14th February 2013, 11:35 AM
v.jagan

How can I apply for SBI PO exam? I am pursuing B.Tech ECE

sir i am pursuing 4-b.tech ece now i have any chance to apply for sbi po exam

Related Questions:
  1. How to apply for 2 months internship while pursuing B.Tech in ECE trade?
  2. Which country and college is the best for ECE? I am pursuing B.Tech in ECE
  3. How to do summer internship after 6th semester? I am pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in ECE
  4. Required Percentage of Marks to apply for Indian Navy being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE?
  5. How can I apply for various companies while pursuing B.Tech from ECE
  6. How to prepare for IT jobs after pursuing B.Tech in ECE stream?
  7. Which summer training program would be best for me? I am pursuing B.Tech in ECE stream
  8. Can I apply for SBI PO Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year BCA? When will I be able to apply for this Exam?
  9. Which Job Opportunities I can apply pursuing final year of Diploma in ECE and with an aggregate of 70%?
  10. List of companies offering summer internship after pursuing B.Tech ECE?
  11. Which Jobs are correct choice for me being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech course in ECE stream?
  12. Which engineering stream should I choose among ECE, CSE and IT? Which one would be comfortable for girls? -- [New]
  13. How can I apply for Internship in IIT being a B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student from UPTU college?
  14. How should I get into ISRO pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE and having good academic result in 10th and 12th class? When will be the Exam conducted for this? Whey ISRO will take B.Tech students?
  15. Can I apply for SBI Clerk Exam having scored 55% in 12th class and pursuing final year of BCA course?
  16. Which B.Tech course should I pursue among ECE, IT and CSE? Which provides better opportunity and will be easier for girls?
  17. How to get into government sector after completing B.Tech degree in CSE with 65%?
  18. Can I apply for SBI PO exam after passing B.Tech final year -- [Most Discussed]
23rd June 2013, 12:36 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for SBI PO exam? I am pursuing B.Tech ECE

Hai,

The acronym for SBI is State Bank of India.

The minimum educational qualification for SBI PO is graduation in any discipline. Now you are in 4th b.tech so after completion of your graduation you are eligible for SBI PO.

Eligibility details:-

The applicant should have to complete graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

No need of percentage restrictions to apply this exam.

Applicant should be an Indian origin.

Age criteria:-

The age limits are 21 years to 30 years,

3 years upper age relaxation for OBC candidates,

5 years upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidates,

10 years upper age relaxation for PWD candidates.

Selection process:-

Written exam,

Group discussion,

Personal interview.

Syllabus:-

General english,

Reasoning,

General awareness, marketing and computer knowledge,

Data analysis and interpretation.

More information visit below website
www.sbi.co.in

All the best.
23rd June 2013, 01:21 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.................

Eligibility for PO:

Educational qualification:

Any degree from recognized university.

Age Criteria:

Minimum: 20 years

Maximum: 30 years

Upper age relaxation for reserved category candidates is as follows:

3 years for OBC.

5 years for SC.

10 years for PWD.

Selection process:-

Written exam,

Personal interview.

Syllabus for written exam:-

General english,

Reasoning,

Numerical ability,

Marketing aptitude,

General awareness/Computer knowledge.
23rd June 2013, 06:12 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

But why do you want to apply for the banking job. You are completing Electronics and Communication Engineering. It is one of the best Engineering branches and therefore you don't really have to apply for banking exam.

There are lots of opportunities for you related to ECE. You can apply for the Indian Engineering Service entrance exam or you can find job in Public Sector Undertaking. Almost all the PSU companies hire ECE graduates.

The percentage required in graduation to apply for the State Bank of India PO exam is same as for the PSU. Therefore if you are eligible for Bank PO, then you are also eligible for the PSU. In that case you should only apply for job in the Public Sector Undertaking.

If you are still interested in SBI PO then you will have to complete the graduation successfully to apply for it. State Bank of India is the largest bank in India with maximum number of branches that are also located outside the country.

