1st July 2011, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to change my branch from CSE to ME after securing 75% in 1st year?

Hi..i m from bbd..i have secure 75% in 1st year..i want to change my branch from cse to me..cn is it possible???

1st July 2011, 04:57 PM
neelamrar

Default Re: Is it possible to change my branch from CSE to ME after securing 75% in 1st year?

yes it is possible but too difficult you should talk with hod of me branch and write application and submit them to me branch hod and registrar best of luck
1st July 2011, 06:34 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to change my branch from CSE to ME after securing 75% in 1st year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi..i m from bbd..i have secure 75% in 1st year..i want to change my branch from cse to me..cn is it possible???
dear friend,

it is possible to change your department in the end of 1 st year.

but there is criteria . you must score 8.5 in 1 st and 2nd semester both.

but you have secure 75% so from my point of view it is not possible for you.

this rule is changed through college by college.

so you contact to your college authority.

thanks
2nd July 2011, 12:37 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

This decision completely rests with the college authorities and the university where you are studying. Most of universities in the country provide the same papers for all the various departments of engineering. So, movement of a student from one department to another is feasible. If you are a student who got the seat through management quota, then the rates of seats of various branches is different. So if the college authorities and the university norms permit you for the same, yes you can change from CSE to ME.
2nd July 2011, 01:32 AM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Hi,

It is possible you can change your branch in 2nd year of engineering.

criteria to change branch-

you have scored 60% marks

you have no backlog

you fullfill these criteria so you can change branch.

To change branch you have to fill form in the college and request to change branch.

I am sure that your branch will be change.

best of luck.
2nd July 2011, 04:36 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

hallo friend,
My, it will be better for you to take the information from your college where you are studying now..
Because this type of schemes are generally varied from college to college...
as per as I know, they only allow very few number of students to switch their streams..
Those students are in top three position of their respective streams they only get a chance to shift their stream...
so, you try to get the information from your college ...

all the best..
2nd July 2011, 04:57 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

hallo friend,
My, it will be better for you to take the information from your college where you are studying now..
Because this type of schemes are generally varied from college to college...
as per as I know, they only allow very few number of students to switch their streams..
Those students are in top three position of their respective streams they only get a chance to shift their stream...
so, you try to get the information from your college ...

all the best..
22nd July 2011, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

hello!
according to last year statistics, i am getting metallurgy and chemical in nit warangal! is there any opportunity of shifting to any other top branch like cse later?........is it advisable to join the college taking chemical or metallurgy with a hope of getting shifted to cse after the counsellings...........? please give me the information........
thanks in advance..............!
22nd July 2011, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

hello!
according to last year statistics, i am getting chemical and metallurgy in nit warangal!can i have any opportunity of getting a seat in any other top branch like cse.........? is it advisable to join the colge with chemical with a hoppe of shifting to cse? please give me the information.................
thanks in advance........................!
25th July 2011, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

IS it possible y change my branch from ECE to ME after securing 81% in 1st year in wbut
11th August 2011, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

what is tha criteria for the shifting of branch innit warangal if there what is the minimum percentage tobe obtained
plz reply me
12th September 2011, 09:24 PM
mon1

what are the procedures for changing stream???????????
13th September 2011, 11:54 AM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
It depends on the college/university in which you are studying.
The rule may vary from college to college.
Generally in 1st year in both the semesters you have to get an average of 8.5 at least to switch your stream.
There may be some other factors like-how many seats are there for switching, how many students are applying for it etc.
So, it's may not be possible for you to change your stream.
All the very best.
11th June 2012, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

hey my obc rank is 13002 can i get nit
13th June 2012, 06:16 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to change branch from minning to mechanical after securing 8.5 in 1st year in nit durgapur?
13th June 2012, 12:07 PM
Radhakrishna143

dear friend,

it is possible to change your department in the end of 1 st year.

but there is criteria . you must score 8.5 in 1 st and 2nd semester both.

but you have secure 75% so from my point of view it is not possible for you.

this rule is changed through college by college.

so you contact to your college authority.

thanks

Hi, It is possible you can change your branch in 2nd
year of engineering. criteria to change branch- you have scored 60% marks you have no backlog you fullfill these criteria so you can change
branch. To change branch you have to fill form in the
college and request to change branch. I am sure that your branch will be change. best of luck.
11th July 2012, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

i have complted 1st year i just want to change my branch frao cse to civil is there any g.o for the branch slidig plz help me
20th July 2012, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

sir, can i change my branch from electronics and telecommunication to mechanical in mumbai university even i have just clear all the subjects of 1st year(F.E) but can't get 1st class? and how it is passsible?
3rd July 2013, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

can i change from chemical or production to mechanical after 1st year B.Tech at nit trichy ? if so, then please state the procedure?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?