17th July 2011, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

How can girls join as Officers in Indian Army after completing 12th?

hi m chandni. how can we girls join the indian army as officers after completing 12th?

15th August 2011, 07:14 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How can girls join as Officers in Indian Army after completing 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi m chandni. how can we girls join the indian army as officers after completing 12th?
No girls are not eligible to apply for the Indian Army as an officer after the completion of their 10+2. Only male candidates can apply for the Indian Army as an officer after the 10+2 through national defence academy examination.

But you can apply for the Indian Army as an officer after the completion of your graduation as an officer through combined defence service examination.
This examination is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. To apply for this examination a candidate needs the following eligibility criteria.

Education Qualification
For the CDS examination candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. For the Indian Air force and navy candidate should have physics and maths at 10+2.
Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.

Age Limit
For the CDS examination candidate age should be between

For IMA 19 - 24 years

For NA 19 - 22 years

For AFA 19 - 23 years

For OTA 19 - 25 years

For more information on CDS examination visit at the below web site
www.upsc.gov.in
15th August 2011, 07:23 PM
saurav9889

Default Re: How can girls join as Officers in Indian Army after completing 12th?

girls cannot sit for nda exam after class 12th.hence you cant apply for defense services directly after 12th.
but you can certainly sit for combined defense services exam after completing your graduation.also female candidates can apply for non permanent commision officers and officers in technical duty after completing engg. graduation through the ekt exam conducted by airforce and navy twice a year.
15th August 2011, 07:35 PM
Sehwag6

Default Re: How can girls join as Officers in Indian Army after completing 12th?

no girls are not eligible for army

try with any other field

all the best
15th August 2011, 07:36 PM
Sehwag6

Thumbs up Re: How can girls join as Officers in Indian Army after completing 12th?

no girls are not eligible for army

try with any other field

for further details www.upsc.gov.in

all the best
15th August 2011, 08:18 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

definitely girls can c join Indian army.

But girls can't join Indian Army after 12th through NDA exam.

only boys are allow for the NDA exam.

girls can join in Indian army after graduation.

to join in Indian army, you have to write UPSC exam.

through UPSC exam, you can join in Indian army.

the criteria to attain in the UPSC exam is

1>minimum graduation in qualification with 55% marks.

2>age limit 21-29 years.

all the best.............
18th August 2011, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

so that means girls have no scope to become officers in army airforce or navy
30th November 2011, 06:53 PM
litunu

girls are not eligible to apply for the Indian Army as an officer after the completion of their 10+2. Only male candidates can apply for the Indian Army as an officer after the 10+2 through national defence academy examination.

But you can apply for the Indian Army as an officer after the completion of your graduation as an officer through combined defence service examination.
This examination is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. To apply for this examination a candidate needs the following eligibility criteria.

Education Qualification
For the CDS examination candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. For the Indian Air force and navy candidate should have physics and maths at 10+2.
Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.

good luck
15th December 2011, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

where are this exams held? where are the forms avilable? what are the subjects which needs special attention?
27th January 2012, 05:30 PM
krithika.mm

Eligibility for Indian Army :-

1) 10+2 (Through NDA)

You have to take an entry level exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to join NDA (National Defence Academy).
Eligibility for UPSC exam :-
a) Sex :- Male.
b) Age Limit :- Between 16 1/2 and 19.

Application Forms are published in leading
newspapers during March /April.

The UPSC (NDA) exam is conducted twice a year (April and October)in all major cities throughout India.

Each year course start twice January and July.

UPSC (NDA) Syllabus is based on CBSE syllabus.

After clearing the written exam you have to go through a five-day interview process with the State Selection Board (SSB) which is the final step .

On completion of the NDA course, you are sent to the respective service academies for your pre- commission training.

2) Engineering Graduates (Direct Entry)

Engineering graduate can join the Indian Military Academy directly.

So, you only need to attend the Service Selection Board (SSB) interview.