Among the Public Sector banks in India, State Bank of India is the only one which conducts its own entrance exams. Other are dependent on Institute of Banking Personnel Services to do the job.

SBI Bank PO Eligibility

1. Your nationality should be Indian.

2. A bachelor's degree from any recognized college.

3. No less than 65 percent marks in graduation.

4. SC/ST need 60 percent marks.

5. Must have computer operating skills.

6. Your age should be 21 to 30 years to apply.

7. There is maximum of 3 years relaxation for OBC.

8. SC/ST get up to 5 years relaxation.
23rd June 2013, 06:57 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After completion of B.Tech. Degree in ECE, you are eligible for SBI P.O. Exam.

SBI P.O. - State Bank of India Probationary Officer exam conducted by SBI every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream of Education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate. The candidate should be a computer literate one.

The selection is through written exam followed by Personal Interview.

For more information you may log on to http://www.statebankofindia.com
23rd June 2013, 09:51 PM
Padmavathi.nallam
Member+

Hello Friend,
First of all you have to complete the graduation successfully to apply for it. State Bank of India is the largest bank in India with maximum number of branches that are also located outside the country.

Among the Public Sector banks in India, State Bank of India is the only one which conducts its own entrance exams. Other are dependent on Institute of Banking Personnel Services to do the job.

SBI Bank PO Eligibility

1. Your nationality should be Indian.

2. A bachelor's degree from any recognized college.

3. No less than 65 percent marks in graduation.

4. SC/ST need 60 percent marks.

5. Must have computer operating skills.

6. Your age should be 21 to 30 years to apply.

7. There is maximum of 3 years relaxation for OBC.
Way of preparation:
There 4 sections in SBI PO Exam.
1. Reasoning
2. Data Analysis & Interpretation
3. English Language
4. General Awareness/Marketing/Computer Knowledge

All sections carry 50 marks.

1. Reasoning: Questions are related to following topics.

Syllogism: There will be 2 or 3 statements followed by 2 conclusions. You have to take the given statements to be true and then decide which of given conclusions logically follows from given statements.

Data Sufficiency: One question followed by 2 statements will be given. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question.

Coding – Decoding: Some data will be given with its codes. Ex: book is coded as hlt. You have to answer the questions based on the given codes.

Seating Arrangement: Some information will be provided related the seating positions. you have to figure out correct seating arrangement based on given data and answer the questions. If you can prepare the seating arrangement, you can easily answer the question. You have to concentrate more to solve this type of questions.

Greater than, Less than, Equality Relationship: Statements contain the relationship between different elements will be shown. You have to decide whether the Conclusions given follows the relation given in statements

There will be some single items {Please refer previous exam papers to know more)

Statement & Arguments: Statements and arguments will be given. You have to decide which of given arguments are strong and which are weak argument related to the given statement.

Statement & Course of Action: Some situation will be given in statement followed by course of actions. You have to decide which of given course of actions logically follows for pursuing.

Blood Relations: Based on given blood relationships, you to answer the questions.

Non Verbal Reasoning: 4 question figures will be given. You have to decide which among the answer figures follows as 5th figure.

To get good marks in SBI PO Exam, You have to practice more. Reasoning section is toughest section compare to any other section in my point of view because if cant concentrate at that point of time, you will loose marks even though you know the procedure to solve that question. So, sleep well before the exam. This is very important to answer reasoning section. Why i am saying this is, i have seen many candidates traveling at night before the exam day. It may sound silly for some of you, but it is true. You cant solve questions if don’t sleep well. Ok..

2. Data Analysis & Interpretation:

To score good marks in this section, you have to be quick in solving mathematical calculations. First, learn mathematical tables from 2 to 20. Many might have forgot the tables after 12 or 13. So, read them first. Know some shortcuts from your seniors. I have posted some tricks in Quantitative Aptitude section.

