22nd October 2016, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

How can I get admission in NIT or IIT having 75% in HS? How much is the OBC reservation?

Sir I am Jayanta. My percentage in HS is 75 and in bsc is 78. I want to do engineering from an nit or IIT. Please give me some information by which I can get admission and also sent me about the exam details. I am from Assam and cota in obc.

22nd October 2016, 09:46 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission in NIT or IIT having 75% in HS? How much is the OBC reservation?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination. JEE is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education. JEE has two stages JEE Main and Advanced. JEE Main scorecard is used to take admission in National Institute of Technology and those who qualify JEE Main and are in top 2 lacs candidates are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced whose scorecard is used for admission for Indian Institute of Technology.

There are three consecutive attempts for JEE Main and two consecutive attempts for JEE Advanced. First attempt is in year in which you appear for board exam of 10+2. As you have done Bachelor of science, you are no longer eligible for JEE exam. You can apply for either private engineering exams like SRMEEE, VITEEE or state level engineering exam to get admission in engineering.

Reservation quota is 27% for OBC NCL, 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and 3% for PWD candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?