12th August 2012, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

How can i become a Doctor?

How can I become a doctor....please give me tips on how to become one

12th August 2012, 09:13 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can i become a Doctor?

It is good that you want to become doctor because several health department reports suggest that we are way short of required doctors in India. Today Medical along with the Engineering is one of the most preferred profession in India. To become a doctor you need to complete MBBS degree course which usually takes around 5 1/2 years to complete.

Since Medical is such a popular career in India, it has become so competitive only very few candidates manages to get admission in medical college. The reason being that there are only few thousands medical seats in India. However number of people applying for these seats is well over 1.5 million.

Which is why it is not easy to crack the entrance exam of MBBS. Today, candidates who wish to become doctors, starts taking coaching classes to crack entrance exam from class 11th. This in iteself suggest how competitive are the entrance exams for MBBS.

Eligibility:

You need to complete Class 12th with Biology as one of the subjects.

After completing 12th you can apply for one of the entrace exams mentioned below.

CBSE PMT

The most popular entrance exam for MBBS is CBSE PMT. You may know it as AIPMT. In this exam around 15 percent of government quota seats are on stake. The AIPMT exam is divided into two parts.

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Exam

AFMC Entrance Exam

Armed Forces Medical College or AFMC entrace exam is for 130 seats in the Armed Forces Medical College in Pune. Thousands of candidates appear in the AFMC entrance exam every year. However before you apply let me explain one condition which is part of agreement to get admission in college. After completing MBBS, you will have to serve Indian Army as Commissioned Officers for at least 7 years.

Some of the other exams are:

AIIMS Entrance Exam

DUMET

JIPMER
12th August 2012, 10:36 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Nice to hear that you want to become a doctor in your life.

The things that you have to consider in order to be a doctor are :

* You must have a sound interest in Biology.

* You have passed 12th with biology as your main subject with a minimum of 50% marks from any recognized board.

* You haev to successfully qualify the AIPMT examination which is conducted every year by the Central Board of Secondary Education.

* If you pass in the AIPMT , then you have to go for the 5 years course, completing this you can become a successful doctor.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
12th August 2012, 11:51 AM
raja_1982
Junior Member+

It is good that you want to become doctor because several health department reports suggest that we are way short of required doctors in India. Today Medical along with the Engineering is one of the most preferred profession in India. To become a doctor you need to complete MBBS degree course which usually takes around 5 1/2 years to complete.

Since Medical is such a popular career in India, it has become so competitive only very few candidates manages to get admission in medical college. The reason being that there are only few thousands medical seats in India. However number of people applying for these seats is well over 1.5 million.

Which is why it is not easy to crack the entrance exam of MBBS. Today, candidates who wish to become doctors, starts taking coaching classes to crack entrance exam from class 11th. This in iteself suggest how competitive are the entrance exams for MBBS.

Eligibility:

You need to complete Class 12th with Biology as one of the subjects.

After completing 12th you can apply for one of the entrace exams mentioned below.

CBSE PMT

The most popular entrance exam for MBBS is CBSE PMT. You may know it as AIPMT. In this exam around 15 percent of government quota seats are on stake. The AIPMT exam is divided into two parts.

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Exam

AFMC Entrance Exam

Armed Forces Medical College or AFMC entrace exam is for 130 seats in the Armed Forces Medical College in Pune. Thousands of candidates appear in the AFMC entrance exam every year. However before you apply let me explain one condition which is part of agreement to get admission in college. After completing MBBS, you will have to serve Indian Army as Commissioned Officers for at least 7 years.
12th August 2012, 12:46 PM
nikhu99

Thumbs up Re: How can i become a Doctor?

Dear friend,

It is a good choice to become a Doctor as for your future synophsis.If you want to become a Doctor ,then you have to go through following procedures...........

1.First you have to complete your 12th in science with Biology subject.

2.Your 12th std should be completed from recognised college.

3.Then you have to go for a entrance exam as

*CBSE PMT

*AFMC

*DUMET

*JIPMER etc

If you are able to pass such exam then and then only you can get admissin in Good Medical College and became a doctor.

Good luck..........
12th January 2013, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

See i am only 13 years old i am really scared that i may not get a seat in this colleges .Money is a no problem . Can you give me tips what to do to get a college seat
19th May 2013, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

how much % should one get in AIPMT?
15th January 2014, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

ho
w much percent should you get to get a seat in AFMC?
28th March 2015, 05:36 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

if you have decided to become a doctor in your life then you will have to get admission in 11th std with science streams having physics and biology subjects as a main subjects.

Then you will have to face the entrance exams of AIPMT after the completion of your 12th std.
If you will get good rank in that then you will get a good and reputed college to get admission for the MBBS course and finaly with the help of your hard labour you can become a doctor.

Eligiblity Criteria for AIPMT is:-

The condidate should have passed in your 12th examination with Physics and Biology.
Chemistry and Biology or Mathamatics as compulsory subjects from a recognised board.

The exam pattern is:-

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Exam,

You will have to qualify in both of the above exams separately to get a rank.If you fails to clear any paper you will be considered as disqualified candidates.Hope you understand the concept very well.

Some of the famouse college in which you can get admission through AIPMT are as below--->>

AIIMS,New Delhi,
AIIMS,Patna,
AIIMS,Assam.
AIIMS,Barodra,
AIIMS,Pune.

Apart from the AIIMS a large number of reputed government colleges are there who used to provide the MBBS course and some other courses in the medical field.There is need to get good rank in AIPMT and
get admission as per your rank.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?