  1. How do I prepare to become an IAS Officer pursuing BE in Civil Engineering?
  2. How to become an IAS officer after studying civil engineering?
  3. Am I eligible for IAS after completing diploma in civil engineering?
  4. How can I become an IAS officer? I am currently studying diploma in computer engineering
  5. Should I go for Diploma to Degree in Mechanical or Engineering in Mechanical after completion of 10+2 to become IAS Officer?
  6. How to become an IFS officer? I am studying in civil engineering diploma course
  7. How to become an IAS officer after passing Mechanical engineering? I have a degree in diploma
  8. Can i do diploma in Civil engineering from IGNOU after B.Com and working in P.W.D?
  9. What is the work-profile of an IES mechanical officer in various sectors? Does IES officer have same powers as IAS officer?
  10. Which colleges I can get admission to study 12th externally after 10th standard?
  11. Colleges for distance B.E./B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in Civil Engineering? Procedure to apply for admission?
  12. Eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for civil serves examination -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I study M.E.(Civil Engineering) if completed B.Com and Civil Engineering Diploma course?
  14. What are the options available after completing diploma? Can I do MBA after diploma? Is diploma treated equal to degree and can a diploma student take up IAS exam?
  15. What is better Diploma after 10th or degree after 12th?
  16. How to do IAS after B.E? I have completed diploma in computer science
  17. Possibility to study B.Arch for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  18. Subjects included in Diploma in Civil Engineering? Courses to study after completing Civil Engineering Diploma course? -- [New]
30th July 2012, 04:22 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer after doing diploma course in Civil Engineering?

You cannot apply for IAS officer post after diploma. For this post a graduation degree is compulsory. Minimum age limit to apply for this post is 21 years. You need to attend UPSC Civil services exam as part of the selection process for this position. You should try to clear both preliminary and main level exams first. Personal interview is the last round of selection process for those who clear written exam.
30th July 2012, 07:13 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer after doing diploma course in Civil Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Iam doing diploma course in civil engineering .I want to be a I.A.S.Officer.How can i be ?
I am afraid that the minimum education qualification required for giving the IAS exam is Graduation degree. The diploma course in this case will not be considered equivalent to graduation.

So you will have to consider some other option.

However if you are really interested in becoming an IAS officer then you can complete Engeening degree if Btech or BE.

You can get admission through lateral entry by which you will be given admission directly in Second year.

Some universities have reserved seats for providing direct admission while for others you will have to pass the LEET exam. Some universities may conduct their own entrance exams also.

The following are the eligibility criteria for IAS -

Nationality - THe candidate must be a citizen of India.

Educational qualification- Those have completed graduation from a recognized university are eligible.

Age limit -The candidate must have attained a minimum of 21 years of age and should not be more than 30 years of age. Some relaxation is given but only in the upper age limit and that also for reserved category candidates only.

I am assuming that you might have done Diploma course immediately after 10th so your age Must be around 19 years So you still can not give the IAS examination until you attain 21 years of age.

In such a case it will obviously be better to complete engineering degree in the remaining time and then you can give the IAS exam.
30th July 2012, 07:19 PM
archanagalenka

Quote:
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
(1) Nationality

Indian nationals are eligible for IAS

(2) Age Limit
i. A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
ii. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:
a. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
b. upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.

EDUCATION;
YOU SHOULD COMPLETE YOUR GRADUATION IN ANY COURSE

UPSC Prelims Exam Syllabus 2012Paper I - (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
Current events of national and international importance
History of India and Indian National Movement
Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization
General Science.
Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
Comprehension
Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level)
Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)
English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
FOR MORE INFORMATION YOU CAN SEE THE ATTACHMENTS..

WWW.UPSC.GOV.IN

ALL THE BEST...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf upsc_civil_services_notification_2012.pdf(327.3 KB, 194 views)
30th July 2012, 07:41 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

ya,
you can

candidate must be graduate from recognized university
an unmarried also
candidate must be a citizen of India

Age-minimum of 21 years of age
30th July 2012, 10:36 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.To become IAS officer,you should appear for civil service exam and then you should clear the exam with good score in civil service exam.Civil service exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year once.Under civil service exam,their are 23 service post like
>>Indian Administrative Service
>>Indian Police Service
>>Indian Foreign Service etc.
The Service post will be assign according to the rank in civil service exam.

To appear for civil service,you should have completed or appearing for final exam of graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university and your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

Civil service exam is notification will release in the month of February every year and exam will held on May month every year.

So now,you are not eligible for Civil service exam,but after completing B.Tech course,you can fill the civil service exam.

Visit official website for more details.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th June 2013, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

Hi,I am Saniya Memon.I am currently doing computer engineering in Diploma.I want to IAS officer.Can I be? How?Plz Help me Sir.
13th June 2013, 11:22 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hi,I am Saniya Memon.I am currently doing computer engineering in Diploma.I want to IAS officer.Can I be? How?Plz Help me Sir.
To become an IAS officer you have to appear in the UPSC Civil services Exams

Eligibilty to appear in the UPSC Civil services Exams is

Educational Qualification :

A Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a UGC/AICTE recognised University.
Final year appeared/appearing candidates can also apply.

Age Limit :
General Category-21-30yrs on 1st August of the year of exam
OBC-21-33yrs
SC/ST-21-35yrs

Attempts :
General Category-4 times
OBC-7 times
SC/ST-Unlimited times

So if you meet the above eligibilty than only you can apply
13th June 2013, 11:37 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.....................

First you can appear for Civil Examination

Civil Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly ones,

For this Civil Examination some eligibility are there

if you satisfy these all eligibility then you are eligible for civil examination

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Examination

Educational Qualification

>> Candidates have a bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university,

>> Final year students also eligible for this examination

>> There is no percentage required for this examination

Age Limit

>> Candidates age should between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates

Nationality

>> Candidates should be a citizen of India

Selection Procedure

** Preliminary Examination

** Mains Examination

** Interview Test

No.of Attempts

>> Maximum 7 attempts for general candidates

>> Maximum 4 attempts for OBC Candidates
14th June 2013, 01:08 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hey friend,

After completing Diploma in Civil Engineering you will not be eligible for applying for the IAS Exam which is conducted by UPSC for candidate to join in as a IAS Officer.

You are ineligible as you are not satisfying the needed education qualification for the exam as having completed Diploma you have the value of completed +2, but for the IAS exam you need to have a Education qualification of completed Degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage.

There are certain other standards which are needed to be satisfied along with the Education qualification but as you are not satisfying the Education qualification itself you are ineligible for applying

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th June 2013, 11:17 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Sorry to say but you cannot become an IAS Officer after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering.

The Union Public Service Commission conducts the Civil Services Exam through which you can become an IAS Officer.

But the minimum educational qualification that every candidate must have is graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

The candidates who are in final year of graduation are also eligible.

The age limitations for the Civil Services Exam is :

a) for General Candidates : 21-30 yrs

b) For OBC Candidates : 21-33 yrs

c) For SC/ST candidates : 21-35 yrs

The candidate must be an Indian Citizen.

The IAS Civil Services Exam is conducted in the following stages :

1) Preliminary Examination

2) MAINS Examination

3) Personal Interview Test

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?