29th August 2013, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

How to do IAS after B.E? I have completed diploma in computer science

My name is Supriya Kalghatgi.
I completed my Diploma in Computer Science in the year 2011.
I am in the 4th year of engineering in Jain College of Engineering, Belgaum.
I am attending GATE exam commencing in the month of February 2014.
I want to be an IAS officer.
So, how should i go with it?

22nd December 2014, 11:19 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do IAS after B.E? I have completed diploma in computer science

Candidates who have completed their graduation, are eligible to apply for Civil services exam. You should apply for Civil services exam, after the completion of your Graduation, to become a IAS officer.

Exam Pattern:
This exam is conducted in three stages
1) Preliminary Exam
2) Main Exam
3)Interview

Preliminary Exam:-
There are two papers in the preliminary exam.
1) General Studies
2) Optional Subject
The questions in general studies paper are related to history, economics, general knowledge etc. And you should also have a knowledge on current affairs to crack preliminary exam. Candidates who have cleared preliminary exam are only eligible for Main exam.

Main Exam:-
The Main Examination will consist of 9 papers in total, which includes conventional essay type questions.
1) Indian Language
2) English
3) Essay
4) General Studies I
5) General Studies II
6)General Studies III
7)General Studies IV
8)Optional Subject I - Paper 1
9)Optional Subject I - Paper 2

Interview:-
Candidates who have cleared both Preliminary and Main Exam are only eligible for Interview. The main object of the interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate
1st April 2015, 03:46 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do IAS after B.E? I have completed diploma in computer science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My name is Supriya Kalghatgi.
I completed my Diploma in Computer Science in the year 2011.
I am in the 4th year of engineering in Jain College of Engineering, Belgaum.
I am attending GATE exam commencing in the month of February 2014.
I want to be an IAS officer.
So, how should i go with it?

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Service and this exam is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) under civil service examination ever year.

So if you want to become an IAS officer then, you should have to apply for civil service examination. It is one of the tough examination across India, which is conducted in the following three stages:
  1. Preliminary exam,
  2. Main exam and
  3. Personal Interview
Educational Qualification:

Candidates after completing their graduation in any discipline or its equivalent degree from the recognized university are eligible to sit for this examination.

Final year candidates are also eligible for the same but, they have to present final year result at the time of documents verification.

Age of candidates should be minimum 21 years and it should not exist 30 years (General category).

Age relaxation for OBC category candidates up to 3 years on upper age, For SC/ST category candidates it is up to 5 years and for PWD category candidates up to 10 years on upper age.

One can apply maximum 4 attempt if he/she belong to general category, for OBC category it would be maximum 7 attempt and No attempt limit for SC/ST category.

As you have mentioned that you are pursuing your final year of B.E. then, you can surely apply for this exam.
2nd April 2015, 07:48 AM
unique99

You are Supriyo Kalghatgi have completed diploma in Computer Science and now you doing BE 4th year,your query to become an IAS Officer .....

IAS(Indian Administrative Services)is the part of CIVIL SERVICES conducted by UPSC every year.

According to UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION any graduate or a final year candidate from the recognized University can apply for IAS entrance test.

Also you are to ascertain/fulfill:-

i)You are doing your studies from the recognized University.
ii)Age:General:21-32 years, OBC:21-35 years, S/C S/T:21-37 years.
iii)Must be a citizen of India.
iv)Attempts:General:06 chances, OBC:09 chances, S/C S/T: Unlimited,

You are to clear:-
a)Preliminary(CSAT)Test.
b)Mains Exam.
c)Interview(Personality Test)

You are to fulfill above guidelines provided by UPSC before applying for IAS exam.

To know detais visit:- http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd April 2015, 10:16 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IAS is the Indian Administrative Services.

So as to become IAS officer, you will have clear all the three stages of Civil Services Examination.

1. Preliminary Test.

2. Main Examination.

3. Personal Interview.

Civil services is conducted very year by Union Public Service Commission for different services like IPS, IFS, IAS etc.

Anyone who is final year of bachelor's degree or completed graduation in any stream can apply for this exam.

The age limit should be between 21-30 years. OBC and SC/ST candidates have upper age relaxation.

The notification of 2015 Civil services exam will be out in May.

Official website:www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd April 2015, 11:17 AM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

To become IAS after completing diploma in Computer science, you have to first of all complete your graduation.

Candidate having graduation degree can only apply for IAS exam.
After completing graduation degree from any recognised university in any stream, you can apply for IAS through Civil Service Examination.

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC every year.
You can apply for Civil service exam on http://www.upsc.gov.in

Eligibility for IAS :

Candidate must be citizen of India.

Age limit : Age of candidate must be from 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation is also provided as per government norms.

Selection Procedure :

Preliminary Test.
Main Examination.
Personal Interview.

After completing application procedure you have to appear for Preliminary exam.
Preliminary exam is objective question based.

It consists of 2 papers of 200 marks each.

After passing Preliminary exam candidates will be called for Main examination and after main examination candidate have to face Interview, that is the last stage of selection procedure.

Please find he attahment for further details on syllabus and examination pattern.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Civil Service Exam Syllabus.pdf(155.3 KB, 89 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?