7th August 2011, 07:06 PM
dinnuj

How can I apply for IPCC without writing CPT exam?

sir my name is dinesh at present i am pursuing my b com (comp) final year so i wanted to know that can i apply for ipcc for november without writing cpt exam?????

7th August 2011, 11:02 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for IPCC without writing CPT exam?

hi dear.
there are some notification by icai like.
*commerce graduate 55% mark
& non commerce students 60% mark .
till now this notification is not granted only declared by president of icai.
for more details you can visit website http://www.icai.nic.in

good luck........
7th August 2011, 11:34 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinnuj View Post
sir my name is dinesh at present i am pursuing my b com (comp) final year so i wanted to know that can i apply for ipcc for november without writing cpt exam?????
Dear Friend,
There is no way to join IPCC without writing the CPT examination.It is in effect from the year 2006-2007.
So CPT is the entry test for the CA course.And if you want to join CA course you have to appear for the CPT examination.
For more details you can visit to the website http://www.icai.com.

Best Wishes...
20th August 2011, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

please confirm date cpt on line exam 2011september or octomber
25th August 2011, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

Sir plz tell m after bcom will become the ipcc exam
29th August 2011, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

can i appear in IPCC test-2012 i hv done my graduation in 2005 with 37%
6th September 2011, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am doing my first year b.com ,i have gave three attempts in cpt but i failed to clear it.my dream is to do ca,i hered that after completing b.com can do directedly ipcc.is it true ,then plz tell the procedure how to join
10th September 2011, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

Hi i got this information form past 4 months, and when the govt will release that the degree holder can also directly take IPCC is it true because we are in confusion if they decide we can go for another cource or IPCC please any one repley me. if govt will definetly pass this i am not going to take any other course because am very interested in this course thank u
11th September 2011, 08:22 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,
There is no way to directly join IPCC of CA course with out appearing for the CPT examination.CPT is the entry level test of CA course.So if you want to join CA course then you have to appear for the CPT examination.For more details you can check the official website of CA which is I have listed below.

http://www.icai.org

Best Wishes.....
14th September 2011, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

i am already register and attend ca cpt exames at 3 times. but i have failed. and i willing to register ipcc. because i am completed for B.COM graduate. please when i will register ipcc exame and last date for registration. please inform me. its useful for graduate.thank you
20th September 2011, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

my name is Bhupendra kumar i have done bba this year
please tell me can i take direct admission in ipcc in 2012 or not.
26th September 2011, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

I have completed the M.com with 62.00%. Can I apply for CA IPCC registration directly for November 2012 exam
Phone NO-8010431075
email [email protected]
Name-Pradeep Shukla
Add:- 13, Bhai Veer Singh Marg Gole Market New Delhi-110001
30th September 2011, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

i have completed the b.com 58% .Can i apply for CA IPCC registration directly for november 2012
Phone no 09467772679
E-Mail [email protected]
Name sandeep kundu
ADD H.no77-j/3 Anup Nager, Badshi Road Ganaur(SNP)131101
4th December 2011, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir, i am in tybcom for the yr 2011-12 i want to do registration for ipcc in current year, i will give exam after passing tybcom with eligible %(like reg. For cpt after 10th) .can i do? (please send me ans. On my email id.([email protected]) )
24th December 2011, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

sir, i had M.Com 2008 now i enroled cpt 2010 june but i did not wrote the cpt exam , present can i write the exam ? What is present rules
15th January 2012, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

can i apply IPCC registration without writing CPT exam after completed B.COM second part
10th February 2012, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

When is online CPT entrance exam for the year 2012 will be conducted - ?
27th February 2012, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

while doing b.com or m in b.com finl,can i apply for ipcc?
27th February 2012, 05:23 PM
ramandeep.2dec

Yes, you can
You can apply for IPCC exam with out taking CPT exam only after the graduation. Last year, this rule is implemented that if you are graduate, then you can apply for IPCC directly without taking CPT exam.
3rd March 2012, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

respected sir/mam,
has the notification passed that after ty bcom we can directly appear for ipcc?is cpt necessary after ty bcom?
please reply soon bcoz if the resolution is not passed i have to register for cpt exam.
thank you.
15th March 2012, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

sir actually this is yamanoor gouda from koppal of karnataka i already completed my degree with 67% but i already wrote 2 time cpt exam,but now i can join directly to ipcc or not please reply me
23rd April 2012, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

