28th February 2012, 08:27 PM
dhaiwat18

How can I continue my further education in top universities at U.S.A , U.K or Canada? What's the applying procedure?

i would like to know about how is the procedure for applying to the abroad universities. i m student of science(maths). so how should i search and choose the best of universities at places like u.s.a or u.k or canada. hope that i ould get an reply to this.

Related Questions:
  1. List of top 10 universities of US/UK/Germany to pursue MS programme? Procedure for applying in those universities?
  2. Top universities in USA offering MSc and procedure to apply for it?
  3. List of top universities for B.Tech(Nanotechnology) in USA or Canada?
  4. Procedure to do BDS related studies in USA or UK? What is the procedure to join in USA or UK?
  5. Can I continue CFA course from Canada or USA after completing half the course in India?
  6. Best universities in Canada and USA to choose with 310 GRE marks?
  7. How much score should I get in GRE and TOFEL for applying to top universities for MS in USA? -- [New]
  8. How to study MS in computer science in USA? I have scored 5.58 CGPA in my B.E in computer science
  9. Is GRE exam a good way to enter MIT, USA and other top notch universities? What is the procedure for it?
  10. Eligibility, percentage required, GRE and TOEFL scores, amount and scholarship for MS in Canada?
  11. What would be my destiny for studies Abroad?
  12. How will I have to perform to get into top universities of USA? I will be graduating in May
  13. List of top universities for MS in USA after doing B.Tech? Information of all the universities of USA?
  14. How much TOEFL score should I get in order to get into top 20-30 universities of USA? Which universities are good in Electronics Stream in USA?
  15. Direct admission to MCA after BCA from YCMOU? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. List of universities which offer MDS in USA? Procedure to get admission?
  17. How to apply for MS course from USA? Does work experience helps in getting good college?
  18. Basic requirements to get seat in one of the top universities of USA?
14th May 2012, 12:24 AM
aintgotnoname

Default Re: How can I continue my further education in top universities at U.S.A , U.K or Canada? What's the applying procedure?

First let me know if I am correct in assuming that you are a B.Sc student with Hons. in Maths. If I am correct, then allow me to proceed.

Different countries have different sets of rules. You have to consider each one of them individually. There's NO general criteria.

If you want to get into US, I'm sorry but you need to have a 16 year education before you can think of doing Master of Science in Maths. By 16, I mean, 10, +2 and Bachelors. But almost 99.99 % of American Universities have their Bachelor programs of 4 years. Now our country doesn't have a B. Sc. of 4 years. It's either BE or B.Tech. So basically US is out of options for you.

In Canada and UK, however, most bachelor degrees are completed in 3 years. So you can take your chances there. Keep in mind, most of the Universities in those two countries take admission based on the students academic profile, which means the top Universities in UK or Canada will look at which college you're coming from. If it's a very good college, you will have most your chances in your favor. If not, it's still not a problem, but you just have to do your best to be in the top ten of your college. Nothing big about the college name though, it just weighs a little more in your favor. However, if you are looking for an okay college in those two countries, the college name won't even matter.

And I think you probably have to do good in IELTS or TOEFL.

Here are two links for admission to UK and Canada. Just so you can have an idea of what the general requirements are: -

University of Edinburgh --

http://www.business-school.ed.ac.uk/msc/accounting-finance/eligibility

McGill University Canada ---

http://www.mcgill.ca/psychiatry/education/graduate-program

Hope that helps
28th June 2013, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I continue my further education in top universities at U.S.A , U.K or Canada? What's the applying procedure?

i am student of second year BE. How should i proceed for my further education in abroad? Which classes should i join? and what personality traits should i have?
17th July 2013, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

To the questioner above ^^^

You have to decide where you wanna go before you start doing anything. Like the commenter before you has mentioned, there aren't any general criteria for foreign education. It varies as the country varies. Different countries have different sets of rules.

For ex:

USA has this test called GRE, which is required for pursuing Masters in Science and Engineering in US.

UK has it differently.

Canada has some Universities that require GRE for admission, some don't, they simply take you in on the basis of your merit & academic performance.

So you really need to decide where you wanna go.

As for joining classes, most students in India join GRE classes because most of them wanna end up either in US or in Canada. Aus has different tests. But since I know only about US & Canada, I cannot shed any light of info on you about Aus, UK or any other countries. That's for you to look up.

Wherever you decide to go, one thing know for sure, you gotta be pretty good in your field of expertise if you wanna take admission in a good University anywhere in the world.

NOTE: There are many institutions across India that prepare students for GRE. You might wanna join them. And if you're serious about this, you need to start preparing for it from the beginning of third year.

Hope that helps
17th July 2013, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

I am a second year B.E student.I am looking forward to do my M.S in U.S...What are the requirements that i should acquire to continue my M.S in U.S?? Do i get any scholarships to get into one of the top colleges?? What are the entrance exams that i am supposed to take up??
27th November 2013, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

i want to do post doctoral in sociology from usa ,uk canada or some western country .is there any scholarship available there for indian student
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?