7th August 2013, 07:46 PM
tushar rao

How can I get CSE after studying 1st year in IT branch

Hello everyone..!!
i am studying in 1st year in IT branch.but i want CSE.please tell me how can i get cse ?
for CSE i am ready to even change college.

10th May 2016, 07:42 AM
sah.alok932

Default Re: How can I get CSE after studying 1st year in IT branch

Yes you can apply for B.tech in Computer Science and Application,after studying 1 year in Information Technology.
B.Tech in CSE stands for Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Application
B.Tech in IT stands for Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology.

Both streams are of engineering and are very similar to each other,basically is a sub-branch of CSE,B.Tech is a four year course and because of the similarity in their nature one can easily switch to IT after 1 year in CSE.
As for both IT and CSE,the subjects are same and no different,the course of first year in B.Tech is same for almost every stream and no difference at all,but that is strictly for 1st year and not after that in any way.
But in order to do that ,one must remember that seats are limited in any stream in college in engineering,it is required to have vacant seat in CSE in your college then only you can shift from IT to CSE,if there is no vacant seat then you will not be allow to change your stream.
Contact your college administration,find out if there is vacancy in CSE stream if yes then there is no problem in your eligibility criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?