We can expect all the questions on data analysis. Iam not expecting any quantitative aptitude questions like, time and work type of questions.

Data Analysis & Interpretation mainly contains, Pie Charts, Bar Diagrams, Tables, Graphs, Probability & Data Analysis.

Just practice 30 previous PO exam papers to quickly solve questions of Data Analysis & Interpretation.

3. English Language

Comprehension Passage, Cloze test, Meanings & Opposite Words, Common Errors, Grammatical Errors, Filling the blanks, Rearranging sentences to form meaning paragraph. I am expecting 2 Comprehension passages.

I recommend you to read comprehensions, if you have time at last, because if you are not able to understand in the middle of the passage, your time will be wasted. If you want to answer early, Dont spend too much of time for it. Set some time for it and follow the same. Many canidates spending too much of time to read passages. If you are also like that, it is better to skip it and answer the Meanings and Opposite words questions just by reading the bold sentence. I strongly recommend you to learn the grammer part as much you can. If you are good at grammar, you can answer easily within less amount of time. It is very important in PO exams, that you have to know which things you have to leave. You cant solve all the question 2 hours. So, plan it before the exam. If you are taking too much of time while practicing for some type of questions, try to find ways to solve in less and learn shortcuts from friends. If there is no way to reduce the time to solve that particular type of question, just leave it. OK..

There will be 20 questions from grammar section. If you can answer at least 15, you will be in safe zone. I recommend all of you to write notes. Collect 30 previous PO exam papers, buy a note book and note down the error in particular sentence. Read all the things that you have wrote before the exam day. Revision is very important for English.

Cloze test is also easy part if you read previous papers.

4. General Awareness/Marketing/Computer Knowledge:

For marketing and computer knowledge, preparing previous papers is enough. Also focus on MS office tools.

5.Descriptive: Descriptive paper contains, Letter Writing, Precise Writing & Questions based on comprehension passage. I will try to post some models. Ok..

Overall, I recommend you to practice Previous 30 Bank PO exam papers for All Sections.

All The Best!..
23rd June 2013, 11:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.jagan View Post

Educational qualification required for SBI PO exam is bachelor degree , not require any kind of percentage marks for SBI PO recruitment .Final year of the candidate are applicable for SBI PO Exam.

You have completed graduation degree so you are applicable for SBI PO Exam.

No , Final year B-Tech candidate are not applicable for SBI PO Exam but after completion of your B-Tech degree you are eligible for SBI PO Exam .

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.Age relaxation for Reserved Candidate are given below-

For SC/ST: - 5 Years Relaxation
For OBC: - 3 Years Relaxation
For VH/OH (Gen):- 10 Years Relaxation
For VH/OH (SC/ST):- 15 Years Relaxation
For VH/OH (OBC):- 13 Years Relaxation

Selection Process :-

Phase-I :- Written Examination (Objective & Descriptive Paper)
Phase-II :- Group Discussion & Interview

Pattern for SBI PO Exam is given below , you should prepare well of all topics of SBI PO Exam.

Computer Knowledge
Reasoning Ability & General Intelligence
General Awareness
General English
Quantitative Aptitude

There is a descriptive papers in SBI PO exam .Descriptive papers covers the following topics:-

Comprehension
Short pres dis
Letter writing
Essay

For notification or on line application click on the link www.sbi.co.in OR www.statebankofindia.com
24th June 2013, 10:59 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
The basic minimum qualification required to sit for the SBI PO Examination is a graduate degree. Since you are already pursuing a B.Tech degree therefore after completing graduation you can easily apply for this examination without an iota of doubt.

Basically for the recruitment of Probationary Officers, SBI looks for graduates. So the degree can be attained in any discipline from a recognized university. All they want is a valid degree. The minimum marks to acquire at grad level too has not been mentioned.

