26th May 2011, 08:41 AM
supriya27

Will I get the benefit of OBC category if my father's income is 6 Lakhs/Annum?

respected sir , i wanted to know regarding obc reservation in iit . My fathers income is 6 lakh . Will i get the benefit of obc or i will be counted as a general candidate in iit admission.

27th May 2011, 08:25 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get the benefit of OBC category if my father's income is 6 Lakhs/Annum?

There is list prepared by the Government of the country on the various caste that come under the OBC category. If you belong to any of these caste you can apply on that basis. OBC does not consider the income level. You must fair well in the entrance exam so that admission will not be a problem. You can visit their site for the details.
10th June 2011, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Will I get the benefit of OBC category if my father's income is 6 Lakhs/Annum?

Format for obc certificate required in AIEEE admission?
8th July 2011, 04:29 PM
namit_sahu21
Member+

No, you cannot get the advantage of being O.B.C because according to your parent's annual income you come into O.B.C Creamy layer.

The seats are reserved in the IIT's and other institutions for the candidates who belong to O.B.C Non Creamy Layer category. Thus you will not get the advantage of reservation.

Good Luck...
9th July 2011, 03:07 PM
darji.tejas1989
Junior Member+

Dear candidate,
Sorry, your father income is to very much which is not desired for indian government. For OBC certificate your father income is to be 3.50 Lakhs/annum or below.

Best of luck for your good carrier!
9th July 2011, 11:22 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

as you belongs to the the obc category. then you will get the scholarships by the central government if and only if your father's income is less than the creamy layer.
as you have mentioned that your father's income is more than 5 lakhs then you are in the creamy layer.
after the 6th payment council the limit for the creamy layer became 5 lakhs before it was
2.5 lakhs .

thanks
10th July 2011, 09:48 PM
hardeep002

Smile Re: Will I get the benefit of OBC category if my father's income is 6 Lakhs/Annum?

you will get reservation in admission but not get scholarship....
it should be .30 lakh
per annum for scholarship
thank you
14th July 2011, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

my father annual income is 2,65,000 can i get the benefit of non creamy layer of obcn category or get the concession/ benefit in creamy layer?
15th July 2011, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

pls can any1 giv d correct information regarding the new rules abt scholarship benefits for obc category (creamy layer n non creamy)both what is the lower n upper limits of annual income in both cases pls kindly update my information
16th July 2011, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

my father income is 2 lakh/ annum can i get benefit of OBC category & how
17th July 2011, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

will i get the benefit of gen category if mybfather's income is 72000/annum
22nd July 2011, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

will I get the benefit of obc category my father income is Rs.455000/ living in taluk head quarters
5th August 2011, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

i want to know parent's income means father and mother's income?
15th August 2011, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

respected sir...! iwant know about scholarship ..! i m student of OBC category. and my father yearly income is 160000. i m be student in 1st year. howmany i can take scholarship.
27th September 2011, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

My father's income is Rs:6lac p.a..Can I get OBC certificate?
17th October 2011, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

sir, actually i'm a BC-A student, but in application of gate 2012, i prefer general for caste categeory after i know the difference,i paid challan also and send it also what shall i do sir,what i want to know is BC-A comes under OBC r general ? plss sir tell me sir as possible as sooooon sir, thanq.
17th October 2011, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

sir, actually i'm a BC-A student but in gate 2012 i prefer general for caste categeory after that challan is paid by me sir pls tell me what shall i do sir WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS BC-A IS COMES UNDER OBC R GENERAL ????? PLSS TELL ME AS SOOOON AS POSSIBLE SIR. OTHERWISE IS THERE ANY EDIT OPTION IN GATE 2012 APPLICATION???? PLSS TELL ME SIR, THANQ.
11th January 2012, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

i belong to obc ( creamy layer ) .. What will i fill in aipmt form 2012? B'coz there is not seperate option for creamy or non creamy?? Or i have to mention my self in general?? Please reply ..
25th March 2012, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

i belongs to general muslim community but my parents income is only 2lakh/annum.can i claim for minority status in iit jee.
29th March 2012, 09:28 AM
Unregistered

I will get the benefit of obc category if my father salary is above 6 lakh/annum? my father is joined a bank as a clerk and now he is a sr. manager. i read in obcguru detail document about obc clearify that salary and agriculture is not attached for non creamy layer (only attach business income)
sir, please give me suitable answer to my question
3rd April 2012, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

will i get benifit of obc if my fathers income is 4.5 lakhs
6th April 2012, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