Eligibility :-
Age Limit :- Between 20-27 years at the time of joining.

The course starts every year in the month of January and July.
Advertisement of the application form published in March/April & Oct./Nov in employment newspaper.

You can apply directly to the following address :-
Addl. Directorate General of Recruiting (TGC), Army HQ, West Block III, RK Puram, New Delhi -110066

Its great opportunity to you to serve for your own country,if you have the caliber you must join the Indian Air-force.

There are some selection procedure such as:

Combined Defense Services (CDS) Exam is generally conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) to recuirt the Indian Military Academy(IMA), Officers Training Academy(OTA), Naval Academy and Air Force Academy(AFA)

Generally,the notice is published in the month of March and September every year.

Eligibility Criteria:

i)19 to 23 years

ii)19 to 25 years for CPL Holders which is issued by DGCA ,India.

Upper age limit is relaxed up to 25 years.

Marital Status:

You have to be Single.

Nationality:

You have to be Indian

Men and women can apply for the examination.

Educational Qualifications

1:You have to be Graduate of 3 years course in any discipline from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

2. Final year students can also apply,having no backlog and minimum 60 % aggregate marks in the previous year's semesters.

keep visiting the official site:http://careerairforce.nic.in

All the best!!
27th January 2012, 10:04 PM
anlakshmi

No, girls are not eligible to apply for Indian Army after completion of 12th class. Only male candidates are eligible for Indian Army after completion of 12th class.

If you are interested to join in Indian Army then you are eligible to apply for CDS Exam after completion of your graduation in any stream from a recognized university.
29th January 2012, 12:04 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Yes you can do directly after 12th .
yest it will benificial to you if you have graduation degree , for doing MBA
29th January 2012, 12:06 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hey friend........., its always good to choose options for combinations which are interrelated.And which you are thinking,are the best options in the related field.You have chosen CA ,and it is of course not necessary to persue BCom ,along with it,but its good if you choose it as it will further help in doing MBA after CA if you want as its manadatory requirement for MBA to be a graduate degree holder.Also if in future ,on the safer side you should opt Bcom rather than any discipline as it matches your previous subjects because while doing CA you have to work very hard,and you are not sure for the success until and unless you complete it fully.SO KINDLY DO YOUR GRADUATION ALONG WITH CA.AND AFTER THAT YOU CAN OF COURSE DO MBA AS PER YOUR INTEREST TO STUDY.
28th February 2012, 01:53 AM
chandler8161

Sorry Mam,

You are not eligible for joining Indian Defense Forces at this qualification.

As I see, you have completed your 12th class, now do graduation in any discipline.

After being a graduate, you can apply via the CDS exam.

Its forms are available in January and july

Best Of Luck
31st May 2012, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Hello!! I Am Pooja I want to become education officer in army give me some advice PLZ!!!!!!!
1st June 2012, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

HOW CAN A ENGENERING GRADUATE CAN BECOME ARMY OFFICER
19th July 2012, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

How can join the army after the gradution(b.c a) and my age is 24
20th December 2013, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

I Maya patil 12thpass from commerce stream want to join indian army please tell me how? thank u....
20th February 2015, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

I kiran 12th pass from arts stream want to join indian army plz tell me how?plz thank you.......
20th February 2015, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

Hi i kiran 12th pasd from arts stream want to join indian army plz tell me how?plz and thank you....
7th April 2015, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

Want to join Indian army cive done my graduation in bba want to join Indian army
23rd July 2015, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
What is the procedure to join indian army plz tell me
21st January 2017, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

If An army createa a difference between male an with regards to opportunity in army than how you can say that girls and boys are equal the country is providing equal opportunities to both....so please provide girls also a chance to fulfill their dreams
9th June 2017, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

I have done B. Sc . What is the scope for me to get an entry at officer level in Indian army?
24th June 2018, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I join as an army officer after completing my graduation in B pharmacy?????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?