3rd May 2014, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

How to become a police officer?

My amtion is to become a police officer so i want know about police fitness?

13th March 2015, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to become a police officer?

Hi ,
My doughtor is just passed her SSC exams and I want to join her colleges of Police .so after she can join Police force.
12th April 2015, 08:43 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Quote:
I appreciate your decision to become a police officer. If you really interested to become a police officer (IPS) then you have to complete your graduate degree course because graduation is minimum eligibility criteria to become an IPS Officer. To become an IPS Officer, you have to apply for the UPSC Civil service examination. Civil service examination is conducted by UPSC every year in two individual stages i.e. Preliminary and Mains.

Eligibility for Police Officer:

~~ You must have passed your graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

~~ Final year appearing candidate are also eligible.

~~ Your age should between 21-30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.

Physical Eligibility:

~~ Height: 165 cms (for men), 150 cms (for women)
~~ Height relaxable for Hill men and Tribals: 5 cms
~~ Chest: 76 cms with expansion (There shall be no such requirement in case of female candidates)
~~ Vision: Eye-sight (with or without glasses)
~~ Distant vision: 6/6 in one and 6/9 in the other eye.
~~ Near vision: 0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in other eye.

If you were satisfied with all the above mentioned criteria, then definitely you are eligible to apply for a police officer examination conducted by UPSC and other states.

To become an IPS Officer, you must have appeared for the UPSC CSAT examination and if you clear the CSAT Examination then you are eligible for Mains. Final selection will be based on Interview, Physical & Medical test. Those who were selected will eligible to join Training period, after successful completion of training period you will become a police officer.

Notification for Civil services (Preliminary) examination is going to be published on 16-May-2015.

If your aim is to become Police officer, then please prepare well for the competitive examination conducted by UPSC. To get more information regarding Civil services examination please visit the official website.
13th April 2015, 12:57 PM
abhi1999
Senior Member+

Police officers are typically employed by state and local law enforcement agencies to enforce the law. They enforce traffic safety laws and investigate suspicious activities within work jurisdictions. Police officers may also work in jails guarding inmates and may testify in court concerning cases in which they have been involved.

Qualification---

Degree Level----A degree is not always required, though some agencies may require some college coursework or an associate's degree.

Degree Field------Criminal justice, criminology or related field.

Key Skills----Strong communication skills, knowledge of federal, state and local laws, empathy, perceptiveness, good judgment and leadership skills.

Additional Requirement---Candidates must typically be 21 years of age,possess a clean driving record and pass a criminal background check, drug screening and physical exam, including vision screening

Projected Job Growth (2012-2022)----6%

Median Salary (2013)-----$56,130

Height--165 cm for mens,150 cm for womens

Chest ---76 cm

Eye Sight---without glasses

To Become a police officer follow the steps--

Step 1:-- Obtain the Necessary Education

Step 2:--- Submit an Application to a Police Department

Step 3:--- Graduate from a Police Academy Training Program

Step 4:--- Actively Work to Obtain Promotions
15th April 2015, 01:55 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
To be police officer, you will have to appear for the Indian Police Services entrance exam called Civil Services exam.

Eligibility criteria:

Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a university recognized by UGC. Candidates pursuing their final year degree course can also apply.

Age limit:

General candidates: 21-30 years.

For OBC and SC/ST candidates there is an age relaxation of 3 years and five years respectively.

The notification for Civil Services exam will be released on 16/05/2015. If you satisfy the eligibility criteria, you can apply online for the exam at official website of UPSC, www.upsconline.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?