Your minimum age should not be less than 21 years when applying for this examination and the upper age limit for general category candidates is 30 years. There is relaxation for the following categories:-
  1. SC/ST Candidates: 5 years
  2. OBC Candidates: 3 years
  3. Physically Disabled Candidates: 10 years
  4. Ex-servicemen of Military: 5 years
  5. Domiciled in J&K (01/01/1980-31/12/1989)- 5 years

For the post of probationary officers it is important to know how to do the basic work in computer. At least the operating knowledge should be there. It helps if you have got a certificate on computer operation to prove your computer skills.

SBI PO is a paper-based test which consists of 2 successive stages:-
  • Written Examination (Objective + Descriptive Test)
  • Group Discussion + Interview Session

In the objective paper there is four sections and from each section 50 questions will be asked. You will get two hours to complete the whole paper. Give stress on the following areas: English Language, General Knowledge Computer Awareness, Data Interpretation and Analysis and Logical Reasoning.

For the descriptive paper you will get 60 mins to complete the paper and this paper mainly aims at testing the candidates English Language skills. Questions will be on English Composition (Essay, Precis, Letter Writing etc.

Hope this helps :-> :->
25th June 2013, 11:29 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

YES, you can apply for the SBI PO exams.

Below is the Eligibilty Criteria for the SBI PO exams:

Education-
Graduation pass in any stream.
No minimum percentage of marks is required in Graduation

Age-
Minimum 21 years
Maximum- 30 years

Age Relaxations;
OBC- 3 years
SC/ST- 5 years

Chances:
General candidates- 4 times
OBC candidates- 7 times

Questions will be asked from the below sections:
Test of English Language (Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension etc)
Test of General Awareness, Marketing and Computers
Test of Data Analysis and Interpretation
Test of Reasoning (High Level)
26th June 2013, 07:15 PM
Chirag17
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How can I apply for SBI PO exam? I am pursuing B.Tech ECE

Quote:

yes , you are eligible for SBI PO exam

SBI Bank PO Eligibility :-

A candidate must have completed their Graduation Study in any Discipline from Recognized Universities

Final years students also eligible for this exam

You have knowledge about basic computer handling.

Age Limit should be between 21-30 years for general category

For SC/ST: 35 years

For OBC: 33 years

For PWD: 10 years

Citizen of india

Exam Pattern:

Phase I:
  • Objective Test of English Language, General Awareness, Data analysis and interpretation, Reasoning (200 Marks)
  • Descriptive test of English Language (comprehension, small outline, article and letter writing) 50 Marks
Phase II:
  • Group Discussion 20 Marks
  • Group Discussion (Rural) 10 Marks
  • Interview 30 Marks
  • Experience 10 Marks
  • The exam will be conducted in various centers in almost all parts of India.

Good Luck
28th June 2013, 02:00 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

SBI recruit Probationary Officer Every year for the post of Bank PO. this exam is being conducted by the National Banks of India. 19 Public Sector banks are participating in this exam....

A candidate who are aspiring to attain SBI PO Exam must have to completed at least their Bachelor Degree in any discipline can apply for this exam....

This exam is conducted in mainly two phase 1). Written Exam and 2). Personal Interview & GD.....

Eligibility and Criteria:

$$ The candidate should be a graduate or equivalent

$$ must have knowledge about basic computer handling.

$$ Age Limit should be between 21-30 years for general category...

$$ Other Backward Classes: 33 years

$$ Persons With Disabilities: 40 years

$$ Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe: 35 years

$$ Ex-Servicemen: 35 years

Exam Pattern:

Phase I:

►► Objective Test of English Language, General Awareness, Data analysis and interpretation, Reasoning (200 Marks)

►► Descriptive test of English Language (comprehension, small outline, article and letter writing) 50 Marks

Phase II:

►► Group Discussion 20 Marks

►► Interview 30 Marks

►► Experience 10 Marks

►► The exam will be conducted in various centers in almost all parts of India.

All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?