18th August 2013, 05:06 PM
pavan kumar@

How can I join Architecture after doing BCA?

I have already joined bca leaving this i want to join architactur is it better opt or not plz answer

30th April 2016, 10:17 PM
sah.alok932

Default Re: How can I join Architecture after doing BCA?

It is not possible to become Architecture after completing BCA.
In order to study Architecture,there is a degree named as B.ARCH.
It stands for Bachelor of Architecture,one have to study it to become a Architecture.

Now the necessary condition to apply for B.ARCH is after completing Intermediate with Physics,Chemistry and Maths with minimum 50% one have to apply for a entrance test named just Engineering entrance test named as B.ARCH entrance test,it is a separate test conducted only for admission in Architecture course,and not for Engineering courses.
A separate entrance test is conducted and if you rank well then you will get a seat for studying B.ARCH.
B.ARCH is a long term course longer even than Engineering courses,as Engineering is only 4 year course where as B.ARCH is full time 5 year course.
Now as you have completed BCA then there is no way by which you can continue your study after BCA and can become B.ARCH,BCA and B.ARCH is completely,you will have to start again after Intermediate and have to appear for entrance from very beginning and have to complete the course in additional 5 years.
18th August 2017, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

Can't it be possible to join in architecture i.e B.arch or M.arch after completing BCA in any terms or condition.
19th August 2017, 02:54 AM
manjira...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can't it be possible to join in architecture i.e B.arch or M.arch after completing BCA in any terms or condition.
No it is not possible to join B.Arch or M.Arch after completing BCA. BCA is Bachelor in Computer Application and it has no link with Architecture. After your BCA you can apply for Master in Computer Application.

To join M.Arch the candidate should have a B.Arch degree with minimum 55% throughout the course.

For admission in B.Arch the candidates need to take an entrance examination called NATA( National Aptitude Test in Architecture) which is conducted by the Council of Architecture. The eligibility criteria are

General candidates should have passed 10+2 level or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board. For reserved category candidates minimum marks is reduced by 5%.
The candidates should have studied Mathematics as a compulsory subject in 10+2 level.
There is no age limitation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?