6th June 2015, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

How can I apply for government job after pursuing B.Tech from AICTE approved college

i am pursueing b.tech from AICTE approved college with the discipline of electrical and eletronics and i,m in 4th year. how can i apply for government jobs?

6th June 2015, 11:15 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for government job after pursuing B.Tech from AICTE approved college

Being a fourth year of electrical and electronics engineering, you are eligible for the government job entrance exams.

You must satisfy the age criteria for the jobs. Some of the most suitable entrance exams for which you can apply are:

1. Engineering Services exam.

You can apply for this exam at www.upsconline.nic.in. The age limit is 21-30 years for general candidates.

Important dates for the 2015 IES is over.

2. Civil Services examination: The application for 2015 is going on. You can apply at UPSC site.

3. You are also eligible for the SSC Combined Graduate level exam.

You can apply for any exam mentioned above as per your wish.
6th June 2015, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I apply for government job after pursuing B.Tech from AICTE approved college

Sir I am Md Mijanur Molla. My (WBJEE ) rank (in pharmacy) in General catagory is 67977 and in OBC-A catagory is 3455. Sir can I take an admission in a government pharmacy college?
6th June 2015, 12:57 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

For government jobs there are various sources which you can consider. Let us discuss some of these-

1) Employment news- It is the most trusted and the most significant source of the government jobs. All the central level and the state level jobs are available through the employment news.

2) There are various online forums which you can consider. Some of them are-
- Sarkarinaukri.com
- freejobalerts.com
- naukri.com
- shine.com
- monster.com

3) Also, you can give GATE exam. Narly all the PSU's recruit through the exam. leading - PSU's like-
- NTPC
- ONGC
- PGCIL
- HPCL
- IOCL
- GPSEC

recruit on the basis of GATE score.

4) Also, you can give separate PSU's exam which are conducted like-
- BARC
- NPCIL
- NMDC
etc.
6th June 2015, 03:27 PM
arunpcst

I think you have a lots of opportunities in government job .you should have visit on government job sites where there are a lots of job for b.tech students, and apply it.
6th June 2015, 04:17 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Candidate who have completed B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering can work in both in electrical and electronics engineering fields. There are several government jobs which are available in these fields.

Jobs in Government Sector:

Graduates in B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering can look for a good career in government sector. They can attend several government exams conducted by UPSC, SSC, and Railway Recruitment Board for getting better jobs in the government sector. There are lots of job opportunities for these graduates in public sector banking. Some of them are Probationary Officer, Loan Officer, and Credit Officer. These graduates can apply for the jobs in several fields in government sector. Some of those fields are given below:

Bio medical electronics
Electric Power Station
Signal Processing
Telecommunication systems
Transportation
Energy Operation and Distribution
Industrial Process Control
Section Engineering
Electrical Divisional Engineering etc.
6th June 2015, 05:53 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, of course, you can apply for the government job entrance exams after completing your bachelor's degree in electronics and electrical engineering from a AICTE approved college.

Some of the exams for which you can apply after completion of B.Tech or in final year of engineering:

For public sector undertaking jobs like IOCL, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL, ISRO etc, you can apply for Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering and try to secure a good rank.

You can apply for the following UPSC entrance exams:

>>Civil Services exams.

>>Engineering Services exams.

>>Combined Defense Services.

>>Central Armed Police Force exam.

Online application for all the above exams can be done at the official website of UPSC that is www.upsconline.nic.in.

Online application for Civil Services exams is going on. You can see the examination calendar for further exams.

You are also eligible and can apply for the Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate level exam at the official website www.ssconline.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?