13th June 2013, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an IAS officer? I am currently studying diploma in computer engineering

Hi sir,I am Saniya Memon.I am Currently in Diploma in computer Engineering and I want to become IAS officer.So,What Ishould do?

22nd June 2013, 07:29 PM
Anjan reddy.D

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer? I am currently studying diploma in civil engineering

Sir
I am anjan reddy at present iam studing diploma what can i do to becom a IAS officer
13th July 2013, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer? I am currently studying diploma in computer engineering

hi i am priyanka sir and i want to become ias but can i do study of IAS WHILE doing diploma in computer engineering after becoming computer engineer i will be fully reaDY TO GIVE IAS EXAM
PLEASE HELP ME SIR
14th July 2013, 12:16 PM
Ravi dikshith

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer? I am currently studying diploma in computer engineering

Hello Saniya Menon

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for writing the Indian Administrative Service examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.The reason is your educational qualification because the minimum educational qualification required for the I.A.S exam is Graduation in any stream from any recognized university. Even after the completion of diploma also you can't write the exam because diploma is not considered as a bachelor's degree.So you can't write the exam. The suggestion I give to you is after completion of diploma you can get direct admission into Engineering second year,So it is the only way and in the final year of diploma there will be an entrance examination which makes you eligible for the Engineering.After the completion of Engineering you can write the exam.

Coming to the age limits of the exam,they are mentioned below:
  • The minimum age must be at least 21 years.
  • The maximum age required is 30 years.
  • Age relaxation is provided.
  • 5 years for SC/ST categories.
  • 3 years for OBC categories.
  • 10 years for physically handicapped category.
  • 3 years for Ex-service men catgory.
These are the age limits of the exam.As already mentioned without Graduation you are not eligible for the exam.

All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?