Sir,i have appeared in the CPT exam of Dec2011 but i could not be able to clear it.I m in b.com(hons) 2nd year now.After completing my graduation, can i apply for IPCC exam directly without doing CPT?PLEASE REPLY ME SOON...
22nd May 2012, 08:16 AM
Unregistered

sir i am b.com final yr student can i apply ipcc with out c.p.t exam.
11th June 2012, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

dear sir, Iam Amruta i hv compltd my degree n hv appeard cpt for 2 times nw can i directly register fr Ipcc? PLS REPLY SOON SIR
25th August 2012, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

the total registration fees of ipcc is how much ?
12th August 2013, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

What the aggregate percent needed in b.com. To enter in c.a without cpt
13th August 2013, 01:49 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What the aggregate percent needed in b.com. To enter in c.a without cpt
To get direct admission in CA-IPCC Stage you need to fulfill the below conditions:

Commerce Graduates needs to score minimum aggregate of 55% marks in B.COM to get exemption from appearing in the CPT exams.

A candidates can get exemption from giving the CPT exams if he/she has studied atleast 3 papers from the below list of papers.
Accounting,
Auditing,
Mercantile Laws,
Corporate Laws,
Economics,
Management including Financial Management,
Taxation including Direct Tax Laws, Indirect Tax Laws etc.,
Costing,
Business Administration,
Management Accounting

For Non Commerce Graduates, if they have scored more than 60% marks in Graduation, they get exemption from appearing in the CPT exams and get direct admission in the IPCC stage
13th August 2013, 10:53 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
No,you will not be eligible to write for IPCC Course of Charted Accountancy.For writing the IPCC Exam you should be passed out in Bachelor degree course,that is in your B.com.There are also certain eligibility conditions that required to fulfill for taking admission in IPCC Course.These are :

~Your minimum age should be 17 years.
~You should be passed out in B.com with a minimum of 50% marks.
~For candidates who are not from Commerce background should have a minimum of 60% marks in Bachelor degree course.

But you can appear for CPT Course if you have taken admission in CPT Course.CPT is the foundation course.It is a three month course.Under this course you will have to study four subjects,these are :
  1. Accounting.
  2. Mercantile Laws.
  3. Economics.
  4. Quantitative Aptitude.
I will suggest you to first complete your B.Com course and then you can take admission in this course.This course will be of six month duration and after six month you will have to give its final exam.In IPCC Final year you will have to get a minimum of 50% marks in each group.You will also have to get a minimum of 40% marks in each paper.IPCC Course will be divided into two sections.Its details are :

Group I
  • Financial Accounting.
  • Laws,Ethics and Governance.
  • Direct Taxation.
  • Cost Accounting and Financial Management.
Group II
  • Operation Management and Information System.
  • Cost and Management Accountancy.
  • Indirect Taxation.
  • Company Accounts and Audit.
13th August 2013, 08:42 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Hai friend
If you have completed graduation then you can apply for IPCC without writing CPT exam.And the candidates can directly join into the second level of CA course that is the IPCC without appearing for the CPT exam.If you have not completed graduation then you must attend the CPT exam.After qualifying in the CPT exam,then only you are allowed to join in IPCC course.
So,if you are a graduate you need not appear for the CPT exam and if you are not a graduate you must attend and qualify in the CPT exam to join in the IPCC course.
Thank You
14th August 2013, 08:43 AM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:

Hi,

No , you cannot apply for IPCC while you are pursuing B.Com., because for IPCC, you should complete B.com.

IPCC can be joined only after completing B.Com.

A candidate who has done Bachelor of commerce can apply for IPCC exams and he can get exemption from CPT ( Common Proficiency Test ) for joining CA course.

Through IPCC, a B. Com. student can get admission in direct intermediate level of Chartered Accountancy course.

To be eligible for IPCC --

You should be B.Com graduate with minimum 55% aggregate marks.

You should have studied atleast three of any of these papers in B.com –

Accounting
Auditing
Mercantile laws
Corporate Laws
Economics
Taxation
Business Administration
Financial management
Management Accounting

So, you can apply for IPCC exams once you complete B.Com.
14th August 2013, 11:42 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There are two conditions for applying directly for CA IPCC. You have to fulfill one of the conditions if you want to apply for CA IPCC directly without appearing for CPT.

Following candidates will be exempted from CA CPT:

Candidates with Graduation in Commerce with 55% marks from a recognized University

OR

Candidates with Graduation in Non Commerce subjects with 60% marks from a recognized University.