I was a class I officer in Karnataka state PSU, retired in Jan 2012 . I belong to OBC category group II a . I am not getting any govt
pension. will my daughter who is taking CET exams in MAY 2012 be eligible to get non cremy layer certificate . pl. clarify
16th June 2012, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

sir i wanted to know i belong to obc but my father income is more than 4.5lakhs . Will i get only seat. idont want scholarships??
17th September 2012, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

My fathers income is 6 lakh per annum and my father is not class I or class II officer he is teacher in junior college can I get non cremy layer certificte.
22nd September 2012, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

I am OBC ,but in creamy layer. If I got mark reservation in UGC NET exam under OBC reservation
3rd October 2012, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

my fathers income is 80000 per annum.. N i should get the scolership.. But my collage athority is saying that income must be below 75000.. N as per govt rule it should be below 350000...
So what should i do..?
17th November 2012, 10:42 PM
narendra khilery

No you will called in the creamy layer of OBC.
because your father income is tooo much.
it is different for the different states
for raj. it is 3.75 lakhs/annum,for Delhi it is 7 lakhs/annum
25th January 2013, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

I am bc , in case of applying bank exam or others,the option which has General, Obc, sc,st..whether I have to choose obc or general in case if no bc option,I am not having obc certificate becoz my dad annual income more than 4k, in some other application they ask to specify obc current or obc backlog,wat it mean and wat should i do,please help
24th February 2013, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

when should i apply for non creamylayer certificate-in jan-2013 or april-2013 for IIT admission in 2013
14th March 2013, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

My name come under the obc list.Will i get the benefit on admission in engineering college?
29th April 2013, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

i am a teacher(autonomous)comes under HRD .My gross salary is Rs.540000. my parents are not working. And they are not getting income from any other sources. If I want to apply for some other posts, am I eligible for OBC Non-creamy layer reservation? reply me [email protected]
2nd May 2013, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

Hai sir my father income 6 laKa per annum...but recently my fathr go away from nw not is in contact..so how can I got my obc certificate plz give rply as soon as possible K
7th June 2013, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i am come in General category caste and my family annual income is 2 lakhs rupees ..... so there is any reservation or benefits from indian government which i willing to take to get govt job.......
16th June 2013, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

sir my fathers income is 6 lacs per annum. will I get the benefit of obc caste? I belong to non creamy layer.
16th June 2013, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

sir my fathers income is 6 lacs per annum. will I get the benefit of obc caste? I belong to non creamy layer.
6th August 2013, 10:57 AM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by supriya27 View Post
respected sir , i wanted to know regarding obc reservation in iit . My fathers income is 6 lakh . Will i get the benefit of obc or i will be counted as a general candidate in iit admission.
yes you can apply for obc reservation

income level doesnot count for caste, obc reservation has been allowed on caste level

the reservation level cannot be measured on income parameter,

so you can apply for obc reservation where ever applicable,

you will get reservation in iit if you fulfill te marks criteria set for obc students

it may happen that you may not be allowed scholorship which is allowed to economically backward obc candidates,
26th June 2014, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

sir,As i am a sectional engineer in Govt.of maharashtra & my annual income is aboue 6 lakh.Then can i apply for non creamy layer certificate for my son is appearing for UPSC. pls guide me.
with regards
AYUB KHAN
26th June 2014, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

sir,As i am a sectional engineer in Govt.of maharashtra & my annual income is aboue 6 lakh.Then can i apply for non creamy layer certificate for my son is appearing for UPSC. pls guide me.
with regards
AYUB KHAN
18th July 2014, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

can a candidate get admission in obc catrgory whose father's income is five lakh?
9th August 2014, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

sir, my fathers gross income is 6.6l per annum
and net income is 5.7l per annum
am i eligible for obc reservation for bank jobs
14th November 2014, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Which income is count gross salary income or income after cutting of probation tax and house loan interest please clarify
5th May 2016, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

My parents annual income is more than 6 six lakhs, I am a Muslim , an OBC in the Central approved list.
Please guide me, whether I can get reservation benefits, in AIPMT
17th December 2016, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

My son can claim to be an OBC non creamy layer candidate if my salary is above 12 lacs per annum?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?