Thus you can now decide whether you are eligible for it or not. If yes then apply for CA IPCC and get registered for the course.

If not then register yourself for CPT and qualify it.

CA CPT Subjects:

-Accounting

-Mercantile Laws

-General Economics

-Quantitative Aptitude

CA IPCC Subjects:

-Accounting

-Business Laws, Ethics and Communication

-Cost Accounting and Financial Management

-Taxation

-Advanced Accounting

-Auditing and Assurance

-Information Technology and Strategic Management

For more information visit http://www.icai.org
14th August 2013, 01:46 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Dinesh,

The Acronym "CPT" stands for Common Proficiency Test whereas the acronym "IPCC" stands for Integrated Professional Competent Course.

yes , if a candidate has completed graduation with a minimum of 55% marks in any stream , then he/she can directly apply for the IPCC without clearing the Common Proficiency Test.

There are two conditions in which you can apply for the IPCC without giving CPT :

1) The candidate must have completed graduation in commerce stream with a minimum of 50% marks from any recognized college/university. OR,

2) The candidate must have completed graduation in any stream with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized college/university.

** Relaxation of 5% marks is given to those candidates who belong to Reserved Categories.

So , since you are in the final year of B.Com , try to secure a minimum of 50% marks to set yourself eligible for direct application of IPCC.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
14th August 2013, 02:29 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Yes it is possible to skip the Common Proficiency Test and instead directly take admission for the IPCC course. However under the rules of ICAI, it can only be done if you meet the specific requirement. The requirement is percentage of marks in the graduation course.

Exemption Criteria

1. You should have 55 percent marks in Commerce graduation.

2. Non Commerce graduates should have 60 percent marks.

Now if you can complete the Bachelor of Commerce course with 55 percent marks, then you can apply directly for the IPCC. Otherwise you should appear for the Common Proficiency Test.

The Common Proficiency Test is conducted in June and December only. There are two sections in the Common Proficiency Test.

Group 1

Fundamentals of Accounting (60 Marks)
Mercantile Laws (40 marks)

Group 2

Economics(50 Marks)
Quantitative Aptitude(50 Marks)

You need to score 30 percent marks in each section to clear the Common Proficiency Test after that you can take admission for the IPCC. Then after 9 months of study you can give first group exams of IPCC.

After clearing the first group you should apply for the 3 years Articleship which should be followed by second group of IPCC. The final course can be given after completing 30 months of articleship.
14th August 2013, 09:08 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend
As a Commerce Graduate you need to score minimum aggregate of 55%
marks in B.COM to join in IPCC without. appearing for the CPT exams.
And to get exemption from giving the CPT exams and to join in IPCC course directly you must studied atleast three papers from the following subjects :
-->Accounting
-->Auditing
-->Mercantile Laws
-->Corporate Laws
-->Economics
-->Costing
-->Business Administration
-->Management Accounting

If you are not a commerce graduate,then you must have 60% to get exemption from the CPT exams. If you have less than 60%,then you must attend and qualify the CPT exam,then only you are eligible to do the IPCC course.

After qualifying in the IPCC exam,you will have articleship training.And then you are eligible to do the final CA course.

Thank You
15th August 2013, 09:26 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend........

Yes it is possible to skip the Common Proficiency Test and instead directly take admission for the IPCC course. However under the rules of ICAI, it can only be done if you meet the specific requirement. The requirement is percentage of marks in the graduation course.

Eligibility Criteria

1. You should have 55 percent marks in Commerce graduation.

2. Non Commerce graduates should have 60 percent marks.

Now if you can complete the Bachelor of Commerce course with 55 percent marks, then you can apply directly for the IPCC. Otherwise you should appear for the Common Proficiency Test.

The Common Proficiency Test is conducted in June and December only. There are two sections in the Common Proficiency Test.

Group 1

Fundamentals of Accounting (60 Marks)
Mercantile Laws (40 marks)

Group 2

Economics(50 Marks)
Quantitative Aptitude(50 Marks)

You need to score 30 percent marks in each section to clear the Common Proficiency Test after that you can take admission for the IPCC. Then after 9 months of study you can give first group exams of IPCC.

After clearing the first group you should apply for the 3 years Articleship which should be followed by second group of IPCC. The final course can be given after completing 30 months of articleship.

All the best...........
6th May 2014, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

whats about ITT and orientation....can I do ITT and Orientation after articleship...????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?